Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another GUILD-KICKER detected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

And as I previously said a respected member wouldn't get judged, when I was going through the forums looking for some info I passed a thread that outright called a member out and slandered his name, but as it was someone we all know and respect his word was final, so to speak. What flash has done here he is correct in doing so, no steps have been taken after 3+ emails regarding the same subject from a few peoples veiws, yet the player is able to walk around, laughing at everyones efforts and also believing what he done was justified by the way it was carried out.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

... Kids r starving everywhere in the world and ppl suffer daily.
    And you guys r going nuts because he says the guys name???
    One of u even said : "i dont know what personal problems people have so i dont want to add to it"

I mean cmon its a video game, on a mobile platform, and if u choose to be an *** and mess your rep, you deserve to fkin be called out on it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mechr View Post
    ... Kids r starving everywhere in the world and ppl suffer daily.
    And you guys r going nuts because he says the guys name???
    One of u even said : "i dont know what personal problems people have so i dont want to add to it"

I mean cmon its a video game, on a mobile platform, and if u choose to be an *** and mess your rep, you deserve to fkin be called out on it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    TOTALY the point, guys!! thank you Mechr

But i think there is another point to add

This is the MMO 'Massively Multiplayer Online' mobile video game for some players

and MMORPG 'Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games' mobile video game for others

And i think that forum is mostly for hardcore dudes with an rpg element in soul))

So the discussion is taking place is about group modelling 'common sence' and rules for the whole universe of SL, as the furum is surely big background part of this universe and is affecting the gameplay of those, who never ever bother about reading stuff here

This is totally virtual, but also kinda real') in some weeeeeird way)))

And this is what i am honestly playing here, broz

Thank you for adding the relativity aspect, Mechr!

The Force is strong with you

Think of joinin Jedi Council, bro)
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 12-13-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CriostalCamhaoir View Post
    I think he had every right to be called out here on forums. I was present when he was gloating about what he did.
    I agree that in this situation, the person should be called out. This is the second person (OP was the first) to witness a public admittance of doing this. These are both nuetral parties to what happened. Plus, they did notify STS via email on top of posting here.

However, in most instances I don't think names should be called out for the reasons stated above. Most scams aren't scams, most rushers call others rushers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    I highly doubt you'll get a penalty, you might just be told not to call out people on forums *BY ME*
    Corrected...

I ssy this partially in jest, and partially in seriousness. From what I have observed, you are generally the first one to call some one out for this. While I do agree that in almost all cases a persons name shouldn't be called out, I also believe that it should be left to the moderators to correct people when they break an unwritten forum rule. Go back and look through your post. A lot of them are calling soneone out for breaking an unwritten rule. That's the reason you get called out as a "forum police".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

well, looks like devs don't mind this type of thread, it's still not locked. keep of the good work OP, and thanks again
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    thanks for the warning. it's unfortunate there are people like this. i'm sure he could easily change name or make a new toon to avoid this detection, but either way he is going on my ignore list. good looking out.
    People seem to forget that everything gets recorded. A name change would not hide anyone from devs. Stuff gets recorded for a lots of practical reasons, not for spying on people. For example, if there is a bug in the game, it is nice to be able to look at a history of events that caused the error. Also, it is useful to look at statistics to determine which game features or items are most popular. Nothing is hidden, so the best a trouble maker can hope for is to not be noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    People seem to forget that everything gets recorded. A name change would not hide anyone from devs. Stuff gets recorded for a lots of practical reasons, not for spying on people. For example, if there is a bug in the game, it is nice to be able to look at a history of events that caused the error. Also, it is useful to look at statistics to determine which game features or items are most popular. Nothing is hidden, so the best a trouble maker can hope for is to not be noticed.
    May have taken that into the wrong context, believe what he meant was from detection of us, to continue what he was doing before STS intervene/d. Though all the rest makes total sense, and doubt they would be able to hide away from IP/Device/Account ban. The problem is that in this particular case, he is still roaming around freely :/

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    May have taken that into the wrong context, believe what he meant was from detection of us, to continue what he was doing before STS intervene/d.
    Exactly bod, sorry i should have been more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Though all the rest makes total sense, and doubt they would be able to hide away from IP/Device/Account ban.
    Also, i can think of an easy way to hide from IP/Device/Account ban, but i've criticized people on forums for putting ideas like this into others heads, so i won't list it here and make a hypocrite out of myself. I guess that may possibly be considered an exploit. wouldn't want to put one of them up here, i'd have to do a lot of brown nosing to get myself out of trouble then ;-)
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    Corrected...

I ssy this partially in jest, and partially in seriousness. From what I have observed, you are generally the first one to call some one out for this. While I do agree that in almost all cases a persons name shouldn't be called out, I also believe that it should be left to the moderators to correct people when they break an unwritten forum rule. Go back and look through your post. A lot of them are calling soneone out for breaking an unwritten rule. That's the reason you get called out as a "forum police".

Have you thought that maybe I'm the 'first' one because I use the forums a lot? The devs don't have the time to go through every thread and 'correct' people.

I'm not 'correcting' him either, I simply said that he shouldn't do it. Now you obviously don't know me, so don't say a lot of my posts are calling people out for breaking unwritten rules. I take it you don't like for whatever reason it is, be so kind as to use the ignore button. I've only seen you call me a 'forum police', so why do you say it huh?

Do you see me 'correct' every mistake someone makes? No you don't, because obviously you don't see all my posts if you're making such broad statements about my posts.

Next time you try and call me out, don't even try. For every post that you say I 'correct' someone, I can easily find a hundred more where I have helped someone.

If I was 'calling' him out, my post would've been completely different. Don't try and troll me by attempting to 'correct' my post, there is no correcting to be made. If I needed to correct anything I had said, I'd use the Edit button.

If you have any problems with me being a 'forum police', write me a message and tell me there. Don't try and call me out on a thread. That also goes for anyone that thinks I'm a 'forum police', inbox me about it.

Ty for your time.

-Javier
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Have you thought that maybe I'm the 'first' one because I use the forums a lot? The devs don't have the time to go through every thread and 'correct' people.

I'm not 'correcting' him either, I simply said that he shouldn't do it. Now you obviously don't know me, so don't say a lot of my posts are calling people out for breaking unwritten rules. I take it you don't like for whatever reason it is, be so kind as to use the ignore button. I've only seen you call me a 'forum police', so why do you say it huh?

Do you see me 'correct' every mistake someone makes? No you don't, because obviously you don't see all my posts if you're making such broad statements about my posts.

Next time you try and call me out, don't even try. For every post that you say I 'correct' someone, I can easily find a hundred more where I have helped someone.

If I was 'calling' him out, my post would've been completely different. Don't try and troll me by attempting to 'correct' my post, there is no correcting to be made. If I needed to correct anything I had said, I'd use the Edit button.

If you have any problems with me being a 'forum police', write me a message and tell me there. Don't try and call me out on a thread. That also goes for anyone that thinks I'm a 'forum police', inbox me about it.

Ty for your time.

-Javier
    I second that Javier is a very helpful guy (and first to say 'hello' to me when i made my first post)))

Also, his first 'police-llike' post here is not a 'police-like' at all! He just pointed to the rule (and i'm grateful for that) and started this interesting discussion

Javier, dont take it personally, bro! It's always a chance to be misunderstood

Peace
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post: