Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rank System Dynamics and Gameplay progression, 1000 coin cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Rank System Dynamics and Gameplay progression, 1000 coin cap.

Rank System Dynamics and Gameplay progression, 1000 coin cap.

Im Lightbearer 72k points, current coins are at 1000 and i have around 100 bronze coffers stashed.

This thread is primarily to examine the Ranking and coin system for the new expansion, and address the issue of coin capping at 1000 coins, and how the community stage system is not balanced for the current end gamer imho.

Those of us players that are the forunners of the expansion and have reached Lightbearer Rank or above already, are struggling with max coins and max inventory slots for bronze coffers etc etc etc and are currently stuck in our game progression and have nothing to do till stage 4 kicks in which is months away?!?!??

Many of my friends and game colleagues are already in the same position as myself outlined above, which is frustrating. And we no longer have the motivation to continue playing the new expansion and completing the daily quests as we are constantly struggling with the current coin cap .... in truth are literally "dumping" the hard earned coins we have farmed .... and we now have nothing to strive for or aim towards.

We are only at the start of stage two, and stage three is many weeks away by the look of the community goal bar. But even when stage three goes live we will STILL have nothing to do, and STILL have coin cap at 1000?
    If you look at the progression outlined below you can see that even when stage three begins we can only constructively spend 300 coins ... Proof of balance disciple 150 coins and Honour Order badge 150 coins.
    Many friends already have this amount of coins stashed in bronze coffers, so even when stage three starts we have nothing to do but wait for all the stage four benefits?
    Stage three i think is empty of things to do, and yet stage four is loaded with items to spend coins on?
    Endgamers are already stuck with game progression, and for me the expansion has now ground to a halt, and i will have to wait for months until stage four and something to do

Now ... looking at the stages and what is available at each stage it all seems unbalanced to me?
    I think at the very least in order to motivate players, Proof of balance lightbearer 300 coins, Exemplary Order badge 250 coins, Gold coffer 21 coins, Empty Elixir vial 20 coins, Balanced Armour 800 coins and Balanced Helm 800 coins, should all be moved from stage four into stage three so we can run the next stage with game progression and motivation, and we can continue to rank up along with spending coins effectively?

It will give us something to do and motivate us to do the community dailies (which some of us cant be bothered to do any more because we are not getting any where) instead of all waiting for stage four which has a heap of things to do, and thousands of coins to collect and spend only at that time ... which we could be doing right now?!?!?!

I may also go so far as to suggest we can start spending coins on Balanced bars right now .... as to craft Balanced weapons we will need 5 of these bars which is 2500 coins? Leave the possibility to craft the weapons where they are for sure .... ie need to be exalted and be at community stage four, so the weapons are exclusive to those that have achieved exalted rank. But we could be gathering the balanced bars now while we hunt for the scales and rank up ... ie motivation and a goal.

I dont think the coin capping is actually the problem .... i think the content available in the different stages needs to be shuffled a little?

Brief outline of whats available to us to spend coins on at what stage:

Outsider
    Apprentice 2k points
    Acolyte 6K points
    Advocate 16k points
    Disciple 30k points
    Lightbearer 55k points
    Lightbearer Elite 115k points
    Exalted ... questline.

Stage one
    Proof of balance acolyte 75 coins
    Order badge 75 coins
    Bronze coffer 2 coins
    guessing a little as i completed this weeks ago?

stage two
    Proof of balance advocate 100 coins
    Order badge 100 coins
    Bronze coffer 2 coins
    guessing a little as i completed this weeks ago?

stage three
    Proof of balance disciple 150 coins
    Honour Order badge 150 coins
    Silver coffer 7 coins

stage four
    Proof of balance lightbearer 300 coins
    Exemplary Order badge 250 coins
    Gold coffer 21 coins
    Empty Elixir vial 20 coins
    Balanced Armour 800 coins
    Balanced Helm 800 coins

Exalted title required:
    Proof of balance exalted 800 coins
    Balance Bar 500 coins
    Recipe Illuminating Belt Upgrade 600 coins
    Imbalanced weapons (various) 600
    Voice of the Order belt 800 coins

CRAFTING: ALL at stage four.
    Enlightened belt ........... 1 x Illuminated belt, 1 x Recipe Illuminated belt upgrade, 1 x Arcane Shard.
    Balance Weapon Upgrade ..... 10 x Condensed Dark Powder, 10 x Condensed Light Powder, 5 x Apostle Elixir, 5 x Templar Elixir, 5 x Balanced Bar, 5 x Balanced Scale, 1 x Imbalanced Weapon x 1

At some stage before a hotfix i think these two were craftable, but they have disappeared from crafting list so i cant remember exactly what was required?
    Apostle Elixir ..... 1 x Empty Elixir Vial 20 coins, 5 x Condensed Dark Powder
    Templar Elixir ..... 1 x Empty Elixir Vial 20 coins, 5 x Condensed Light Powder

Illuminated Belt ... no idea where we get this?
    Balanced Scale ..... ive seen this looted from the Somberholt boss.

Im going to ignore all the pinks available for coins like the balanced sash's for 500 coins, and he Ebb Loop, glow braid, timeworn horn etc etc etc for 200 coins as these are all cheaply available in cs, and looted fairly often while running the various maps.

anyhows .. thats my two cents worth ....

Greo

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

yes yes yes, as u said! we need more tokens cap n these things that u mentioned from stage 4 should me moved to stage 3..
    its so stupid if we can only get 1k tokens max because we wont spent em event at stage 3 but when the stage 4 hit we have to collect 353565 tokens for these items, ridiculous and funny... farmers must wait till stage 4 will be available

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Very good idea for 2 cents worth 👍

Sts are very clever they are making sure the expansion lasts the 6 months.....

But even when something new comes out after those 6 months i dont think expansion will be finished its already taking too long for stage 3 too open

And we will most likely have 4th bday event in AL which mean the bar will go slower as most players will be in mines or tombs so.....

Theres my 1 cents worth or 1 penny actually seeing in uk. Kairi 👍
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Agree, they should increase it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Increase token limit to 5k or remove community stage requirement from buying in npc..
    From last day i stop doing daily quest due to token limit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Yes, and please Devs we need a 2x Rank points weekend. I have 10k points and is very bored go to somberholt again and again.... If you want only 100 points you need to do 2 maps :////////////

Still I'm not playing the expansion. Only waiting events...

Or maybe I have a life and can't play everytime :V

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Hehe, I farm endgame pretty hard too but only have 20k points. Judging by the community progression bar, it seems the majority don't have lightbearer yet. This expansion has to last a season and it felt it opened right now, there would be nothing left to do. I know it's a new method to the game with a slower progression, but I quite like the pace. I do agree there should be more room for coins to be stored, but at least coffers are a means to the problem.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

its not so much the coin cap that bothers me, its more that stage three has zero content, where as stage four is huge?
    In order for us to have motivation we need short term goals to break up the monotony. For example being able to purchase the balanced bars now would mean that our goal is 500 coins a pop, rather than the end of that goal which is 2500 coins which will all have to be collected in stage four?
    By collecting the coins in smaller chunks it seems more achievable?
    Right now with max coins and loads of coffers, which incidently costs two coins and gives back only one, and nothing to spend coins on and progress through the new content, i have zero motivation to even do the dailies. That dang community bar is crawling so slowly up, and besides at stage three there is nothing for me to do?
    To achieve the full expansion content we are going to have to run the new maps around 8000 times, and 7000 of that is ALL in stage four?!?!?!?

Another way to look at the whole breaking down the journey to the reward is this:
    Imagine having to do all the 500 elite boss kills, and all the 100 elite boss kills, and all the 5k elite mob kills in ONE go, rather than the baby steps of achieving all those individual aps?!?!?!?
    Errrrmmmm ... nobody would do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I completely agree.

At this point, I see nothing wrong with allowing players to buy balanced bars and/or balanced scales for coins. I've run Graveyard hundreds of times, and haven't seen a scale drop yet. If grinding is the goal (which is totally fine), at least allow players to cash in for items that we all know will be needed and will hold substantial value. Players can use balanced bars and balanced scales as a proxy for 500 coins, which minimizes the impact of the coin cap.

I am sure I will continue grinding, but I agree with everyone here, that there isn't a lot to motivate players to grind at the moment. The ranking system is a bit daunting, especially considering that any tangible benefit to grinding so hard is many months away. If we could purchase bars/scales for coins now, and convert some of the hard work into 250k+ (I'm assuming 250k will be the auction price floor for balanced bars ~500g per coin), then we can either cash in now, or stash and be prepared when stage four eventually comes around.

At the rate that these stages are unfolding, not to mention the paltry loot table, I suspect many players will lose interest long before anything worthwhile comes our way.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Another issue I have is that for players like me who get maybe an hour or two to play per day at most, ranking up on two characters is simply impossible. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of starting on the wrong character and have about 10,000 points, Mausoleum access and 100 coins just lying here being wasted. I wish the badges for Mausoleum access were actual items that I could stash and use on my rogue so I don't have to spend another 150(?) tokens on it. Ideally, I wish I could transfer my points and tokens but that seems like too much to ask for. I suppose I will either wait for some reason to farm on my mage again or buy some bronze coffers and stash it.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Just want to acknowlede that we have read this. We are discussing some potential adjustments we can make. No promises of course, but we are discussing options.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    Last edited by Carapace; 11-07-2016 at 03:34 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just make 0/10000 tokens and problem solved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterqo View Post
    Just make 0/10000 tokens and problem solved.
    dont forget about macro users

Wysłane z mojego SM-A500FU przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Drop stage 4 into stage 3, increase coinage/token amount to 10k and do something else magical in stage 4.

P.S erm just a tad off topic, you can also create a mini event where you can have something similar to the Prince Levlar thing but this time give points instead of XP.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-07-2016 at 08:53 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i hope devs also consider shared access badge, to let non-hardcore multi-class-players enjoy minimal content
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I dig this. I dig this hard. We need different mosulium drops to for a reason to run it
    Click the link to get to my new Signature Shop!