Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Next Chronicle to Star Legends is Coming - Are You Ready?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

This broken spaceship brings up the topic of... well.. Spaceships!! It was told we could use them someday and i hope this day comes closer with this update.. Huh?
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Can't wait I really wonder who shot the ship down. Hope the new armor sets are cool looking but I trust STS so im not that worried.

Main: Commanderkeen (36)
    Alts: Sunwalker (36) Cancer (36)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    you sure they weren't referring to Blackstar? Different game, same developers. This game was going to have spaceship and ground battles.

"In 2005, Spacetime Studios is founded by a group of developers with collaborative experience working on such titles as Wing Commander, Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online. In March 2006, they successfully contracted to begin development of an original IP for a PC sci-fi MMO for NCSoft called Blackstar. This was facilitated in part by the veteran game developers long-standing working partnership with personnel at NCSoft and familiar with their previous work on Sci-Fi games"
    Um, that game became Star Legends. Hence the Blackstar Chronicles subtitle? STS acquired the engine that was developed for the PC MMO and put it to use for Pocket Legends and SL.

Here's the quote from Gary Gattis, taken from this transcript:
    Gary: Sure. So, I’ll give you the 30 second Spacetime Studios spiel first because it’s relevant to Star Legends. We’ve always been PC MMO guys. So my three partners, Anthony Sommers, Cinco Barnes, and Jake Rogers, and the four of us built and ran Star Wars Galaxy for Sony Online Entertainment and we left in 2005 to build a very large scale ground and space based PC MMO for NCsoft and it was called Blackstar. The requirements for it were next gen everything: ground and space, hybrid combat, 6-D flight mechanics… kitchen sink basically. That’s the reason why we built our engine the way that we did.

The pre-production on the game was intense as well, so, it was in pre-production for about three years, designed to be hundreds of hours of content. We hired a guy to be the visual director on it, a guy named David Levy, who went on to do the vizdev for Tron: Legacy- just an absolutely, amazing, beautiful painter. The work that was done for this game was really, really phenomenal.

So it was canceled in 2008 and it was a soul crushing experience for all of us, but then we realized that we had this great engine and technology and that’s what led us to do Pocket Legends on the iPhone. And when it came time to do our second game we had several IPs that we kind of developed internally but none of them really holds our love like Blackstar does so it was kind of a no-brainer to pick up and [make Blackstar into a mobile MMO that we’re calling Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles].
    PL: Jemnus - Lvl 54 Archer; Nasoji - Lvl 54 Enchanter; CaptainUrsa - Lvl 35 Bear;
    AL: Jemnidad - Lvl 30 Sorceror; Starkazm - Lvl 13 Rogue

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JemNI For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Do we have fire extinguishers? That ships 'a burnin!
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

However, Flip, my question still stands. If my commando got the 36 vanity helm, can I stash that helm and wear it on another commando once she reaches 36? Or are the helmet account specific? Like would I have to have gotten it on that account as well when the vanity was actively given out?
    I have an arbiter helm for my engi and op. I have 6 of each (i think), and one is on my engi, one is on my op, and the other 10 are in my stash. when i get my alts up to level 36 somewhere down the road, i can take those helms out of stash and equip them. However, the engi armbiter helm can only be worn by my engi alts once they reach 36, and my op arbiter helm can only be worn by my op alts once they reach 36. i won't be able to equip a com with any of these, and i won't be able to equip a level 36 engi with the op arbiter helm. sorry if that sounds confusing to anyone.

take home point: each arbiter helm has 2 requirements: for all of them, you MUST be 36. there are 3 separate types of helms however, and each arbiter helm also has a class restriction, so if i only get an extra engi helm, i will never be able to equip an op with the arbiter helm down the road when it becomes 36.

hope i didnt go in circles there

oh, and as long as you toon can access the stash, then you can take it out. i took out the arbiter helm on my level 10 engi, and even though he is too low to equip it, i can take it out and equip it down the road. if i have two accounts under two separate email addresses, i can't access my stash with the helms from my other account. idk if STS will switch it over for you, but i wouldn't expect it from them.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    I have an arbiter helm for my engi and op. I have 6 of each (i think), and one is on my engi, one is on my op, and the other 10 are in my stash. when i get my alts up to level 36 somewhere down the road, i can take those helms out of stash and equip them. However, the engi armbiter helm can only be worn by my engi alts once they reach 36, and my op arbiter helm can only be worn by my op alts once they reach 36. i won't be able to equip a com with any of these, and i won't be able to equip a level 36 engi with the op arbiter helm. sorry if that sounds confusing to anyone.

take home point: each arbiter helm has 2 requirements: for all of them, you MUST be 36. there are 3 separate types of helms however, and each arbiter helm also has a class restriction, so if i only get an extra engi helm, i will never be able to equip an op with the arbiter helm down the road when it becomes 36.

hope i didnt go in circles there

oh, and as long as you toon can access the stash, then you can take it out. i took out the arbiter helm on my level 10 engi, and even though he is too low to equip it, i can take it out and equip it down the road. if i have two accounts under two separate email addresses, i can't access my stash with the helms from my other account. idk if STS will switch it over for you, but i wouldn't expect it from them.
    Ah see I was hoping it would be ACCOUNT specific. Like I have 36 on Kahlua, but if I got 36 down the road on another commando, she wouldn't be able to wear the arbiter helm. Something like a character specific reward. Not as flashy if I can stash 10 commando arbiter helms and slowly level 10 commandos to 36 throughout the months.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

that was my understanding of it. feel free to correct me if i was wrong there flip.

and there is a difference between ACCOUNT specific and CHARACTER specific.
    Not as flashy if I can stash 10 commando arbiter helms and slowly level 10 commandos to 36 throughout the months.
    I think in this quote, you are referring to CHARACTER specific gear, not ACCOUNT specific gear.

i have two accounts, under two separate email address. if my main toons are under one account, and my PvP toon are on the other, then i can't put a helm in my stash from newt (main account) and take it out of stash from warrior (my PvP toon) bc they are on 2 separate ACCOUNTS. However, since newt and sniper are 2 different characters on the SAME ACCOUNT, i can stash anything from newt's inventory and take it out of the stash as sniper, even if sniper can't equip it. in the same way, i would never be able to get a PvP toon an arbiter helm then bc i am not grinding to 36 on them and i can't access newt's stash from the second account.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 12-07-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington View Post
    well to answer the question of if im ready or not

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice!

I cant wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default star legend

Sorry trouble u but where can i download star legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You can find it in the app store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ijust want to reach 36 let alone have 10 vanity helms. One is plenty for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default arakazeve

Help on pl I had a chacter named arakazeve he was un rester plz help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arakazeve View Post
    Help on pl I had a chacter named arakazeve he was un rester plz help
    And random comment of the month goes to...
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nice!

i cant wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Any news on.release date yet?.im.ready to play lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pushed back to the 26 would be better; day after Christmas great time to play a new map. Just my humble opinion
    Revox Archer 74 Apocaalyse Mage 71 Archerblue Pure Archer Level 62 Bblink Pure Mage Level 62 Cressybear Attack/Tank level 71 Revox Operative 46 Blinc Engineer 46 Cressy 46 Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I'm going insane O_o
    I need my fix of oh so sweet grinding.
    I need the new map D:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Needs to come this week or maybe sooner imo,people are startin to get bored O_o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If drops continue to be level specific...and the only epics/pinks are going to be level 40...basically those with the platinum to elixir their way to the cap will be the ones who get rich first...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help