Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite somberholt?!?!?!?!? @STS @Everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Default Elite somberholt?!?!?!?!? @STS @Everyone

What do you guys think?

Now i know the map can be hard with the wrong team etc....

But with a decent team the map seems pretty easy right? Opinons please

So why not create a elite version of this map
    Increase drop rate a little of course

And also add those elite gold runner chests
    Mabye something else too? (Double points)

Let me know down below what you think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

There wont be elite version of new maps and it was already annouced

3. The Following User Says Thank You to resurrected For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Ahh i never saw this in fourms what a bummer so i guess floor 3 and 4.....5 mobs will be set at a higher lvl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    Ahh i never saw this in fourms what a bummer so i guess floor 3 and 4.....5 mobs will be set at a higher lvl?
    Yes mobs will be scaled in every floor. Higher floor harder mobs better drop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Oh damn is it only me that hasnt eveny reach the third tier :/ tooo boring in the graveyard for me

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do you guys think?

I have to agree with your quote Now i know the map can be hard with the wrong team etc....But with a decent team the map seems pretty easy right?.

True that i experienced these battle runs with good and lousy teams.
    The lousy teams will surely have their teammates quit (give up) during the battle journey halfway before reaching the boss's region OR failed to eliminate the boss together in Somberholt map.

Thus , the team members from lousy team will eventually leave the map one by one in a chain reaction as the quitters (from lousy teams) feel no hope in their inefficient teams.

Sometimes , the lousy team can make a success to conquer and accomplish the entire battle only if there is a strong teamwork in that team.
    For good and best teams who able to accomplish the entire battle , this is due to two important factors , High-end gears and weapons from at least 3 teammates AND Strong teamwork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Too add to what Reserrected said, I pasted Carapace's full post below, it seem many have still missed reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on this, I want to take a moment to explain a bit of the philosophy of this expansion and how it opens up over time.

- The Graveyard is the entry point for endgame content, saving up for a badge to get into the Mausoleum is a milestone in the new content. While it is understandable that everyone wants immediate access, having a sense of progression and accomplishing it are important. This exists agin at floors 3 and 4 as another rank and badge requirement exist.
    - Once inside the Mausoleum, the floor depths play a key roll in increasing token payout. Starting with Mausoleum 1 and 2, players will have the chance to run into Minibosses (the bosses from the Graveyard) at random places on the floor. Killing these also grant a token, and the chances and number of minibosses potentially available starts to go higher the deeper you go.
    - In addition to weapons and stats, ranking up your character adds a passive buff inside of Somberholt Dungeons that increase raw damage and armor eventually making the once difficult content harder and faster to farm.
    - Scaling Difficulty. New this expansion we have removed the idea of "elite" dungeons, and are instead doing level scaling of the mobs. You may have noticed at level 61 that the mobs in the Graveyard have Green dots rather than yellow. Their level is capped at 59, making them easier to dispatch as ranks, gear, and levels push you to more power. A real sense of power progression. On the flip side in the depths of the Mausoleum level 61's will be taking on level 62, 65, and on and on over time providing a different style of challenge to the player.

This expansion content is designed to unroll slowly over time to introduce new bosses, new encounters, new chase items and harder difficulties while keeping the content a little fresher than the past expansions and their fixed maps. Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace, as over time every stage will all inevitably unlock and its rewards and content will expand as part of the narrative.

This is a new take on an expansion that we hope achieves a couple of things.

1. The one-and-done expansion. Previously the content would release, and be finished within 2 hours. Nothing new to work towards, and an apprehension related to when the new item is coming

2. Provide a clear path of achieveable progress through items and content. As of launch, everyone know there is a Mythic at level 61. They know it can be upgraded, and what will be required to do so. This is unique as previously none of this would be known up front and the expectancy that ones gear may immediately become worthless as soon as a new crate mythic is released was very high and had its own issues. This is an achieveable milestone that becomes available over time.

3. Challenges with increased reward payout. All of the loot in the new expansion is available at this point. By going deeper into the dungeons the chances of getting the good stuff begins to increase substantially as the number of bosses on a floor each give a chance at the loot, and the chance of the loot to drop is higher than the previous floor. New tile types will begin to spawn with additional encouters and rewards as well!

4. Expandable difficulty. We have no doubt that by the time Mausoleum 5 is unlocked end game players will be working hard to best it. One of the great aspects of the randomization dungeon system is we can add additional floors to expand the depth from 5 to 10, to 20, etc. Increased chances of fighting yet more minibosses for more tokens, even better loot chances, and unique encoutners all make for a more rewarding experience

We are attempting to balance the immediate sense of gratification with prolonged goals and individual, as well as server progress.

Keep the feedback rolling in but we do want to express that this expansion is different than what has come before.

-Carapace
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do you guys think?

The Spacetime Studios will not release the elite version of all Graveyard maps in Chancel of Light expansion until all 4 tier stages are completed by the community.

As for the elite runner chest drops , we all players love it but i doubt the STS will put elite runner chest drops in normal (non-elite) Graveyard maps but the developers will definitely include them for the elite version.

For my opinion , Temporary Event of elite runner chest drops for normal graveyard maps will be the best cool and great deal for us as they contains 1k to 3k golds etc.
    That will be a great gold farming for all players.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We do intend to put Elite Runners chests into Mausoleum floor 4+ which starts to become available in Stage 3
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Does anyone else feel that the ranks are a bit too much...? I do understand developers want a game for players to play and work on for more than just 2 hours, but in my opinion the current points should be halved.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We do intend to put Elite Runners chests into Mausoleum floor 4+ which starts to become available in Stage 3
    I see..... very awesome. Thanks for detailed highlight.
    Currently , I am at Apprentice rank.

I see some Advocate players recording themselves on Youtube , battling at Mausoleum maps floor 1 and 2.
    The mobs and bosses (The Misshapen , Umbral mass , Magic Weaver) are super fearsome and very challenging.
    The difficulty is harder than somberholt graveyard map as well... so your enhancement of elite runner chests drops in Floor 4+ is very rational and meaningfully justified due to floor 4 is even harder than floor 3 and below.

I am excited and cannot wait to acquire Order Badge to gain access into the Mausoleum soon after reaching Acolyte rank.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the ranks are a bit too much...? I do understand developers want a game for players to play and work on for more than just 2 hours, but in my opinion the current points should be halved.
    While we understand the aversion to something like the high score rank requirements, we've designed this as a marathon and not a sprint that everyone will work their way too casually or actively over the course of the expansion. The players that have already hit Disciple and higher have surprised us considerably! They are however, in the small minority of the population as the meat of the community is in the Acolyte/Advocate rank. There is nothing wrong with taking some time to get there.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

nice news, but i have some opinions on it though. i think for items that is dropped globally on arlor, it should be harder maps give you better chance, or better effort per reward/chance ratio, because on harder maps, we also took another step of risk, cost, and difficulty. currently even 2nd floor already took more time than elite underhul (please correct me if i'm wrong) per mobs kill, and it won't be too long before people realize it will be more efficient to hunt gold elite runners chest on easier maps. this, in my opinion, will repeat the same history with how people over farmed jarl and km3 for locked crates. and will repeat the complaints about 'farming slavery' or 'forced to farm' in older maps.

also works the same for jewel, crates, experience point, and gold drop. because all these items/points are dropping in whole arlor, and the best effort per reward ratio is (unfortunately) not given by the hardest map
    Last edited by extrapayah; 10-20-2016 at 01:10 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

IMO this is a WAY BETTER idea than having elite versions of the dungeons. This is how the entire game of AL should have been since the beginning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    IMO this is a WAY BETTER idea than having elite versions of the dungeons. This is how the entire game of AL should have been since the beginning.
    No it shouldnt its perfect the way it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Hmm well at least gold runner chests are being added thats a nice addition

Thanks

As to what avaree put i havent miss read anything lol but mabye others have.....

The increasing diffculty sounds fun so basically its like elite in a way i guess then. 🙊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mage blood View Post
    I see..... very awesome. Thanks for detailed highlight.
    Currently , I am at Apprentice rank.

I see some Advocate players recording themselves on Youtube , battling at Mausoleum maps floor 1 and 2.
    The mobs and bosses (The Misshapen , Umbral mass , Magic Weaver) are super fearsome and very challenging.
    The difficulty is harder than somberholt graveyard map as well... so your enhancement of elite runner chests drops in Floor 4+ is very rational and meaningfully justified due to floor 4 is even harder than floor 3 and below.

I am excited and cannot wait to acquire Order Badge to gain access into the Mausoleum soon after reaching Acolyte rank.

Umbral mass boss needs some strategy, watch out when he's winding up his belch, it can wipe you out in close range. I like bosses that need strategy rather than the usual 'ankh revive to kill a hard boss' philosophy.

Anyway, good luck at reaching advocate and battling inside the mausoleum.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 10-26-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Initially, I did find the new content difficult (considering I started running graveyard as a lv54 or 55). I am currently lv58, and, with the exception of those damned curse mages, find the content rather pedestrian now that I have some of the new equipment.

I try to run about 20-30 graveyards a day, but it does get monotonous, and with the reduced gold payout, isn't quite the income stream that it once was, which is unfortunate. The points necessary for advancement are substantial, and I am only an Acolyte at 7.5k points. I just wish that there was a little more variety than running one map over and over and over....and over. The only daily that I have available to me right now is the Studying the Horde, which grants a whopping 2 tokens, so doesn't help much towards buying the two different badges necessary to get access to the Mausoleum.

I think it would have worked out better as a funnel, where the first level gives you a choice of 3 or 4 maps, next level is 2 different maps, and then singular (more difficult) maps beyond. If nothing else, it would break up the monotony of re-running the same map.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy farming and don't mind the grind all that much, but it does get tiring to keep doing the same thing, especially with the reduced gold payout.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I love running mausoleum 1+2 but unfortunately it seems rather bereft of any runners.

People are constantly running the graveyard shift. I wonder if STS could assign more points in mausoleum 1+2 for incentive even if it's something like 1.5 points per mob.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

yes agree needs better reward points to help people gain the ranks faster since the mobs are more difficult and scale up.