Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    The grinding isn't the point here it's the grinding for nothing aspect of this expansion
    Here go these thousands of runs just to be able to run the next little piece
    All of those expansions you mentioned had elite content soon after release that gave us players a good amount of profit without having to work hard for weeks upon weeks just to be able to run the content...
    Dude what are you talking about, gold loot drops are amazing at new maps, just for the gold loot, it's worth running the new maps, tokens and gear are just a bonus, no more situations where a dude comes into a map and becomes a millionaire rather that the other dude farming his butt off to end up with nothing, there's no better farming method currently in game but farming the new maps, great work STS hoping to see more things like this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    10-10-2016 (Deciple rank within 5 days of expansion release; ideally farming graveyard for 6 hours daily).

10-15-2016 (lightbearer rank within 5 days of achieving deciple rank; ideally farming graveyard for 5 hours daily).

I don't think you represent the group the OP is highlighting with this thread mate.
    So I had a week or so left of vacay and had the free time and decided to invest them in al. So? Your point is? I never said that I expect anyone else to have the same amount of free time as I did. And as I said in this thread you can get approximately 1200 rank points each hour.
    Those that find it boring that's your problem. You find it boring. If you can't make it fun for yourself either do something else or go play another game. Do not whine about it so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    Well, if it already says alot, that should mean something. If people are quitting because of a new expansion, maybe you should pay attention instead of saying crap that applies to no one else (its not like we have a massive player base btw). Read Perceval's post - he summed up why we arent talking about you completely.

Please do write an essay replying to the points above. I would actually like to hear how this is good for the majority.
    People that find it boring and want to quit it's their own problem that they can't enjoy the game so by all means go ahead and quit. World won't end, game will continue. Don't expect because some people are slacking waiting for sts to make ways to make things easier for you that this will actually happen. And for those that don't have sufficient time are you going to complain about it too? If you barely have 1 hour to play AL I'd suggest you go find a game where you don't need to grind to keep up. If you can't handle it then byebye.

Don't feel like grinding the graveyard/mausoleum? Then go do something else in AL. Want those boss ap, etc? Then the grinding is required. All those saying that you barely have 1h to play so what? Get 500 points daily. You'll get there someday.
    Last edited by Abuze; 11-29-2016 at 05:14 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Please argue with positive word, and be more constructive. Dev may listen to us. Respect the other. Chill lol~

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Lol y'all talking about 50k points, I'm at 1400 lol, curse mages are too op and is basically an instant death for a rogue if there is a mob, aimed shots also, one shot a rogue to death. I will and i mean i will never reach the top in the new maps, i still haven't complete my glint set and I'm on the plate at the time, i think that's enough hard work, Gratz to the people who don't go to school or no job who can farm the maps 24/7, i give y'all props.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i hope sts also consider to make proofs account bound, not toon bound...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if this game is easy, well its not worth to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxalivexx View Post
    Lol y'all talking about 50k points, I'm at 1400 lol, curse mages are too op and is basically an instant death for a rogue if there is a mob, aimed shots also, one shot a rogue to death. I will and i mean i will never reach the top in the new maps, i still haven't complete my glint set and I'm on the plate at the time, i think that's enough hard work, Gratz to the people who don't go to school or no job who can farm the maps 24/7, i give y'all props.
    Lol. I'm in Graduate School for Diamonds and work in the Industry. Ofc the amount of hours I can play a day various on work schedule/studying. I'm at 106k points atm! 99.9% of MMORPGs you have to put this type of grind in, and yes even in mobile ones. And please spare me with that no life BS. I hear all of your points that are complaining, but it is possible to reach the higher ranks/points in good time.

I think Sts did a great job with this expansion. My only complaint is I wish they added new main bosses floor 3-4.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

This isn't directed at OP, but more to the general forums community, because this isn't the first thread where this kind of argument breaks out.

There is a clear distinction between I can't (I'm under level 55/my account is banned/my parents cut off my Internet privileges/my phone fell in the bathtub, etc.) and I don't want to (I don't think it's worth my time/I won't run the same maps over and over and you can't make me). Every other obstacles in between (PUGs give me rashes/undead mage curse gives me nightmares/tokens give me panic attack/I have a job and family and pet rabbit, etc., etc.) can be circumvented.

IMO consistency and endurance are more important in this expansion than sheer number of hours spent on the Somberholt content. 500-1000 points (between half an hour to an hour) a day will get you up the ranks eventually and get you the tokens with some to spare. I've seen it done; my guildies who continue running the Somberholt content and are now either Disicples or Lightbearers have a full time job or busy college schedule, and are juggling kids, pets that need walking or regular vet visit, family gatherings, outings with friends, etc. But the kind of community goals we have in this expansion actually gives plenty of room for you to catch up and make sure that you can start the next stage together with others who have reached the higher tiers earlier, on an even footing. Question is whether you want to put in the time--and I'm not talking 24/7--and get those points, and those tokens, one by one, kill by kill, run by run, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes during lunch break plus about the same time on commute or whatever. If you don't, then nothing people say can change that.

There's also another side to the community goals. It's called a community goal for a reason. So other people, other parts of the community, have contributed to it. Some contribute a lot, some a bit less, according to the time available to them, day in day out. And then there are those who drag their feet or outright refuse to take part when the community goal gets tough. As corny as this may sound, the community goal means we're in this together. Either pull your weight to the best of your ability, or don't rock the boat by branding other people nolifer or other inaccurate, presumptuous label.

But OK, Arlor is a free country and noone can or should push anyone to do anything they don't want to do. So you don't think this expansion is for you. There are other ways this game can be enjoyed, there are other things to farm, other maps to run. You can pvp, you can merch, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't easily jump to the conclusion that everyone shares your opinion about this expansion, the goals or the rank syatem.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    This isn't directed at OP, but more to the general forums community, because this isn't the first thread where this kind of argument breaks out.

There is a clear distinction between I can't (I'm under level 55/my account is banned/my parents cut off my Internet privileges/my phone fell in the bathtub, etc.) and I don't want to (I don't think it's worth my time/I won't run the same maps over and over and you can't make me). Every other obstacles in between (PUGs give me rashes/undead mage curse gives me nightmares/tokens give me panic attack/I have a job and family and pet rabbit, etc., etc.) can be circumvented.

IMO consistency and endurance are more important in this expansion than sheer number of hours spent on the Somberholt content. 500-1000 points (between half an hour to an hour) a day will get you up the ranks eventually and get you the tokens with some to spare. I've seen it done; my guildies who continue running the Somberholt content and are now either Disicples or Lightbearers have a full time job or busy college schedule, and are juggling kids, pets that need walking or regular vet visit, family gatherings, outings with friends, etc. But the kind of community goals we have in this expansion actually gives plenty of room for you to catch up and make sure that you can start the next stage together with others who have reached the higher tiers earlier, on an even footing. Question is whether you want to put in the time--and I'm not talking 24/7--and get those points, and those tokens, one by one, kill by kill, run by run, even if you can only do it for fifteen minutes during lunch break plus about the same time on commute or whatever. If you don't, then nothing people say can change that.

There's also another side to the community goals. It's called a community goal for a reason. So other people, other parts of the community, have contributed to it. Some contribute a lot, some a bit less, according to the time available to them, day in day out. And then there are those who drag their feet or outright refuse to take part when the community goal gets tough. As corny as this may sound, the community goal means we're in this together. Either pull your weight to the best of your ability, or don't rock the boat by branding other people nolifer or other inaccurate, presumptuous label.

But OK, Arlor is a free country and noone can or should push anyone to do anything they don't want to do. So you don't think this expansion is for you. There are other ways this game can be enjoyed, there are other things to farm, other maps to run. You can pvp, you can merch, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't easily jump to the conclusion that everyone shares your opinion about this expansion, the goals or the rank syatem.
    Well said
    Look at last sentence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    So we need 300 tokens, requirements to just open the new stuff like dailies and community goals then on top of all that ranks .....this is just too much for the casual player who has a job and a social life please look into this at least remove the proofs and badges and just go by rank as we already need hundreds of tokens to buy anything worth buying but to open the next set of floors after this one will take 600 coins that's 600 runs of gy or like 350 runs of maus just to go to another floor ....it's grown boring and tedious to me please do something
    It's not too hard, Just put some effort... Do like 1-2k pts daily and You alrdy Have like +-40 tokens a day... When u became higher tiers, dailies will also give u tokens and pts.. Altho Mausoleum 1 gives 1token a Boss, Mausoleum 2 gives 2tokens a Boss, Mausoleum 3 gives 3 tokens a Boss and Mausoleum 4 gives 5 tokens a Boss.. nothing wrong with That IMO Right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

The only thing I wanted was to share Aps between my characters. I like to play with rogue and mage. But having to unlock the areas with the two is an exhausting job. Every time I unlock a rank, the next one will be twice as big. Anyway, I wanted the places I unlocked in the mausoleum with my mage to be available to my rogue as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post

Just wanna point out that "consistency" = how often your playing and endurance= how long your playing for at a time. So saying those two things are more important than "sheer hours spent" is pretty contradictory because they are essentialy 1 and the same. The casual player isnt going to make squat and also gonna have a hard time progressing running 15-30m a day and that's an issue to alot of folks.
    I understand the whole damned if you do damned if you don't mindset sts probably has on issues like this but the reality is a ton of players have already given up on the expansion and that is a bummer to say the least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxalivexx View Post
    1400? Such an accomplishment! xD

Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 210
Size:  100.1 KB

Before people say 'Hail you are just lazy', consider the following:

1. Yes, I am lazy
    2. I started the expansion late due to a holiday, and after seeing the amount of work people had to put in (+ how far behind I was), it completely turned off my motivation
    3. Needing to run a map countless time to unlock the next map is utterly ridiculous... not for me sorry, what happens if I decide to swap toons? Will I have to run all them maps again just for the aps..
    4. My play time per day is roughly 20 minutes, other than that I won't log on at all per day
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    The only thing I wanted was to share Aps between my characters. I like to play with rogue and mage. But having to unlock the areas with the two is an exhausting job. Every time I unlock a rank, the next one will be twice as big. Anyway, I wanted the places I unlocked in the mausoleum with my mage to be available to my rogue as well.
    yes please! , we have same concern here!

probably we'll see tokens and points kits in plat? since this is a freemium game, where f2p players are expected to have work-like consistency to catch up. just like how plat-based order jewel conversion is so efficient, compared to farmable order jewel recipe (farmable cracked order jewel need 3 cracked jewel, while plat-based recipe only need 1 jewel of the same tier)

i hope the kits will be tradeable though.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sts is running a business and having many customers are better for both them and for us. The more money made means more updates, creative ideas and events. Telling others in the community to quit or that their concerns or opinions are somehow invalid is really unproductive and works against us all as a community. Developers often ask for comments and feedback which is necessary for them to know which direction to steer the game.
    If some believes the expansion is tedious, repetitive and has unrealistic targets for the average player let them express this point of view without being labelled as lazy. If others think this expansion is innovative, rewarding and they enjoy the grind, this is also okay. Sts will have the data on how many players run these maps, how many have achieved each of the various ranks and how many may have become inactive due to loss of interest.
    However for them to make sensible decisions or changes in the future all feedback is necessary. Then with the data available to them they can analyze the needs and expectations of the community.
    Many players may not have forum accounts or maybe not feel brave enough to share their thoughts here, so we don't know what percentages favour or dislike the way things are at the moment. About 20 to 30 persons perspective of this topic here, in no way represents the whole of Arlor. So even though we may feel very passionate about certain aspects of this game, there is no need to insult someone else who doesn't share the exact same view.
    Last edited by Amoonguss; 11-30-2016 at 01:25 PM.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amoonguss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wimpywizard View Post
    Just wanna point out that "consistency" = how often your playing and endurance= how long your playing for at a time. So saying those two things are more important than "sheer hours spent" is pretty contradictory because they are essentialy 1 and the same. The casual player isnt going to make squat and also gonna have a hard time progressing running 15-30m a day and that's an issue to alot of folks.
    I understand the whole damned if you do damned if you don't mindset sts probably has on issues like this but the reality is a ton of players have already given up on the expansion and that is a bummer to say the least.
    Consistency in my book is making that 15 minutes a daily commitment, not an on and off thing. Endurance is more than the physical aspect of this commitment, but the mental durability as well, to make progress however small, however tedious the process, however boring, and not giving up.

And there are many types of casual playing. If your idea of casual playing is log on for 10 minutes to check CS and chat with guildies then log off, yes you will, as you put it, make squat. There are also peiple whose idea of casual playing is to pick up the game while standing in line at the bank or wherever and do one run. The points still add up. It's a matter of choice.