Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Endgame Dodge is truely out of hand & should be fixed!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Thumbs down Endgame Dodge is truely out of hand & should be fixed!!

First off, let's take a look at this clips -

Dodge has it's purpose on PL but dodging more than half of the hits can't be justified in a skill based PvP system. When most of the skills get dodged, then it's not possible to guess that which skill is going to hit successfully and which one get dodged and do no damage at all, in this situation it's mostly luck based system rather than skill based. We have dodge debuff too, but dodge debuff it self can get dodged. Let's say someone dodge 30% of the hits, then there's scope of 70% skill and 30 % luck based (not totally as if the dodge debuff get successful hit, then there will be less dodge, but for general purpose) SO IT'S MOSTLY SKILL BASED. But now someone dodge 70% of the hits, then it get opposite and that would be called MOSTLY LUCK BASED because approx. 70% cases it's going to get dodged. So it's clear now that adding some more dodge is not like anything like adding more armor because that can be scaled with opponent's damage even if not scaled, it still can do some damage which will add up, but adding more dodge SIMPLY CAN CONVERT A SKILL BASED PvP game into one luck based [I'm calling it "Luck" in general, there are many factors included, which would only make it complicated, I'm trying to keep it simple]

Which Now first, take a look at the L71 best item [helm for reference]

Name:  71-str.png
Views: 321
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  71-int.png
Views: 317
Size:  19.6 KB

Name:  71-dex.png
Views: 325
Size:  19.6 KB

I took L71 helm as reference just because I found it easily on CS, but the pattern is same for 51, 55, 56, etc etc infect mostly.

Name:  80-str .png
Views: 318
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  80-int .png
Views: 322
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  80-dex .png
Views: 314
Size:  23.7 KB

Now if we compare both, we can easily find that how dodge has been added on wrong places on the int & dex too, It may seems that, what's wrong to give same stat to all the sets (Int-Dex-Str) but if back then it was comparably way much balanced then, it's clear it can't be the case now because it was balanced like that. Exactly that happened along with the fact that dodge itself made the game worse, as described early in this thread. Alternatively saying, mages didn't have such dodge because mages has other huge advantages eg. high heal, High dmg, Mana Shield etc. The fact is mages don't have any disadvantage now. As a result 90% of the endgame PvP community play with mages now.

Conclusion & solution [not in depth so that it would take much time or much deep fix]

1) Total elimination or significant dodge nerf from Endgame int & dex items but less nerf from str items [it's required for str because anyone dodge close to 100 is not justified either]

2) Adding armor a bit to those items so that it can compensate dodge and prevent few hit kill.

3) AN ALTERNATIVE way to minimize the effect of dodge is to make dodge debuff UN-dodgeable, I mean dodge debuffs can't be dodged.

4) Adding soon

-------------------------------------------

P.S. -- [Queries]

Query : Not everyone has a capped char, many are levelling to cap right now, they will find PvE dungeons much harder if dodge is changed.

To show the current difficulty level of endgame PVE (The overlord returns) I did a test ALONE with my L74 alt with L66 Angel helm, armor & L71 purple ballista WITHOUT any kinda elixor and these dungeons meant for multiple players runs together along with the fact that the daily blessing already made PvE much easier.

Last edited by Waug; 01-03-2017 at 08:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post: