Thread: A sheep and a level cap increase!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default A sheep and a level cap increase!

"You can skin a sheep once or sheer it for a lifetime."

A lot of people who spent quit a bit of money on plat farming and leveling to achieve level 61 and craft their demonic sets are going to be extremely disappointed if this level cap increase goes in so suddenly. I was frankly shocked to see it announced as part of the Mt. Fang news, given that so many people are finally finishing their crafted sets around this time. They'll have a whole 2 more weeks to enjoy their gear before it becomes obsolete like the uber Custom Recurve set.

I've played a lot of MMO's in my life and have seen the damage that is done with level cap increases. It's a wonderful thing to provide new content and STS has done a great job of doing that. But what is the point of increase the level cap? Are their new skills that will be released? Does STS need to meet investors demands and sell more plat and pad their coffers? I've been an entrepreneur for many, many years and I have a strong sense of what is going on behind the scenes here. When you add everything up, it definitely "looks like" the level cap play is primarily a financial move on STS' part. Notice the random inclusion of a 500 plat vanity helm recently?

Anyhow, I hope the cap increase is postponed for the sake of the people who make PL fun -- the players. I personally have talked to several people in my guild about this and some of the feedback is quite discouraging. Why drive long time loyal customers to quit over a little more platinum sales?
    Amuze | Chosen L41 Sorcerer

Amuze | Founder of Eclipse L65 Enchantress [RETIRED]

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amuze For This Useful Post: