Thread: First Impressions of Artifact

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default First Impressions of Artifact

I like the idea. It is a new piece of gear for which the grind to get the arcane level is a huge one for plat and ftp players alike (fair). And it. is. a. huge. grind. I am no stranger to grinding in rpg's but phew this one might be a little rough, however it will keep the community from burning through it in a few weeks and give everyone another "thing" to do in the game (not to mention there is no community progress bar!). There are a few things I would like to address though.

1. In the chat box I saw someone bring up that kt4 works towards the 1k mob kills and a mod replied that this is a bug and would be fixed. My question is why? What is the difference between one shotting mobs through glintstone caverns instead of kt4 besides taking 10-15 minutes longer to complete? Of course the mod may have been replying to another comment, but if not please allow kt4 mobs to count. The grind is already difficult enough without having to bumble through misty grotto 20 times.

2. The difficulty of the portal map itself needs some looking into. Even with 6k hp and 4.6k armor I am running into troubles trying to solo this map. And its not bc I need to "git gud", I regularly get stranded after m2 and solo m3 for fun and even that gives me less trouble than this map. A guildie of mine who is mid tier geared said that the new map was almost undoable. I have identified a couple things that make the soloing process a bit difficult:

- For some reason whenever the first mob is hit every.single.mob. on the screen and then some will be aggro'd for no reason. This usually includes at least 4 blue witches and 2 mages resulting in the player being swarmed and having to pot-tank or die.

- The archers were given the aim shot skill. Literally nothing kills soloing more than a common mob who has an auto targeting, no red-zone, unavoidable, screen wide range, high damage attack...that can crit. An aim shot will drop me from 100% to 13% real fast and with the amount of archers in the map and mobs swarming the player it sucks. Pray for those 3k armor 5k hp rouges

3. If you're a warrior, your're not gonna have a good time.

Other than that I am super excited to get grinding; let the artifact race begin! Please comment your first impressions of the update!

Edit: So I have gotten 18 magna rune frgaments and 0 victus fragments, is this normal? Are victus frags rare? Also Artus drops ankhs.
    /RogueAuraHype

-Saiyan-
    Last edited by Loveshot; 05-19-2017 at 10:21 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loveshot For This Useful Post: