Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attacking pets & Armour suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Attacking pets & Armour suggestions

Hey guys and Spacetime Studios Devs, I was wondering if you could make pets that could actually attack enemies? As if they were like PVE pets. Also, I have an armour suggestion. What if you could make a Mysterious Figure armour outfit, however one piece costs 1 million and the whole set 5 million. But, the outfit is a legendary out fit and Samhaye or the Spacetime Devs could choose the stats. If you don't want to pay for the outfit, you have to kill 1000 cultists ( in the Shipyard lvl ) and kill the mysterious figure 100 times. Sounds good right?

Yours sincerely,

Techquake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techquake View Post
    Hey guys and Spacetime Studios Devs, I was wondering if you could make pets that could actually attack enemies? As if they were like PVE pets. Also, I have an armour suggestion. What if you could make a Mysterious Figure armour outfit, however one piece costs 1 million and the whole set 5 million. But, the outfit is a legendary out fit and Samhaye or the Spacetime Devs could choose the stats. If you don't want to pay for the outfit, you have to kill 1000 cultists ( in the Shipyard lvl ) and kill the mysterious figure 100 times. Sounds good right?

Yours sincerely,

Techquake
    I <3 these ideas. STS could make the attack pets cost plat, and the normal ones cost credits. As for the MF armour, I WANNA BE THE MYSTERIOUS FIGURE. Mysterious Figure...is mysterious.
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

These are awesome ideas! The best one is the making pets attack with you. However, the 2nd idea would take a while to complete.
    Thechairmakers idea about normal pets cost credits is amazing as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

WOOT!WOOT! SamHayne should look at this post... Ima Pm him...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I do have some names for some pets:

. Cyber Wolf
    . Iron Eagle
    . Space Dog
    . Steel Drago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I do have some names for some pets:

. Cyber Wolf
    . Iron Eagle
    . Space Dog
    . Steel Drago
    These are awesome names! These are going into game worthy. Brilliant ideas!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Or what about pets that give you a + in stats? Like for example a "steel lion"(idk I made up the pet) give you a +10 in str. Or a cheetah would be a +10 in dps....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Lol

o_0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

As soon as i don't care about the MF outfit or armor, i like the idea about pets

But i think we have a problem here.. To sell pets for plat as vanity is fine, but to sell PvE pets is going to alter the balance.. To keep game balance, those pets should be accessible for everyone, and not everyone has plat.

The first step in the solution is to make pets 'droppable' (i hope it will be done in the next update)

The second step - is to make those droppable pets PvE or just value adding

My point is that they MUST be accessible for anyone - whether via drop or CSShoppe

Peace
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well i didn't really come up about plats thing. And i already told u about putting stats in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I really like the idea of attacking pets! That would be really cool and would entice me to buy a pet.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about a hawk type vanity pet that flys around you and lands on your shoulder once in a while. imagine it chrome colored! Well it being a hawk and all it could add to DPS, or to strength. Its name would be H.A.W.K and it would stand for something like, Hostile attacking winged killer.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Attack pets for plat would outrage the community btw. Have you guys seen the big luck debate threads? Like 400+ comments on all of them of people fighting about plat items for actual in game advantages. It is something that sts is steering clear of.

Great ideas, but most likely wont be put in :/. Attack pets for credits maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Good idea on the attacking pets. Once we get a cool looking pet, im going to buy one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah I already said a flying one like steel drago. And again, is didn't come up with the plat or Credit idea however as flashback flip said it should be a drop or as well as this I could be bought but with maybe like 100k cuz its just new and if it was lower everybody could have one and it won't take long for peeps to get. Attacking pets should keep people busy until the next, next update. =)

Thanks,

Techquake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i think this has been suggested, and its a great idea. idk what kind of programming goes into this, but i assume they would be either extremely rare and/or worth a lot of plat. to add to that, i would also suggest pets that give buffs to the player/party. maybe a pet that constantly keeps empathy up on wearer, an "esuna" type pet that will heal your debuffs, or one that will give you a random stat buff for a period of time.

on another note, while i think this is a great thread and don't think you meant this in a bad way, i have seen devs ask not to address them "hey devs can you do ......." in threads. doubt they care here since you are offering a suggestions and not complaining and yelling at them (i've even seen people cursing at them) like others tend to do when they address the devs, but i thought i would mention it.

Yeah I already said a flying one like steel drago.
    hopefully a flying dragon won't turn into a mole dragon like my chairman meows did. i mean, i know cats don't fly, but they don't burrow underground either ;-)
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    i think this has been suggested, and its a great idea. idk what kind of programming goes into this, but i assume they would be either extremely rare and/or worth a lot of plat. to add to that, i would also suggest pets that give buffs to the player/party. maybe a pet that constantly keeps empathy up on wearer, an "esuna" type pet that will heal your debuffs, or one that will give you a random stat buff for a period of time.

on another note, while i think this is a great thread and don't think you meant this in a bad way, i have seen devs ask not to address them "hey devs can you do ......." in threads. doubt they care here since you are offering a suggestions and not complaining and yelling at them (i've even seen people cursing at them) like others tend to do when they address the devs, but i thought i would mention it.

hopefully a flying dragon won't turn into a mole dragon like my chairman meows did. i mean, i know cats don't fly, but
    they don't burrow underground either ;-)
    A constant-Empathy pet would be game-breaking! Of course, I guess it depends on how much you're having him heal by, but still...it'd add up! The "Esuna" pet's a better idea Of course it'll become a mole, Lelouch! We already have drunken RIVETs and mole cats
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

how bout instead of pets there is partners
    like very rarely you defeat a cultist and he is afraid of dying so he defects and becomes your partner like an attackin pet
    so it is like a drop and you can equip him
    Last edited by Anishavie; 12-14-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Nice idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheChairmaker View Post
    A constant-Empathy pet would be game-breaking! Of course, I guess it depends on how much you're having him heal by, but still...it'd add up! The "Esuna" pet's a better idea Of course it'll become a mole, Lelouch! We already have drunken RIVETs and mole cats
    I love drunk rivet! i actually un-equip and equip until he gets drunk, lol. and as is, any engi can keep empathy up constantly. i feel and empathy pet would have to come with one or all of the following to prevent it from being overpowered:
    - constant drain on mana (like -1 or -2 m/s, which would either drain your mana or negate any current mana regen)
    - a weak empathy (now engi heals can go up to about 100 or so, so maybe 20-30 or so per tick in PvE)
    - less frequent ticks (instead of every 3 seconds, maybe every 5 or 6 seconds)
    - only affect wearer or a very small radius, like 1-2 meters (i know i said just wearer before, but i see no reason for the whole party to benefit a little - maybe heal party members for half of what it heals wearer for)

sorry, just brainstorming, i feel like i'm throwing contradicting ideas out here.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anishavie View Post
    how bout instead of pets there is partners
    like very rarely you defeat a cultist and he is afraid of dying so he defects and becomes your partner like an attackin pet
    so it is like a drop and you can equip him
    I feel like this would fall under the same category as "pet" but you would just "equip" the cultist instead. an attacking cultist is, in essence, the same thing as an attacking pet. to be honest, i would rather have a cool looking pet that drops than a cultist. but i wonder if the cultist would also turn into a mole? i digress.........
    Last edited by LelouchX; 12-14-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*