Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay It Forward Guild - A Side Project.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenniebeans View Post
    First of all I would like to give kudos to Ebalere for starting this, it's a phenomenal idea. Secondly, I would like to say that I was on the Blackstar with Helpdesk and Emergency today while they were fielding questions and offering advice. They have the patience of saints! Good job and good luck to ALL of you that have signed up to do this!!
    Stalker lol jk

People were looking at us like STS officials. O_o

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenniebeans:432753
    First of all I would like to give kudos to Ebalere for starting this, it's a phenomenal idea. Secondly, I would like to say that I was on the Blackstar with Helpdesk and Emergency today while they were fielding questions and offering advice. They have the patience of saints! Good job and good luck to ALL of you that have signed up to do this!!
    Thank you for your kind words! It was nice chatting briefly with on B*. And I was very glad when Emergency jumped in to start answering questions. It was getting hard to keep up, which means there definitely was a need for this!

I don't think he chimed in again yet, but BodMaster has renamed Uberadvisor to Bodhelps and was on B* tonite, too! And yes, it really is BodMaster, in case anyone was wondering... Emergency, BodHelps, and Helpdesk even got in an impromptu guild gathering and one level of an xp run before the password-lock bug (reported) shut them down!

I'm sure you are all wondering how our little friend Helpdesk is doing, especially after his first nervous day. Well, he's doing fine, and was able to spend quite a bit of time answering questions (with help from Emergency and Bodhelps!) on B* for his second day. Don't worry, he's not nervous any more!

@ Draco: You are absolutely right. We were just about mistook for devs! One player even asked if I was the creator of the game! I'm not... Really. Guess I shouldn't wear my antennae!

The seas are still rough, however. One example from today: After I had asked a couple times if anyone had questions (not spamming, mind you), one player commented that for me, a level 5 character, to be asking others if THEY had questions was a bit strange. I explained that while Helpdesk was new, I had three other level 27+ characters and had been playing since limited beta. The player responded that I must not have much of a life! I said that was just mean and ended the conversation. We're likely going to keep getting this until our name precedes us. Now, that was only one example. There were far more positive examples than negative.

One thing surprised me a bit; the level of recognition the guild is already getting even without the banner of the guild icon and label. I was recognised by more than a couple fairly big names (including two Star Guards), some of which already knew about Helpdesk from the forums!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get the guild up and running. If needed, I could pick up a charter, start up the guild, and hand over the reins as soon as you're ready! Laters!

EDIT: Almost forgot! We got our first guild donation. An anonymous member (unless they tell me they want the recognition) of the Sparkling Pwnies generously donated __________ to Helpdesk this afternoon! Thanks, bronies!

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:49): Removed specific reference to donation.
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-09-2011 at 03:50 AM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cappinkiosk lmao!!! I"m down!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CappinClutch View Post
    Cappinkiosk lmao!!! I"m down!
    Lmao love it buddy!

Well started off my day as BodHelps (full battery) went into the unknown which is B* (BlackStar) and had the same kind of responses as HelpDesk. Started of by asking if 'Anyone have SL questions please feel free to ask " got asked straight of the bat where do I buy weapons (a few of these though they were in guilds :/) I directed them to the Auction Terminal explaining the best methods to use the filter system and gear for their level. Had other questions such as 'What is this BBQ thing?' 'What does level mean on friends list?' (they had a message popping up saying they needed to level up to join friends) Are you a Dev?' 'Are you the Creator of the game?' (Responded with nope just a helpful experienced player) 'Auto Leveling' 'How do I get a shield? (Explained 26 Special, 28 Limited and 30 Modified) even Q's like 'Why wont my free Plat or TapJoy work?' (Explained what I knew about the subject also advising to go to support website and there are explanations and methods to help there also) and many many more! Everybody I helped said thank you and couldn't believe I just come on to help people.

One funny thing that stood out was the players asking the questions were a range from lvl 5-27. Which is quite interesting and after advising them that I was just a level 30 player they were quite surprised by my knowledge of tge game.

After a long few hours, said 'Bod out.. hope my advise helped, will catch you guys later' straight after the people that I helped were coming up to me PMn me with thanks and sending F/R also in main chat saying thanks for help felt like my morining was quite productive (Until then my Battery died! Lol)

One bad incident in which a Born to Kill Officer (meaning they could send me a guild request and because I declined I got this responce) told me 'F*** you' which I reported (Jaasisor) or something like that.

Overall though had a great deal of fun!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Lmao love it buddy!

Well started off my day as BodHelps (full battery) went into the unknown which is B* (BlackStar) and had the same kind of responses as HelpDesk. Started of by asking if 'Anyone have SL questions please feel free to ask " got asked straight of the bat where do I buy weapons (a few of these though they were in guilds :/) I directed them to the Auction Terminal explaining the best methods to use the filter system and gear for their level. Had other questions such as 'What is this BBQ thing?' 'What does level mean on friends list?' (they had a message popping up saying they needed to level up to join friends) Are you a Dev?' 'Are you the Creator of the game?' (Responded with nope just a helpful experienced player) 'Auto Leveling' 'How do I get a shield? (Explained 26 Special, 28 Limited and 30 Modified) even Q's like 'Why wont my free Plat or TapJoy work?' (Explained what I knew about the subject also advising to go to support website and there are explanations and methods to help there also) and many many more! Everybody I helped said thank you and couldn't believe I just come on to help people.

One funny thing that stood out was the players asking the questions were a range from lvl 5-27. Which is quite interesting and after advising them that I was just a level 30 player they were quite surprised by my knowledge of tge game.

After a long few hours, said 'Bod out.. hope my advise helped, will catch you guys later' straight after the people that I helped were coming up to me PMn me with thanks and sending F/R also in main chat saying thanks for help felt like my morining was quite productive (Until then my Battery died! Lol)

One bad incident in which a Born to Kill Officer (meaning they could send me a guild request and because I declined I got this responce) told me 'F*** you' which I reported (Jaasisor) or something like that.

Overall though had a great deal of fun!

Nice to hear you helped new comers, they really need help to keep thier interest in the game and showing them that they are not laging behind from the game, coz thats the reason i dont play PL much.

I'll be up for it too as soon as possible

Cheers

Defyduck lvl31 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I would very much like to join this "guild" with an alt engineer I have created named Helpinya. My main is currently a level 28 engineer named Sassinya, also proud officer of Dead Shot Mafia. I'm an android beta member who was shown the ropes by beta beta players and I would very much like to give back. Cappinclutch/Cappinkiosk knows me best and can tell you I am honest, trustworthy and play my class well. Thank you for your time and consideration. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Last edited by Sassinya; 10-01-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    -- Act and you will have dinner, do nothing and you will BE dinner - Gowron, Klingon High Council--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

A few new things to report:

1) We have received our second donation! An anonymous member of Neon Genesis (again, unless they tell me they wish to receive credit for their donation) has graciously provided __________.

2) I have heard from a friend that someone with an in-game name like Guideline (can't recall clearly, so not 100% sure, but does seem help-inspired) was asking players if they had questions. My friend asked if this person was a part of PIF. Can anyone confirm if this person a member? Not that it matters, the help should be coming from more than just us!

3) Helpdesk received a friend request from Bitsohelp tonight! The two of them then met up on B* for a brief "hello" and hand-shaking session. Welcome GigaBits, and your new helpful Engie, Bitsohelp! Our numbers are growing. Let's try to rally the troops under the new guild banner at the next opportunity!

That's all for now. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again; I'm really happy and excited to be a part of this guild and the effort. I can already feel the changes for the better!

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:52): Removed specific reference to donation.
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-09-2011 at 03:52 AM.

SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hello,Thequickone,the person GUIDELINE is my alt currently at lvl7(will lvlup soon).While leveling my other alts when need a break i switch to the guide coz i love to share experiences.On my first round it was not that succesfull but on the second round some other people also started helping.Its great now few people have started recognising the PIF service.Though i wanted to not to reveal my main IGN.

Cheers

Defyduck lvl 31 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Awesome job Defy! And Giga! And also of course Quick

Guild/Help is building up and we are creating a nice little foundation for PiF, when I catch Eb online or his official guild see how we are going to progress and get the ball rolling with the Guild name so that it will become well known throughout SL. (Believe he maybe a little busy atm irl but will ask about)

Great job guys! Keep up good work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Defyduck:434721
    Hello,Thequickone,the person GUIDELINE is my alt currently at lvl7(will lvlup soon).While leveling my other alts when need a break i switch to the guide coz i love to share experiences.On my first round it was not that succesfull but on the second round some other people also started helping.Its great now few people have started recognising the PIF service.Though i wanted to not to reveal my main IGN.

Cheers

Defyduck lvl 31 Engineer
    Welcome, Guideline! As you can see, news of your arrival spread like wildfire! Glad to have you on board.

I think we've all had at least one "not that successful" experience. I'm pretty sure people just don't believe someone has logged on to offer assistance rather than going off adventuring for themselves.

And as far as "wanted not to reveal my main IGN", please! Your arrival on the scene was prophesied ages ago, angels singing, trumpets blaring, and all that stuff... No, in all seriousness, probably not many know that Information, Emergency, or Helpdesk are really seasoned veterans with high-level mains! BodHelps, on the other hand... yeah, that code's not exactly hard to crack. Well, he confused at least one player! Even if not many know now, the secret will be out once PiF takes off. Besides, anyone who reads the forums already knows who we are!
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-03-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Been following this thread since it's inception, and hoping it took off like intended. Looks like things are getting off the ground nicely!

I ran into "Helpdesk" in one of the B*'s yesterday and had a chat with him for a while. Very professional, and quite nice to shoot the breeze with for a few.

I'm working on levelling my main up to 31 right now, but once I do that, I'll probably be spinning my wheels a bit, so I may jump in the mix and help out for a while too.

I like the whole idea behind this group, and I've already been doing similar things on my own for a while now. Nice to see it becoming a group effort!

Keep up the good work!
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thequickone View Post
    BodHelps, on the other hand... yeah, that code's not exactly hard to crack. Well, he confused at least one player!
    Two known players Woop.. Defy and Elly

R.I.P. UberAdvisor... hello BodHelps! popped on earlier this morning tho got interrupted by them people im employed by.. grrr.. the cheek

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default i did it but then...

I pay it forward to a guy.... a 9 year old... now he begs me 24/7 cuz I payd it foward to him. CAUTION- pay it foward to a person can make them be your begger.
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentNebulaCore View Post
    I pay it forward to a guy.... a 9 year old... now he begs me 24/7 cuz I payd it foward to him. CAUTION- pay it foward to a person can make them be your begger.
    In some cases I agree fully.. tho.. feel it comes with the territory esp if they find out you have x amount of alts etc (had a few more than felt comfortable with.. but unfortunately its inevitable).

Though thanks for the heads up buddy its a good point Think the way Eb has worded the main post is great and says exactly what and what we aren't prepared to do as a guild.

(Personal opinions and giveaways are held down to that individuals main though)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It is the nature of any charity or npo to draw attention from people who are simply lazy or wish for a handout. The vast majority of people will not be like this and age(read:maturity) must be taken into account. As both more experienced and in some cases older(read: more mature) gamers we are responsible for showing these little gamer tykes the ropes. We cannot know if their parents are teaching them proper mmo etiquette and many of us had to learn along the way, as well.

It's a hard lesson to learn and to teach, as any parent knows, and does sometimes require you to say no and in some small cases being forceful.

I would recommend a warning to any beggers and an explanation of the meaning of "pay it foward". And, if needed, removal from a friends list, or ignoring. This should be the last step, of course, and never come without a warning and in-depth explanation of why the action is rude/incorrect.

And before anyone says anything about parental responsibility: I am not saying we are supposed to teach them good manners or act as surrogate parents, just that we should help them to understand morality as it exists in the virtual world. Children have a hard time understanding that line between fake and real and will make mistakes about what is and is not okay within the virtual world. That's my 2c worth anyway.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GigaBits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Can't believe I'm just seeing this now! Eba u should have mentioned something to me sooner! I'm a passionate engi, so if still want more, count me in. Eyesupport has been made. Find me whenever you're free.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hi, everyone! I want to acknowledge a few more donations:
    1. A friend and member of Serenity guild (such a cool name!) donated ________. This will help a lot once we all reach our guild level cap!
    2. One of our own has generously donated ________ to the cause!
    3. I believe CappinKiosk was given ________, too! Not sure what or by whom, but every little bit helps!

Thank you all for your support! As always, I will avoid specific reference to the donating party, unless they tell me they wish to have that information disclosed.

Helpdesk is currently carrying ________ (two previously mentioned donations of ________ and a bit more from auction/liquidation of selected higher-than-level-15 items), as well as many donated/looted ________. I have purchased up to the maximum (500) inventory slots for him, so he's ready to haul all the stuff we'll either need ourselves or be giving away to deserving players-in-need.

I also want to say a general "thank you" to all those that have offered kind words of support, encouragement, and thanks for PIF members' effort when they see them on B*. It really means a lot to me to hear such sentiment, and makes me want to help even more.

One order of guild business: I want to gather the PIF troops under our guild banner. There are quite a few that have been active with the PIF effort, both here and in-game (most notably CappinKiosk and BodHelps, thanks guys!), whose place in the guild should be made official. Hey, Helpdesk is feeling a bit lonely in the guild hall, lately.

@Ebalere: I have an idea that should be saved for PM that I would like to run by you. Shoot me a PM here or in-game, unless I find the time first!

OK, that was longer-winded than expected... Helpdesk out!

EDIT (2011-10-09, 01:58): Removed specific references to donations/Credits.
    Last edited by thequickone; 10-09-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, when you spend so much time in B*, real life tends to pile up behind ya haha! I'll be in game later to get everything organized, and we can set up the new event I'm planning.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on much lately, when you spend so much time in B*, real life tends to pile up behind ya haha! I'll be in game later to get everything organized, and we can set up the new event I'm planning.
    No probs buddy! Life always comes first will be good to have a chat about PiF and becoming a full fledged member of such a great cause

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default how we roll

I hope our in game behavior is as contageous as an airborne pathogen cuz more people need to catch the selfless bug for real.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=49319&dateline=131232  4660
    Cappinkiosk <Pay It Forward>
    -Dead Shot Mafia- Guild Master