Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Default I think it is too much work to unlock expansion tiers

So we need 300 tokens, requirements to just open the new stuff like dailies and community goals then on top of all that ranks .....this is just too much for the casual player who has a job and a social life please look into this at least remove the proofs and badges and just go by rank as we already need hundreds of tokens to buy anything worth buying but to open the next set of floors after this one will take 600 coins that's 600 runs of gy or like 350 runs of maus just to go to another floor ....it's grown boring and tedious to me please do something
    Last edited by Justg; 11-29-2016 at 12:01 PM. Reason: more accurate title

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Plqgue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I'm sitting at a whopping 1500 points, along with my stockpile of 20 coins so far in this expansion. I am a casual player and do not wish to spend all of my free time, which is maybe ~30 mins a day, running a map that lets me get to another map after everything is worthless. Kudos to the extreme gamers who have already "completed" the expansion, but that might be .2% of the community.

I dont think this is the best way to go about an expansion, especially being a game for mobile devices, but hey - you live and learn. Hopefully the team will receive the feedback they are getting with an open mind, and tweak it for the future.
    Last edited by blazerdd; 11-28-2016 at 04:30 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blazerdd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

The 5,000 purchasable points for 100 tokens at lightbearer rank was a good way to help casual players out without totally undermining hardcore player work, but now it requires elite lightbearer rank so its meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

same i hate this expansion, literally we need a daily for 1,000 rank points. And more dailies for more coins. All I want is the mythic bow but idek if its worth all this grinding.

Also I'm not asking for StS to be "giving us tiers" or whatever. It should just be easier bc imo all this grinding is wack a f.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    The 5,000 purchasable points for 100 tokens at lightbearer rank was a good way to help casual players out without totally undermining hardcore player work, but now it requires elite lightbearer rank so its meh.
    From what I've heard, isnt it only stashable? Not tradeable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Yea I agree. Im sitting just under 50k points and pretty much done for now. Imo this became very tedious very quickly with little to no reward without acquiring thousands of tokens which really cant be used for the new mythics until the next stage anyways.. The occasional pink drops and slim chance at symia isnt enough to keep my spark lit. I also think that having identical maps regardless of the alternating hallways and paths doesn't help much either. Visually it just feels like im playing the same map over and ovEr and over, be it graveyard or mauseleum the scerenry has gotten old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I actually like this expansion, no hate. Ok except those darn curse mages.

Oh and....MY FINGERS!!!! THE PAIN, THE PAIN!

STS, I blame you for cripple-itus on my fingers. I can't even pick my nose without poking my eye out nowadays!
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

There is nothing wrong with taking your time through this expansion. Sometimes in our current world of immediate gratification, we forget that there can be value in long term goals. This expansion is designed to be a marathon and not a sprint, and while we totally don't expect to please everyone we do feel it works best for the game.

Feedback is always welcome, as this content was actually created in response to overwhelming feedback saying that things are too easy to unlock and that they are bored with the expansion within a week. It's a little give and take, and by no means do we expect to hit the nail on the head when we try new ideas. There are certainly adjustments we will make moving into future expansions that we have learned from this one.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thank you all for all the wonderful feedback no lets hope we'll get some action from da devs.

Those token kits r to fast track alts not the casual players as they r non tradable. I have received many complaints from various players on how tedious n boring this expansion is.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    There is nothing wrong with taking your time through this expansion. Sometimes in our current world of immediate gratification, we forget that there can be value in long term goals. This expansion is designed to be a marathon and not a sprint, and while we totally don't expect to please everyone we do feel it works best for the game.

Feedback is always welcome, as this content was actually created in response to overwhelming feedback saying that things are too easy to unlock and that they are bored with the expansion within a week. It's a little give and take, and by no means do we expect to hit the nail on the head when we try new ideas. There are certainly adjustments we will make moving into future expansions that we have learned from this one.
    Sporadic mini events related to expansion where we can accumulate additional points/tokens and have the ability to spend such on shiny shiny (ankhs, vanities, pets etc..). That would make an expansion like this 10/10.
    Last edited by Terminhater; 11-28-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminhater For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

The key is to run with the community goal, rather than racing to elite lightbearer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Mini events for more points sounds great. Esoecially since the winter event is right around the corner, no ones gonna be playing twilight for all of december.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Idk i quess we dont need more expansions. What does worth to lvl up even to lvl 100? .. i guess cool events would be much better and just bring more items and vanitys. This Long boring Rank system we all hate it. There is no one wwho like it am pretty sure. Those 5k points were cool when we could buy them at lightbearer rankm its changed now to elite one cus some selfish guys who have elite lightbearer already. There is a much better players than them. It dosnt mean they are better if they had more time this month to hit elite... there is thousands other players. Not even 700 ppl hit lightbearer rank yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This statement could not be more true and this expansion shows that feedback is taken into consideration. I still think the way things were laid out is a great idea, but the numbers were out of reach.

Before any of you pass judgement on the devs make sure you go back and read all the comments of those who complained, capped in 6-8 hours, constantly ask for a quest line from other titles (starlegends, etc, etc), or rush to finish an event/ quest and start making "I'm bored threads".

Mobile games are meant to be pickup and play games, but on the other hand the comments and complaints have attempted to push this into a full out Diablo/ wow/ etc experience. If you're going to chastise the devs, do the same to your fellow players.

I'll keep saying it until it gets through, be careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Can they pull from JRPG MMOs next and introduce advanced classes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Long term goals and 300+ runs just to get to the third floor of a map are two different things especially for those of us that have a life and can't be on all day long .this expansion replaced mine slavery with graveyard slavery and it's just too much you're telling me I have to do thousands of runs just to unlock the last part of the expansion then on top of those thousands of runs I have to do a few thousand more to get my mythic weapon and upgrade it then do a few more thousand runs to get any gear actually worth something from token vendor and upgrade that....your view of "long term goals" is ridiculous asf ....this is just too much work for a pickup and play and still have a social life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Long term goals and 300+ runs just to get to the third floor of a map are two different things especially for those of us that have a life and can't be on all day long .this expansion replaced mine slavery with graveyard slavery and it's just too much you're telling me I have to do thousands of runs just to unlock the last part of the expansion then on top of those thousands of runs I have to do a few thousand more to get my mythic weapon and upgrade it then do a few more thousand runs to get any gear actually worth something from token vendor and upgrade that....your view of "long term goals" is ridiculous asf ....this is just too much work for a pickup and play and still have a social life.
    It takes approximately 2000 graveyard runs to achieve the elite lightbearer rank. Which is why I believe a double points week would help those casual players (such as you and me) who have school/work life taking up their time.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    It takes approximately 2000 graveyard runs to achieve the elite lightbearer rank. Which is why I believe a double points week would help those casual players (such as you and me) who have school/work life taking up their time.
    Yeah the on top of that we need a few thousand for all the proofs and badges then weapons it's just ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I don't mind the grind but at least graveyard mobs should be at least a little easier to kill cause getting one shot over and over it's the worst humiliation that a player can suffer. i dont mind the samage output of bosses but mobs should be a little easier keep in mind to every class is a rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  8.2 KB

I hope that pic clarifies what I think about this expansion. I am always telling its no fun running same map over and over and over again.