Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sts pls give all lvls new stronger gear next event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Sts pls give all lvls new stronger gear next event

Since the winter event that gave us icescale every events gear has been way worse than previous gear. Except epidemic everything has been worse. So hopefully the next couple events bring new better gear.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

while we do understand the desire to have easier to obtain seasonal gear compared to normal content, the problem is that any quick explosion of overpowered gear devalues the gear that is intended to be farmed or acquired over a period of time.

This holds even more true now in the current expansion because there are lightbearer ranks and gear yet to be made available! There will be some attractive pieces, but overall in order to maintain the current power curve and not cheapen options that players have been working towards for the last few months this is not likely to happen in the scale you would like to see. If we released legendary gear that was better than what can be found in Mausoleum for example, then all of the farmers' hard work will be for naught and nothing will have any value.

For consistency we try to keep this uniform for all levels.

To go even further, this kind of advancement of gear created the obscene power curve that took us over a year to rectify.

Hope this helps explain our philosophy on why we don't expect to blow stats out of the water in future event content as you are hoping for.
    Last edited by Carapace; 12-06-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Twilight expansion gear is borderline OP why put better gear in winter locks. I like having to work for my gear not popping locks. I am also a avid platinum buyer/lock opener.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

definitely need shared pet stable... impossible to catch up leveling all those pets...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Understandable i was leaning more towards lower lvl and twink lvl gear than endgame. Weve been pretty much usuing the same gear 2-3 years now. If you intend to keep the balance wouldnt it be a good idea to make gear that has the same stats as the best current gear instead of releasing worse, then everyone would be more evenly matched. Low lvls are all but dead and i think a big part of that is because of the lack of new things gear etc etc. Something like a set rarity would be cool to work for, for all lvls

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    Understandable i was leaning more towards lower lvl and twink lvl gear than endgame. Weve been pretty much usuing the same gear 2-3 years now. If you intend to keep the balance wouldnt it be a good idea to make gear that has the same stats as the best current gear instead of releasing worse, then everyone would be more evenly matched. Low lvls are all but dead and i think a big part of that is because of the lack of new things gear etc etc. Something like a set rarity would be cool to work for, for all lvls
    The twink component sepcifically may get a look sometime in the future, as we do realise there is a community that particpates in it and the gear is fairly old. We did mix it up with the Arcane Weapons for level 16 fairly recently, however larger scale changes in that bracket would require deeper thought because there will be ripples in the water with such a change or addition to any specific level.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    The problem is when they releasing twink armor/whatever, it will impact the endgame as well. The Dusk gear will be devalued and etc etc.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    The problem is when they releasing twink armor/whatever, it will impact the endgame as well. The Dusk gear will be devalued and etc etc.
    Not seeing the reasoning behind this. Mind explaining? Do you mean because more people will switch back to twink levels, resulting in more people selling gear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    Not seeing the reasoning behind this. Mind explaining? Do you mean because more people will switch back to twink levels, resulting in more people selling gear?
    No, there is some gears that farmable in newest map, and the value of that gears is good. If STS releasing new OP gear at winter event, the gears that drop from new map will be devalued, because the (OP) Gear from winter event not just drop for twink level but endgame as well.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

There are so many ways to work in better stats:

1. Housing buffs
    2. Superb and higher jewels
    3. Awakening options if lucky
    4. Weapon, helms, armor, belts, rings, and amulets
    5. Pets
    6. Elixirs
    7. Effigies

Edit:
    8. Skills
    9. Passive abilities
    10. Mastery

I'm sure I'm missing something...

I'm not sure what the problem is? There are so many things to consider that it's amazing that anyone would be worried about new weapons at this time.

I'm not trying to be a hater but it's really hard to be undergeared right now. I think anyone could make a decent end game character for about 100k right now and then work on the bells and whistles.
    Last edited by Ucamaeben; 12-06-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

No, there is some gears that farmable in newest map, and the value of that gears is good. If STS releasing new OP gear at winter event, the gears that drop from new map will be devalued, because the (OP) Gear from winter event not just drop for twink level but endgame as well.
    One solution to that might be that whatever new twink armor that is made could only go up to a certain level.
    So, being that they can see activity by level, they could figgure out a cut off point. Say they see several twink brackets and it drops off at 46, then any new icescale type armor goes no higher in level.
    46 was just a random number for illustration but you get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    There are so many ways to work in better stats:

1. Housing buffs
    2. Superb and higher jewels
    3. Awakening options if lucky
    4. Weapon, helms, armor, belts, rings, and amulets
    5. Pets
    6. Elixirs
    7. Effigies

Edit:
    8. Skills
    9. Passive abilities
    10. Mastery

I'm sure I'm missing something...

I'm not sure what the problem is? There are so many things to consider that it's amazing that anyone would be worried about new weapons at this time.

I'm not trying to be a hater but it's really hard to be undergeared right now. I think anyone could make a decent end game character for about 100k right now and then work on the bells and whistles.
    Yup, all of that very necessary to improving your character especially at twink level.

- Full House Buff
    - MM Happiness Bonus
    - Decent Pet AA
    - Decent Awakened weapon

Twink is more pricey
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    One solution to that might be that whatever new twink armor that is made could only go up to a certain level.
    So, being that they can see activity by level, they could figgure out a cut off point. Say they see several twink brackets and it drops off at 46, then any new icescale type armor goes no higher in level.
    Yeah, something that confusing me is the power curve between level 56 to level 57, how do they going to scale event gear at that level. Latest halloween event I can't defeat paracelsus alone when I level 56 but that easy to do at level 57. The armor and damage boost too insane at 57+.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

So every major event since arlorian twilight expansion will be vanities only?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yup, all of that very necessary to improving your character especially at twink level.

- Full House Buff
    - MM Happiness Bonus
    - Decent Pet AA
    - Decent Awakened weapon

Twink is more pricey
    I have a maxed set with tav and keys and op awake. its about being stuck with the same old gear my set is almost 3 years old and plenty of new stuff has come out and its all been worse. Endgames progression is messing with low lvl progression we pretty much hit a wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Something like this is a very good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

How about a Dragon scales pet collar that gives a random bonus to our character and includes an awakening type slot that works in the same way as weapons but with less power??? Crazy idea, yeah maybe, I am certainly known for them!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    How about a Dragon scales pet collar that gives a random bonus to our character and includes an awakening type slot that works in the same way as weapons but with less power??? Crazy idea, yeah maybe, I am certainly known for them!!
    Lol, twink will be immortal dude.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Lol, twink will be immortal dude.
    Actually this would be the only thing that makes twinks immortal
    Pray they never get a hold of one of these in game.

Name:  S1e20_Secrets...-512x288.png
Views: 162
Size:  162.5 KB