Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Cooperative door opening and making it faster in general

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Cooperative door opening and making it faster in general

1) How about making the door opening (and general "using") a little more like damage so that two or more players could do it faster together?

1b) If not, just take off the blue screen (at least in higher up levels) to make it something like the key picking from containers. It's terrible to get the blue window that needs to be acknowledged in a flaming hurry when enemies are right there.

And to those thinking that "well, don't go opening when someone already is. It just doesn't work that way. Due to network latency (mine and others) it often appears to me as if I'm the first on to start opening with a clear margin but I still get the damn pop-up in my face.

2) How about making it simply a notch faster for more experienced players?

The wait is only seconds, but seems pointless. Especially the engineer doors in the wasted and commercial filming are both in such locations that it's ridiculous that an engineer should idle back and avoid aggro just to get to open the door and make the run fluent. ((and the 20something engineers too seldom understand that it might their job to open the doors because it's not like they'd get the aggro from a damage elixired damage optimized 31 even if their life depended on it))

3) And while I'm at it, I find it odd that there's virtually no dev/q&a/pr commentary here in these threads nor in bugs section. The old adage "the dev team cares" seems to take place from a distance a little farther than one might expect.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 10-07-2011 at 02:09 AM.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire