Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STR build mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    They are not old builds and they seem to work fine for me and many others I know. You do not need full STR build in mausoleum.
    I have ran with you in maus while I was using this build...and you said yourself that the run was great, In my opinion the STR build is the BEST build in deep maus, using proc to do damage and skills to stun(and shield), there have been times I've ran maus 5-6 with 3 other mages over and over using maus pass, all of us using this build and it was a cake walk

P.S.- this build can be done wrong if you don't use immo/flame staff/dragon(for bosses)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperSkinner For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkipperSkinner View Post
    I have ran with you in maus while I was using this build...and you said yourself that the run was great, In my opinion the STR build is the BEST build in deep maus, using proc to do damage and skills to stun(and shield), there have been times I've ran maus 5-6 with 3 other mages over and over using maus pass, all of us using this build and it was a cake walk

P.S.- this build can be done wrong if you don't use immo/flame staff/dragon(for bosses)
    Yes the run was great, I say that amongst a good pt. Also that you're a skilfull mage.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

One loose alott of bonus dmg, wich make skills pretty much do half the dmg they could do. I have played 5600 hp mage with no shield (4x dmg skills) in m6 with no problem, just use dmg redu lix, have 3 voice now, so 7400 hp. But i still use dmg reduction lix to save ankh.
    The right pet, timing of aa at witches and stay away from giants red zone is key to die less, curse from witches and hit of giants still kill me if I fail to move or use nilbog aa right, even with 7400hp 25% dmg reduction lix 3% dmg reduct from pet.
    Imo playing with mages that have full int makes less time on pulls and less death overall..

I dont judge anyone, do what you feel is smoothest for you.. but i prefere the other mage have full int. The time difference and amount of lixes spent on a map is pretty big imo..

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    One loose alott of bonus dmg, wich make skills pretty much do half the dmg they could do. I have played 5600 hp mage with no shield (4x dmg skills) in m6 with no problem, just use dmg redu lix, have 3 voice now, so 7400 hp. But i still use dmg reduction lix to save ankh.
    The right pet, timing of aa at witches and stay away from giants red zone is key to die less, curse from witches and hit of giants still kill me if I fail to move or use nilbog aa right, even with 7400hp 25% dmg reduction lix 3% dmg reduct from pet.
    Imo playing with mages that have full int makes less time on pulls and less death overall..

I dont judge anyone, do what you feel is smoothest for you.. but i prefere the other mage have full int. The time difference and amount of lixes spent on a map is pretty big imo..
    If i had set i would't use STR build

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

For Mausoleum I've been testing an STR build for about a month with voice set (STR has 13k health vs INT with 10k). I like both builds but STR runs are noticeably slower versus pure INT using either Immo or Hex staff, damage really helps clear mobs in between procs. I think if you have a good PT then pure INT has the edge, while STR might be better for random PT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Mages should stun and damage mobs and slight cc war tank and protect pt axe some wandering bosses as for rogues mob cc with drag blades and as always deal massive damage to bosses never use bows on mobs if i see pug rogues using bows on mobs ill leave immediately as using bows with mobs doesn't really help the pt at all.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"
    Last edited by nightmaresmoke; 04-19-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msustro View Post
    For Mausoleum I've been testing an STR build for about a month with voice set (STR has 13k health vs INT with 10k). I like both builds but STR runs are noticeably slower versus pure INT using either Immo or Hex staff, damage really helps clear mobs in between procs. I think if you have a good PT then pure INT has the edge, while STR might be better for random PT.
    You have full voice set though, as far as set goes go INT but without set its hard getting 10k health with STR build let alone INT, ( btw hi Msustro its me Whereat )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i am mage and tried stenghbuild, but i couldnt deal with. Used hex and immo and when wep not procced it had take long to do the maps. So iam back to intbuild. Atm i have some points on strengh cause low health in random Teams can be Bad. I use balanced wep now and set 3 item. With good Team i died not with 5,8k health and with bad Team i die still with near 8k HP. Using right pets at right time, hell a lot. for example, i ever want cry when i see pple use hisha all time in maus. for what? pinkies drop without luck, other items too. and i like hisha, but for maus its really not the best choice for run in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

It's not really a good build. Shoving all STR into your base points to get 8k hp, doesn't look right and also I ran with these type of mages and the run wasn't fun at all in mauso 6. Forever and a day whacking them mobs at m5/6 with stats belonging to a level 46 mage and hp belonging to a level 41 tank, and they still fall like paper.

I don't want to sound critical but I favour non of the above builds.
    It's a very good build for mage, proc matters, not damage =)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to runagain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I would awaken your items in a way to balance STR and INT. Just my opinion. I run a slightly balanced warrior and it seems to help all around.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

It's not really a good build. Shoving all STR into your base points to get 8k hp, doesn't look right and also I ran with these type of mages and the run wasn't fun at all in mauso 6. Forever and a day whacking them mobs at m5/6 with stats belonging to a level 46 mage and hp belonging to a level 41 tank, and they still fall like paper.

I don't want to sound critical but I favour non of the above builds.
    Maybe the mages u ran with sucked. Imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

this build is only for mages who have both flameforged staff/immortal staff for mobs and dragon staff for boss,

rogues and mages (without those staffs), will only get punished by bosses who spawn mobs,
    ofc the case will be different if there are more than one mage who has full clock mastery, in randoms, you can't expect them to always have it

imo, it's a build that is requiring a very specific team and gear, but at the same time, not trusting the team's tank/aggro holder
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!