Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Team I've Been In!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default Best Team I've Been In!

So I'm lvl 48 with my mage and I was like "How in the world am I gonna kill these aliens?" So I went around a bit and I met a low lvl group like me. Exception is that we ROCKED! We killed the two brothers, the Keeper, Gurgox, and later on the Galactic Overlord with a little help. (Thanks to Eric and Meaz) I was astonished at this because I never saw a good group ever since the Sewers came out. This was an awesome experience and we went to do the Victory Lap after we killed the GO but my phone overheated (of course). Just saying this: You don't need elixers to do big things. If you work as a team and care for one another, you will even defeat a 10 time winner of the Galactic Tournament.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

best team i've ever been in is a bear that tanks which means there arent alot of good games out there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urquidez View Post
    @Cytokinesis
    You're right, out of all the bears in game 99% of them are Dex=l
    But to be honest str bears are the best players in the game in my opinion
    I'm mostly str bear, but do use dex. My best team has got to be with tegasthemain and suntv back in Nuri.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

my bear is 100% STR.

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Uhm, Isn't that a normal thing nowadays?...either people became really bad at this game really fast or I'm just that lucky with parties because until Nuri's...I could say, I didn't find the dungeons OMGWTF hard...you know, Sewers I felt it a little bit, but when I got to Nuri's the first few times I was like, "OK, this must be a joke, what's the secret, there must be a trick..." oh and Shadow Caves when I was just level 50+...but AO, everyone was relatively competent enough...IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Even if you are with a poted people not group you may still have difficulty with the run the reason is that they are sucky players that they don't wanna play they just wanna waste time and you will have a lot of problems if you don't have a really good tank that really wanna play and these days finding a good players that really wanna play is a little rare players these days don't even wanna bother fighting boss like in crypt (mount fang) 8/10 runs that I join everyone would leave as soon as they reach boss and that just make me mad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw View Post
    Even if you are with a poted people not group you may still have difficulty with the run the reason is that they are sucky players that they don't wanna play they just wanna waste time and you will have a lot of problems if you don't have a really good tank that really wanna play and these days finding a good players that really wanna play is a little rare players these days don't even wanna bother fighting boss like in crypt (mount fang) 8/10 runs that I join everyone would leave as soon as they reach boss and that just make me mad
    Most of them are XP runs.
    DeadEyedEagle level 66 bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    best team i've ever been in is a bear that tanks which means there arent alot of good games out there...
    Join some of my games

I do have dex, but I don't wear dex gear anymore. Just haven't paid to respec.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY:509047
    my bear is 100% STR.
    That generally doesnt work well, while ur practically invincible, ur dmg is so low youll have trouble getting aggro, also ur hit% is terribly low maybe 70% this gives plenty of possibilities to miss beckon which makes u next to useless with the already high dodge mobs in mt fang. I tried this build once, then changed to dex/str (still using str gear) the inprovement was wondrous, the one time pure str works somewhat well is with rift set since it has a 30+ hit% boost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Now i know i haven't done PL in a while but when i did, i was a dual spec wit dex, and Louchie would tank on his dex gear all night long with no aggro complaints. If you learn how to play the character, dex bears can hold aggro without fear of death like a str bear and deal damage that rivals birds. However, the last stage i played was sewers, so idk how this has changed in the other expansions. Before i retired him, Louchie had a good rep :-)
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

It's sad, but its been soooooo long since I seen a bear tank in a regular game....
    The only time I see a bear really kick some booty is when its one of my guildmates in the game with me. Most other times I see them waiting for me to go in full force. I must say though thanks to my friend saool now I can do it and survive!!!

*** But I won't if everyone just wants to stand there and watch me.....
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Last i remember when i was playing PL on my bear, there was about 1 i could tolerate being in my runs, and that was bodyguardz. he was a beast and i'm sure he still is if he is still playing. He may be the only bear i never booted from my runs when i played my bear because he actually knew how cooperate with another bear. however, i doubt louchie could out-tank him even if i tried to, lol

EDIT: and sorry if you were on the tail end of newtybooty's steel toe, he was a jerk sometimes because he had no tolerance for scatterbears, lol.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-09-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Ugh. Scatterbears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    Now i know i haven't done PL in a while but when i did, i was a dual spec wit dex
    props for the accidental meme
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

bears are gonna be outdated soon I think. Mage armour will soon be the same, and mobs high dodge elimnites the usefullness of beckon for crowd control, also as a tank i have trouble getting aggro on bosses even right after a successful taunt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    bears are gonna be outdated soon I think. Mage armour will soon be the same, and mobs high dodge elimnites the usefullness of beckon for crowd control, also as a tank i have trouble getting aggro on bosses even right after a successful taunt
    Mob dodge rates can change. I haven't had any problems beckoning. Also haven't had much of a problem with getting agro on bosses. Might take a few tries but I always end up getting it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    @Cytokinesis
    You're right, out of all the bears in game 99% of them are Dex=l
    But to be honest str bears are the best players in the game in my opinion
    Always an opinion.
    Str Bears that DON'T Scatter are good.
    Though one could argue that a full Support Int Mage is also very good; healing at the maximum.
    I seriously think that Mages need better Support Skills; I mean +1 Armor for the Party? Seriously?
    And then we have the Destruction full Dex Bird. We can also argue that they can be doing massive amounts of damage.

Always an opinion. Yet I will strongly argue that being a pure with the base recommended stat will always overpower dual speccing in playing your character roles.
    For example, a Dex Mage cannot heal and buff as well as a pure INT(less mana).
    A Dex Bear cannot stand up against the damage that a Str Bear could.
    A Str Bird cannot deal enough damage as the Dex Bird can.
    The only exception is the Int Bird; a very rare and uncommon yet insanely devastasting class.
    It has lots of skill damage with the Lilith Set, and the Wand Set especially provides enough armor as well.
    I believe that the Int Bird could be considered the most utlilized class for Birds; having enough armor and more skill damage than a Warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

for me i will get a dodged taunt several times, then when i finally get him, he hits me like 3 or 4x than goes back to the bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:535248
    I agree with you I don't know why but devs are making bears so weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon:535070
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY:509047
    my bear is 100% STR.
    That generally doesnt work well, while ur practically invincible, ur dmg is so low youll have trouble getting aggro, also ur hit% is terribly low maybe 70% this gives plenty of possibilities to miss beckon which makes u next to useless with the already high dodge mobs in mt fang. I tried this build once, then changed to dex/str (still using str gear) the inprovement was wondrous, the one time pure str works somewhat well is with rift set since it has a 30+ hit% boost
    That's what make class different and balanced, birds have the best damage but the worst armor mages have medium damage and armor bears have a low damage but a very high armor so if they give them more damage they would be the best class but I think they should give bears higher hit% so they can do their job because if you give your bear some dex points its not gonna give him a lot of damage but it will give him way more hit% that's why my bear is pure str (way more armor)