Thread: Last engi skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Default Last engi skill

Seen a few people doing this, so I thought I would take a crack at it and see what you all though. :-)

I haven't settled on a name for it yet, something like Gun Hack or Nano-shot, but basically I'm thinking a skill that when activated will cause all shots from your party to heal the shooter a % of the damage inflicted. Like 25% for 5 seconds at lvl 1 and increase the percentage by 5 for each lvl up to 50% at 6. Also at 6, an increase in the time to something like 7 seconds. This skill should only affect normal and crit gun shots, not damage skills. I think this would be effective in both pve and pvp.

Opinions?

-----
    Sent from my six shooter. BANG! BANG!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So for example an engi casts the skill at lvl 1. Now the commando in the group does 12 damage. The commando then heals himself 25% = 3 points for the damage he inflicted.

Great idea imo.
    NachtElfje - mage / engi ~ BloedElfje - op / vampire

www.infiniteunion.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    So for example an engi casts the skill at lvl 1. Now the commando in the group does 12 damage. The commando then heals himself 25% = 3 points for the damage he inflicted.

Great idea imo.
    Exactly.

-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Pretty good idea, but at 6 it shouldn't be 50% it should be a little higher. Good idea tho.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Could be the first few levels dictate damage returned as self-healing. The last couple either reduce mana cost or increase duration.

Definately better than the other Engie Skills I'd suggested since it both aids in healing the group, and could theoretically still be useful in PvP without being as unbalanced as destroying target armor (though combine this with say leech and other health steal effects and you've got temporary damage immunity.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

personally, I'd prefer so kind a buff as opposed to a heal. I heal too much as it is, and the engis that already don't realize it is their job to heal everyone and not just themselves will only use this skill to benefit themselves, not the whole group. I always spam my maxed empathy and transference used on a group will heal the party to just about max health. I know every class contributes to the group in it's own way, but engis already have 3 skills that heal. I don't think there should be another heal skill when we can't even buff our defense more than 60, which is worthless. oh yeah, we can buff it more, but once we get hit once by an enemy we lose that extra 100+ armor buff from the force shield, another worthless skill for PvE IMO. another heal skill would make it so that 1/3 of our skills heal. I want a skill that benefits me, some kind of combo buff. when STS made protection affect the whole group, it made the armor buff 60 at max. what about Coms, they get over 200 defense or something for themselves. I want a skill to benefit me for a change
    Last edited by LelouchX; 12-26-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX:523164
    personally, I'd prefer so kind a buff as opposed to a heal. I heal too much as it is, and the engis that already don't realize it is their job to heal everyone and not just themselves will only use this skill to benefit themselves, not the whole group. I always spam my maxed empathy and transference used on a group will heal the party to just about max health. I know every class contributes to the group in it's own way, but engis already have 3 skills that heal. I don't think there should be another heal skill when we can't even buff our defense more than 60, which is worthless. oh yeah, we can buff it more, but once we get hit once by an enemy we lose that extra 100+ armor buff from the force shield, another worthless skill for PvE IMO. another heal skill would make it so that 1/3 of our skills heal. I want a skill that benefits me, some kind of combo buff. when STS made protection affect the whole group, it made the armor buff 60 at max. what about Coms, they get over 200 defense or something for themselves. I want a skill to benefit me for a change
    You should check my last engi skill you might like it

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Well, perhaps with it being the final skill, we can over power the lvl 6 version a bit. ;-)

Maybe add a damage bonus buff at lvl 6 for the duration of the skill. Flat bonus or percentage. I say 50% heal and a 50% damage buff for 7 seconds. Can you say op, now! Lol!

The damage immunity, of sorts, when using leech and empathy would just be a bonus for picking the right class. :-D

-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe instead of a direct 'deals more damage' the last few levels of this skill do an armor debuff along with 'target heals self with each damage shot done'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

edited out, I fail......
    Last edited by LelouchX; 12-26-2011 at 05:05 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm with lelouch on this one I believe we should get a skill like the one on pl for enchantress that benefits the party for a while with critical and hit or something plus an added buff to it that only the caster receives, personally I think that would be awesome....