Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So, what changed on the server? @Devs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    Yo, Darren! I'm a bit confused. You're implementing that the leaderboards should be resetted. However, from what i've understand, since you mention the issue is during January 11-16, common sense would dictate that the timed records should be resetted/deleted between this time frame, not remove all records. Am I right, or are you nuts? )
    In order of most wanted to least wanted, here is the solution I would like to see:
    1. Server ping change is discovered and re-implemented. No times get wiped off the board and all players have a much more responsive game with lower latency (win-win for players).
    2. Assuming 1 cannot happen, remove times set between January 11 and January 17, possibly restoring times that were set previously back onto the board.
    3. Assuming neither 1 nor 2 can happen, wiping the whole leaderboard while we still have 2 1/2 months to coordinate and reset our times - not preferred, but if the issue cannot be resolved and for whatever reason database management is too hectic to be feasible, I think this is necessary to ensure fairness.
    4. Assuming none of the above can happen (and I wouldn't be thrilled if this is the solution), do nothing and just give guaranteed banners at the end of the season to the people who ran maps that were affected between January 11 & 17. Unfortunate as it may be, if nothing can be done about this issue, then nothing can be done and a few maps have been capitalized by a few players.

If nothing else happens, I'd at least like an explanation or something from a dev acknowledging the core issue and what they will attempt to do in the future to avoid these kinds of things happening again.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post: