Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Exclamation Another GUILD-KICKER detected

Hi guys!

A couple of hours ago i witnessed a conversation in BS lounge

One guy was angry the other one kicked about ALL THE MEMBERS from his guild

That 'other' one was just laughin at him telling that he is unpunishable as he did it within game rules: started as member, was good, got Officer rank and after 3 weeks kicked everybody..

Beware!

The name is Pipenain

May the force be with ya
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

thanks for the warning. it's unfortunate there are people like this. i'm sure he could easily change name or make a new toon to avoid this detection, but either way he is going on my ignore list. good looking out.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    thanks for the warning. it's unfortunate there are people like this. i'm sure he could easily change name or make a new toon to avoid this detection, but either way he is going on my ignore list. good looking out.
    People seem to forget that everything gets recorded. A name change would not hide anyone from devs. Stuff gets recorded for a lots of practical reasons, not for spying on people. For example, if there is a bug in the game, it is nice to be able to look at a history of events that caused the error. Also, it is useful to look at statistics to determine which game features or items are most popular. Nothing is hidden, so the best a trouble maker can hope for is to not be noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    People seem to forget that everything gets recorded. A name change would not hide anyone from devs. Stuff gets recorded for a lots of practical reasons, not for spying on people. For example, if there is a bug in the game, it is nice to be able to look at a history of events that caused the error. Also, it is useful to look at statistics to determine which game features or items are most popular. Nothing is hidden, so the best a trouble maker can hope for is to not be noticed.
    May have taken that into the wrong context, believe what he meant was from detection of us, to continue what he was doing before STS intervene/d. Though all the rest makes total sense, and doubt they would be able to hide away from IP/Device/Account ban. The problem is that in this particular case, he is still roaming around freely :/

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    May have taken that into the wrong context, believe what he meant was from detection of us, to continue what he was doing before STS intervene/d.
    Exactly bod, sorry i should have been more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Though all the rest makes total sense, and doubt they would be able to hide away from IP/Device/Account ban.
    Also, i can think of an easy way to hide from IP/Device/Account ban, but i've criticized people on forums for putting ideas like this into others heads, so i won't list it here and make a hypocrite out of myself. I guess that may possibly be considered an exploit. wouldn't want to put one of them up here, i'd have to do a lot of brown nosing to get myself out of trouble then ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Thanks for the info. Don't call people out on forums tho, I believe its a bad thing.

Now tell the person who got all his members kicked to send a detailed report to support. Doing this makes you known as a griefer. This will get you banned.

The email for support is this.

Support(@)spacetimestudios(.)com

Remove the ().
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Don't call people out on forums tho, I believe its a bad thing.
    Hi, Javier and thank you for making the forums safe!

As you might notice, i've been exploring forums and its rules for some time. And more than once i've been asking if i may or may not do smth. And you, as well as BodMaster and other guys helped me to understand ethics of the community - thank you for that! And as you may remember, even when i got scammed i didn't call the name

But this case, i believe, is totally different. I explain - the griefer was not just openly telling the poor GM that he DID it, but he was mocking poor guy making fun of his trust. And also, he was doing this so boldly, that i assume the GM could trust him about being unpunishable.. In this case i decided to risk and get penalty from Sam, but to let you guys to know his IGN, just because i know how hard it is - to assemble guild and then watch as it vanishes member after member on your eyes.. (it happened once with Jedi Council and being just an Officer there i could not kick the kicker, but only typed 'wait,dude, what r u doin? Stop plz' - pathetic feelings, bro)

Any griefer is a serious threat for the in-game ecosystem and while GM might (or might not) write to the support team, this very griefer could slaughter another guild (or two)

So, i think SUCH cases are THE cases to uncover griefers' names here - especially understanding the fact that most GMs are hiring or discussing guild matters in this topic and can be warned and thus, prepared

Ready for the penalty, if my assumptions are wrong

Your true Jedi, Flashbackflip

May the Force be with you
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thank you! I have witnessed this myself in about 3 guilds with other players. I guess they will have to make a report thing for this now.

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

If its true and they're reported, they'll be gone for good. Not even funny, eh? Some ppl?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:508628

Now tell the person who got all his members kicked to send a detailed report to support. Doing this makes you known as a griefer. This will get you banned.

The email for support is this.

Support(@)spacetimestudios(.)com

Remove the ().
    Woowoo woowoo red & blue lights again.

Thanks for the info. I'll add to ignore list as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I don't see why we can't call people out for this stuff on the forums.
    If they're breaking a rule that punishable with a permanent ban...why shouldn't we slander their name?

It's like if there is a murderer on the loose in your neighborhood, but the news just tells you he's out there and police have been notified because they're not allowed to tell you who he is or what he looks like.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    If they're breaking a rule that punishable with a permanent ban...why shouldn't we slander their name?

It's like if there is a murderer on the loose in your neighborhood, but the news just tells you he's out there and police have been notified because they're not allowed to tell you who he is or what he looks like.
    Because when you do we only know your side of the story. You could be lying for all we know and another's person's rep has been tarnished because of it. I'm not saying you ARE lying, I'm just saying that's how it could happen and that's why it's best to just email support and let STS handle it in private. For example, I could start the same exact thread as you but say it was you booting from my guild when in fact it never happened. You're a member of the forums so you could defend yourself if you saw it but if you weren't a member or even if you didn't see it for a few days, your reputation could suffer before it all gets sorted out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Because when you do we only know your side of the story. You could be lying for all we know and another's person's rep has been tarnished because of it. I'm not saying you ARE lying, I'm just saying that's how it could happen and that's why it's best to just email support and let STS handle it in private. For example, I could start the same exact thread as you but say it was you booting from my guild when in fact it never happened. You're a member of the forums so you could defend yourself if you saw it but if you weren't a member or even if you didn't see it for a few days, your reputation could suffer before it all gets sorted out.
    Ok, so next time I find someone who kicks everyone from guilds, I'll just let it go unknown to the public and just report it.
    Then for the next week, he'll join guild after guild doing it to everyone until he's eventually banned.

Hope this doesn't happen to your guild!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I understand your thinking but we don't call people out so that someone who read forums wouldn't just go ingame and tail him saying " Watch out! Guild booter!" That can lead to bullying and teasing.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Totally agree. That's why i said in the other post that this forum "law" is arguable. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't. Depending on a situation.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    I understand your thinking but we don't call people out so that someone who read forums wouldn't just go ingame and tail him saying " Watch out! Guild booter!" That can lead to bullying and teasing.
    That's the other guys's problem. He deserved it. People have to know, otherwise...imagine that this guy joins sparkling pwnies or some other strong guild and somehow becomes an officer by pretending to be loyal and intitiative memer and then kicks the whole guild while there are 2 people online?
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I must say I agree here. If you're gonna act like a fool in game, be prepared to get called out on the forums. But, like already stated, only in certain instances such as this. This forum rule of not posting names is shortsighted and allows the guilty to get away with their crime.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 12-11-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pios View Post
    That's the other guys's problem. He deserved it. People have to know, otherwise...imagine that this guy joins sparkling pwnies or some other strong guild and somehow becomes an officer by pretending to be loyal and intitiative memer and then kicks the whole guild while there are 2 people online?
    Then why don't the devs want us not calling people out? There has to be a reason.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock:508639

Woowoo woowoo red & blue lights again.

Thanks for the info. I'll add to ignore list as well.

Cops? Where?! *ducks in bushes*

Now sir don't go and imply that I'm a forum officer part of the forum police. No such thing, so if I'm just giving some feedback or whatever you shouldn't do that .

Hurt my feelings. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Pios:508691
    Then why don't the devs want us not calling people out? There has to be a reason.
    *shrugs* I just know we aren't suppose to do it.

Same with rushers, scammers, etc. Who knows why we can't say the name. I rather say it to let everyone know, but I guess its a no-no on forums.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

sorry, but this is the one thing people DESERVE to be called out for on forums. if i ever witnessed this, not only would i call them out, but i would take a screenie and post it so there would be no denying it.

Devs don't wan you calling people out on forums because they don't want fights starting on forums. that is not what the forums are for. settle ur problems in private. however, this is more like giving out helpful advice than trolling or flaming. report the thread and see if devs do anything about it if you think this is a problem. i for one am glad people post this info, it keeps a lot of other good people safe.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post: