Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Balance Tokens for Rank Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Balance Tokens for Rank Points

I been getting fun and boring with endgame map,I got the elite rank while others played the halloween event and still playing those new maps for dialies and trying to help my guildies. .Just yesterday I noticed the modifications devs made to the items tradeables with the balanced tokens
    * mythic weapon, armor, helm no longer need the exalted range (which was a bit logical) but it seems exaggerated to lower it until I need the stage 4, only to be LIGHTBEARER!
    *To put on sale in stage 4 a bag of 5k points which is absurd but it will also cost only 100 TOKENS

It feel unfair for real farmers who spent time and ankhs and pots farming those maps, just because STS again does offer the easier option to the rich people buying everything.

Trust me ..5k points meant 5hours with awesome party , and 100 tokens cost 250k -300k gold...we spent more than that.
    Last edited by Justg; 11-15-2016 at 12:11 PM. Reason: less dramatic title

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

They were always tradable when expansion beginit is good tho, what if I'm ranking up my war to get mythic for my rogue. Also something to farm and get money, think about players who have alot of gold and plats but no time to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This was bound to happen as people kept on complaining about the new system beeing to boring and repetitive. I guess most players want to go back to the old days where it was only luck which mattered (recipe in arena lol). You could still run the maps for the pink drops though. Most of it still sells for a decent price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RYYUKK View Post
    The text may sound rude but I could not find a better word..
    I been getting fun and boring with endgame map,I got the elite rank while others played the halloween event and still playing those new maps for dialies and trying to help my guildies. .Just yesterday I noticed the modifications devs made to the items tradeables with the balanced tokens
    * mythic weapon, armor, helm no longer need the exalted range (which was a bit logical) but it seems exaggerated to lower it until I need the stage 4, only to be LIGHTBEARER!
    *To put on sale in stage 4 a bag of 5k points which is absurd but it will also cost only 100 TOKENS

It feel unfair for real farmers who spent time and ankhs and pots farming those maps, just because STS again does offer the easier option to the rich people buying everything.

Trust me ..5k points meant 5hours with awesome party , and 100 tokens cost 250k -300k gold...we spent more than that.
    One thing you don't take into consideration is, some players can't grind like others for hours upon hours. This is one way to sorta keep this a pick up and play mobile game for those who cannot grind 2+ more hours a day. The players still have to be at lightbearer's rank to use those purchsed points, and the community at stage 4.

There is nothing unfair about your choice in grinding to the rank you are at now. When the community reaches the final stage, teams that have ran together for months even years can play together at the same rank, in the same stage.

Kudos to the dev team for this feature (5k pt for 100 balance tokens) in the twilight expansion

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  434.1 KB
    Last edited by Avaree; 11-15-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added photo
    Avy
    12-2012

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

i can see that sts has changed a lot of the available things we can spend coins on when we reach stage three now rather than stage four (which should happen in a day or two) ... which is awesome, and THANK YOU so much.
    I have been struggling with a full inventory and max coins for over two weeks now, so its good to know i can happily rank up to elite lightbearer and put coins to good use while doing so.

As far as making 5k mob kill points available to buy for 100 coins is concerned i completely agree with this.
    You will notice that this is not available until stage FOUR, which will not be available for at least 6 weeks judging by the history of the bar progression.
    What this will do is allow other players that do NOT have the many many hours a day to grind 115k mob kill points the chance to rank up at an increased rate later on in the expansion than those forerunner players.
    Everyone .... everyone will be able progress through the game, and take on the quest to become exalted rank.
    We know the time and dedication required to grind out 115k points, and some will get there first and be able to explore the full expansion before others, but there are many many many players that simply do not have the time.

It is fair that players that do not play so much have a fast track method to rank up to elite lightbearer and enjoy the questline to exalted and all the other benefits.

Those that get there first will of course loot the good stuff earlier, and thus make more gold etc etc etc.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Oh .... Avaree beat me to it lol, was writing at same time?!?!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Tbh I'm sort of waiting to see Justg's creative editorial on the title.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The intent of the 5k Points is to target players with Alts that they would like to see accelerate through the content. The pack is only stashable and not tradeable. It would not be very cost effective to rank yourself up and ignore things like the Mausoleum Access.

As is typical in MMOs, the rate of progression tends to accelerate. While this is visible now, it won't be available until Stage 4 is unlocked. I would be very surprised if the server accomplished Stage 4 in 6 weeks!

Edit: I believe this is supposed to require Lightbeaer Elite to purchase the 5k Rank Points, not Lightbearer
    Last edited by Carapace; 11-15-2016 at 12:24 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

So players can sit and wait , thats all what they need , till reach stage 4 u would be able to buy coffers and get tokens to buy points, without any run.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

you also have to have a character that is Lightbearer or higher in order to purchase the points. once Stage 4 opens new players to the Somberholt will not be able to purchase them early - however I do see your point about Lightbearer to Lightbearer Elite. I will talk with the team, this may have been intended to be Lightbearer Elite and not Lightbearer
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

So players can sit and wait , thats all what they need , till reach stage 4 u would be able to buy coffers and get tokens to buy points, without any run.
    lol ..... errrrrrr ... the game is great fun to play so why on earth would you wanna sit doing nothing for 6 weeks (or maybe a lot more he he)

You are missing the point, rank points for a few tokens is LATER is in the stage. It allows EVERYONE to join in the fun @_@

smh

(note to self bronze coffer prob go up in price later on in expansion due to players buying em for coins to trade for rank points) ((extra note to self prob dont tell anyone this)) (((extra extra note to self maybe buy now while everyones dumping coffer with max coins and max inv full of coffers and price is probably quite low))) ((((further extra extra note to self def worth thinkingaboutitandwatchingtoseewhatthemarketdoes)) ))

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This will be changed to a rank requirement of Lightbearer Elite. We agree that in order to speed up your Alts you still need to run the entire gauntlet to Lightbearer Elite on your own first.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    however I do see your point about Lightbearer to Lightbearer Elite. I will talk with the team, this may have been intended to be Lightbearer Elite and not Lightbearer
    hmmmmm ... if you raise the requirement from Lightbearer to Lightbearer elite then theres no point to the fast track idea?
    Achieving Lightbearer is a lot of grinding ... but getting 115k mob kills is a mighty long path i can tell you as im half way through it.
    Most people will struggle to achieve lightbearer elite status without any help, and thus will never get to start the exalted quest and deeper dungeons?

Lets do a little math:
    1 run takes 5 minutes (faster slower depends on team)
    1 run gives roughly 60 kills
    so to get to Disciple its around 900 runs to get to 55k points
    So thats roughly 76 hours solid gameplay

So to get from 55k to 115k you need a further 60k points
    83 hours gameplay.

Thats a LOT of hours?
    And thats without playing any other game content or chatting, trading etc etc etc.
    The hardest thing about getting from lightbearer to lightbearer elite is the fact that its 60,000 kills with no break down into smaller goals, and thats a challenge.

Players that only have a few hours to play every day will not be able to experience the fantastic expansion for a very very long time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    hmmmmm ... if you raise the requirement from Lightbearer to Lightbearer elite then theres no point to the fast track idea?
    Achieving Lightbearer is a lot of grinding ... but getting 115k mob kills is a mighty long path i can tell you as im half way through it.
    Most people will struggle to achieve lightbearer elite status without any help, and thus will never get to start the exalted quest and deeper dungeons?

Lets do a little math:
    1 run takes 5 minutes (faster slower depends on team)
    1 run gives roughly 60 kills
    so to get to Disciple its around 900 runs to get to 55k points
    So thats roughly 76 hours solid gameplay

So to get from 55k to 115k you need a further 60k points
    83 hours gameplay.

Thats a LOT of hours?
    And thats without playing any other game content or chatting, trading etc etc etc.
    The hardest thing about getting from lightbearer to lightbearer elite is the fact that its 60,000 kills with no break down into smaller goals, and thats a challenge.

Players that only have a few hours to play every day will not be able to experience the fantastic expansion for a very very long time.
    The goal is to fast track your other characters, and not the main character.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The goal is to fast track your other characters, and not the main character.
    Thank you for this . I don't have to grind my other character like I am doing on my main. But still I need of gold to buy tokens that's necessary to buy the points.

I am pretty sure it will help everyone as there will be high demand for the coffer and getting one character to the required rank ensure easier ranking up to another alt.

I don't see any harm being points available to buy for another alt.

I hope people will see the advantages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ah, no please, make it available for light bearer rank not elite, im already at 45k points and what motivates me now is that, and also im not spending any of my tokens so i can purchase the points pack to fill my needed points for elite light bearer. Tia !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

The intent of the 5k Points is to target players with Alts that they would like to see accelerate through the content. The pack is only stashable and not tradeable. It would not be very cost effective to rank yourself up and ignore things like the Mausoleum Access.

As is typical in MMOs, the rate of progression tends to accelerate. While this is visible now, it won't be available until Stage 4 is unlocked. I would be very surprised if the server accomplished Stage 4 in 6 weeks!

Edit: I believe this is supposed to require Lightbeaer Elite to purchase the 5k Rank Points, not Lightbearer
    This is great. I've been planning to cap another rogue so I can explore the Luminous Templar avenue as well as the Dark Acolyte I've set my eyes on for my main rogue. This scheme will help my alt get the points she needs.

PS. Any chance of raising the balance token cap?
    Last edited by ilhanna; 11-15-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

hmmmmm, as a player who enjoys playing with alts, i could care less about points, because what i want to do first is accessing the content for all my alts, and tbh this buy-able points, aren't helping normal players to enjoy the game content casually, nor does it make players lazy as per the original poster mentioned, since players still need hefty amounts of runs to get the tokens needed, or farm like no tomorrow elsewhere to buy coffers.

if there is a thing that can cause players to become lazy as the poster said, it's the game situation where hoarding old items (e.g. arcane shards) gives more profit than running maps.
    although, decent gold drops in new maps and the fact that new farmed gears outperform old gears is countering the effect.

so, imo, rather than a complaint directed to this buy-able points, the original poster should complaint about not getting enough profit after running that much, if that's the actual case.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

This will be changed to a rank requirement of Lightbearer Elite. We agree that in order to speed up your Alts you still need to run the entire gauntlet to Lightbearer Elite on your own first.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Its something, thnx for heard my opinion and real farmers would be happy with that, eventually if there is a reason to run 3rd stage like a great loot again, people will stop being lazy, anyway thnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Its something, thnx for heard my opinion and real farmers would be happy with that, eventually if there is a reason to run 3rd stage like a great loot again, people will stop being lazy, anyway thnx
    I'm agree with you. I hope with more decent loots (new items maybe) would waking up players from their slumber...