Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 5k Lightbearer Order Rank Points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Default 5k Lightbearer Order Rank Points

Looking at the time it took myself to grind to Lightbearer Elite, I would like to hear others opinions on this idea:

Make the 5k points non stash-able, and players with Lightbearer Ranking (55k pts) can open and use these pts. I know many players who work long hours that could benefit from these points.

Thanks for reading

Ava
    Last edited by Avaree; 01-23-2017 at 06:50 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I think keeping them stash-able would be good for players with alts, they have done the work with one toon who really wants to do that grind a second or third time? But I also agree with you on the point of making them available sooner or at least doing something with the point system because it wont be able to stay the way it is.

I say let those who have put the work in to grind to the top enjoy the benefit of it for a little while and then start to do some things to allow others to rank up a little quicker.
    Some things could be, a weekly quest that grants points, mini-event for double points, or an over all re-curve of points needed or rate awarded (like 2x forever). Also, if they change the curve, or whatever, they could change the reward or grant a special title/banner to those who did the original grind to set them apart.

I would hate to be a new player who grinds to cap to then find out to get the real end game content they must now grind a minimum of 55K points in somberholt (something that could take months), or once the next expansion comes and no one runs somberholt they will never get pt to even be able to play the content.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts on it.
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clickbangboom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    I think keeping them stash-able would be good for players with alts, they have done the work with one toon who really wants to do that grind a second or third time? But I also agree with you on the point of making them available sooner or at least doing something with the point system because it wont be able to stay the way it is.

I say let those who have put the work in to grind to the top enjoy the benefit of it for a little while and then start to do some things to allow others to rank up a little quicker.
    Some things could be, a weekly quest that grants points, mini-event for double points, or an over all re-curve of points needed or rate awarded (like 2x forever). Also, if they change the curve, or whatever, they could change the reward or grant a special title/banner to those who did the original grind to set them apart.

I would hate to be a new player who grinds to cap to then find out to get the real end game content they must now grind a minimum of 55K points in somberholt (something that could take months), or once the next expansion comes and no one runs somberholt they will never get pt to even be able to play the content.

Anyways, just some of my thoughts on it.
    I disagree. Lowering points will be slap in the face to those who ran Somberbolt maps for 110k points. Not everyone is supposed to be Elite Lightbearer just like "Not everyone is supposed to own an Arcane Egg" (Using rich people's logic for Eggsavier). Whether or not they choose to run its upto them, if they do decide to run then they'll be there eventually. This differentiates the "Hardcore" players from "Casual" and I'd and many of us would like it to stay this way. If they want the items that are purchaseable via Balance Tokens let them work for it or buy from auction.

If STS still decides to do something about it, I'd suggest a daily quest that grants 1k points by killing a certain no. of bosses.

Just letting ppl know that not everything can be done by swiping credit cards every now and then, for some stuffs they need to actually play the game.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Back; 01-23-2017 at 09:19 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I disagree. Lowering points will be slap in the face to those who ran Somberbolt maps for 110k points. Not everyone is supposed to be Elite Lightbearer just like "Not everyone is supposed to own an Arcane Egg" (Using rich people's logic for Eggsavier). Whether or not they choose to run its upto them, if they do decide to run then they'll be there eventually. This differentiates the "Hardcore" players from "Casual" and I'd and many of us would like it to stay this way. If they want the items that are purchaseable via Balance Tokens let them work for it or buy from auction.

If STS still decides to do something about it, I'd suggest a daily quest that grants 1k points by killing a certain no. of bosses.

Just letting ppl know that not everything can be done by swiping credit cards every now and then, for some stuffs they need to actually play the game.

Just my thoughts.

My thoughts on players being able to use the points at lightbearer when the community has reached lightbearer elite rank, is justifiable, not a slap in the face.

I am at 174k. I am part of the community that grinded to get here in the time I had available. It takes more than the small handful of people that ran to 200k points in the first couple of weeks to keep the world of Arlor turning.

One thing that is over looked, the community has completed its goals, so the 5k points are useless to me, and can only be used after lightbearer elite for alts. Ask yourself, are you going to grind through the quests to become the opposite Apostle you originally picked? Spend gold and or grind for ingredients? Why not allow those who are at lightbearer rank purchase those points with tokens? They still have to grind to lightbearer rank in order to use them. Besides, we still have to grind out the quest after. Its a lot more fun grinding with friends than it is in random groups.
    Avy
    12-2012

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    My thoughts on players being able to use the points at lightbearer when the community has reached lightbearer elite rank, is justifiable, not a slap in the face.

I am at 174k. I am part of the community that grinded to get here in the time I had available. It takes more than the small handful of people that ran to 200k points in the first couple of weeks to keep the world of Arlor turning.

One thing that is over looked, the community has completed its goals, so the 5k points are useless to me, and can only be used after lightbearer elite for alts. Ask yourself, are you going to grind through the quests to become the opposite Apostle you originally picked? Spend gold and or grind for ingredients? Why not allow those who are at lightbearer rank purchase those points with tokens? They still have to grind to lightbearer rank in order to use them. Besides, we still have to grind out the quest after. Its a lot more fun grinding with friends than it is in random groups.
    I wasn't even quoting that part of the suggestion in the first place. I wouldn't mind, heck I'd prefer if that 5k points kit becomes stashable to use it on alts.

However it bothers me to see people asking for point reduction kind of stuff. No is forcing them to cap, and to be honest there is nothing to gain except for the bragging rights and maybe for the damage and armor boost in Somberbolt, everything else can be purchased/farmed without reaching Elite Lightbearer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I wasn't even quoting that part of the suggestion in the first place. I wouldn't mind, heck I'd prefer if that 5k points kit becomes stashable to use it on alts.

However it bothers me to see people asking for point reduction kind of stuff. No is forcing them to cap, and to be honest there is nothing to gain except for the bragging rights and maybe for the damage and armor boost in Somberbolt, everything else can be purchased/farmed without reaching Elite Lightbearer.

I understand not wanting a points reductions, it wouldn't be my first pick either, just a thought I had (not saying it was a good one). Probably one of the better options would be what Avaree has suggested and/or adding a weekly or daily quest that grants points, this way people still have to put in work but they get a little boost for there work.

I think there are plenty of people out there that would like to grind to the top rank, and probably will, but it's just going to take them a lot longer because of real life not because they are not "Hardcore" and by the time they do somberholt will be irrelevant because the next expansion will be released unless something gets implemented.
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We intend for purchasing of points to remain as is for easy ranking of alts and not for short circuiting player progress for other players. As has been mentioned above, it would be unfair to players that invested the time ahead of everyone else when there is nothing stopping anyone from accomplishing the same goal at their own pace.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We intend for purchasing of points to remain as is for easy ranking of alts and not for short circuiting player progress for other players. As has been mentioned above, it would be unfair to players that invested the time ahead of everyone else when there is nothing stopping anyone from accomplishing the same goal at their own pace.
    Im agree with you, thanks for releasing underhul set , so i could craft glinset to coin and purchase mythic hexstaff and craft it again to cryo coin cause the proc doesnt work. So much time wasted...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Just my thoughts.

Well i wont say you are wrong but its the same situation when something new releases and ppl who cant wait pays 10m+ for it and patience ones wait and get it for 2-3m. Those ppl who reached 110k already are type of ppl who "rushes". Also its not like elite mobs/bosses aps farming. People who puts effort on this already are making money. Honestly i made like 12-13m in somberholt since the launch of expansion. So even if sts decreases its requirement to lightbearer rank, i dont care. Would be much better for me lol.

Signature credits to Bellaelda

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shackler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Thanks for your response
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quite honestly, now having hindsight, I am amazed STS didn't sell a plat only tradable elixer that doubled points when running maps.
    This whole expansion plays like one big event to me anyway so being able to buy your way to the top shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if it was made possible.
    Does anyone ever complain that the leaderboard winners should only win if they didn't use gold or plat to buy energy and only farmed energy?

And what would be the major advantage by essentially buying points with tokens or plat anyway? Being able to run Maus 5?

I use to think I would be mad if players "bought" thier way up the rankings, but that's the way the game is anyways and as a player who has bought very little plat over the years I get that if you spend the $$ or gold you should reap the benefits. I DO think you should have to put in some work though and at least get to Lightbearer status before being able to purchase points.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think it's time to be generous with points,

the fact that you needed to boost 200k mausoleum bosses instantly was the proof that you're behind schedule, low average points per player, and low activity in mausoleum. at least let people and alts enjoy fifth floor content easier, the power up from elite lightbearer/exalted can still be as optional content, idk why you can't / don't want to make access badges integrated in an account, just like what you do with trading permit. but tbh, all content should've been unlocked few months ago, before people's interest went down. now some already able to start voice order set quest, but i don't think they would be able to finish it before next new season (if there's any), just like another banished quest, which imo, too long, too tedious. it was previous season content, and first one who completed them got them in the middle-end of this season. similar design, similar failure, time to change.

we need tradeable point kits
    Last edited by extrapayah; 01-24-2017 at 02:49 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Just waiting a new expansion xD Anyways congrats Exalted players!

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

@Carapace Then remove the rank requirement to buy points and tokens. I wanted to buy and pass tokens and points from my rogue to my mage. I played with my rogue and my mage. So I invested the same time as other players who only played with one character.

Name:  Captura de tela de 2017-01-26 02:46:29-1.png
Views: 1496
Size:  727.3 KB
    Last edited by soon; 01-26-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    @Carapace Then remove the rank requirement to buy points and tokens. I wanted to buy and pass tokens and points from my rogue to my mage. I played with my rogue and my mage. So I invested the same time as other players who only played with one character.

Name:  Captura de tela de 2017-01-26 02:46:29-1.png
Views: 1496
Size:  727.3 KB
    Yes, you have spent time on both of your chars. Have you invested the same time as other players who played with one char? Nope, not even close. Most of them have over 150k points, and some even have 200k+ points. Can u justify how will it be fair for those people who worked hard for 3-4months? Instead of complaining in forums or asking for some sort of point reduction/requirements reduction, use your extra time to farm a few points, 2-3k points per day is fine. If you are too busy to spend at least an hour or 2 on AL then you shouldn't be expecting things handed to you in a silver plate.

Work for it and you'll be Lightbearer in no time and you could buy those mythics without any problems then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

It's business you guys are forgetting this isn't your game. Of course sts will allow Ppl to buy rank points. You really think STS are willing to risk losing customers over few whiners? Yea you worked hard probably even got little fat and bad skin too, sitting on your butt day after day grinding. You should know by now most mobile games are pay to win. It's always been that way. Since you play so much try WoW or Order and Choas, you can play those games 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    It's business you guys are forgetting this isn't your game. Of course sts will allow Ppl to buy rank points. You really think STS are willing to risk losing customers over few whiners? Yea you worked hard probably even got little fat and bad skin too, sitting on your butt day after day grinding. You should know by now most mobile games are pay to win. It's always been that way. Since you play so much try WoW or Order and Choas, you can play those games 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see more people whinning over how hard it's to reach exalted. Maybe they will allow buying points but not because they are afraid of losing customers but because some people rather like to whine on forums about how hard the game is rather than playing it.

Besides, Carapace already confirmed that they are not doing it.

and for those people who are threatening to quit, see the 3rd point in ss.

Last edited by Back; 01-26-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

A rather negative post on the vibe of constructive criticism, directed towards STS.

I have to say that, being able to loot the 'absurd drop rate' banished amulet into the next expansion was ridiculous.

You guys even had to nerf the drop rate for people to eventually loot it. Looting things like this totally puts me off. It's why I never went for antignome set > banished set, and it's why I'm not going to farm the voice order set. Being able to have it just prior or after the next expansion is a total waste of time and effort. Farming hardcore, purchasing elixirs against a non-existent drop rate is rather futile.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Yes, you have spent time on both of your chars. Have you invested the same time as other players who played with one char? Nope, not even close. Most of them have over 150k points, and some even have 200k+ points. Can u justify how will it be fair for those people who worked hard for 3-4months? Instead of complaining in forums or asking for some sort of point reduction/requirements reduction, use your extra time to farm a few points, 2-3k points per day is fine. If you are too busy to spend at least an hour or 2 on AL then you shouldn't be expecting things handed to you in a silver plate.

Work for it and you'll be Lightbearer in no time and you could buy those mythics without any problems then.

I can not play with two characters at the same time. There are two characters in the same account. So yes adding the time of my mage with the time of my rogue, yes I spent the same.

What I was talking about buying tokens and stash. This would not affect the game. So the time I was not playing with mage could be availed by this. Notice that there are 75 to get 50. So there is a loss to balance.

Name:  Captura de tela de 2017-01-26 16:34:53-1.png
Views: 1278
Size:  107.0 KB
    Last edited by soon; 01-26-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Looking at the time it took myself to grind to Lightbearer Elite, I would like to hear others opinions on this idea:

Make the 5k points non stash-able, and players with Lightbearer Ranking (55k pts) can open and use these pts. I know many players who work long hours that could benefit from these points.

Thanks for reading

Ava
    The while point if them is to rank up your alts faster this is a no