Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part II: Official Schedule

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Can you conquer death: Voleria Edition - Part II: Official Schedule

Hey guys

Sorry for the wait, but I have composed a rough schedule for the contest. I am still waiting to hear from the following teams:

Team 8 - Captain: Kanozaki

Team 14 - Captain: Trixie

I have uploaded the schedule to google docs and made the link public. If it worked out correctly, you should be able to view the schedule in excel and I will be able to change it and have it update. I will also be posting the schedule here as just text as a quick reference.

All times are in -5 GMT time. That is USA Eastern Coast (EST) time. Please calculate accordingly.

If your team is fine with the time you've been assigned, please reply here in this thread and I'll assign judges to your time.

I will update this thread when I have more time.

Click the link for the schedule -----> Official Schedule <-----

Refreshing the Rules
    • You run all 5 maps, in order, clearing the first 4 in entirety and the last map until 1 enemy remains (the boss)
    • Maps begin with all contestants standing on a designated point. Contestants will not begin until judges say "go," during which time will start.
    • The clock stops when a level is completed, and starts up again at the start of the next map. You have time between maps to go buy stims/use the bathroom, etc.
    • Deaths add 30 seconds to your overall time.
    • NO PLAT RESPAWNS. You will be penalized if you do. Flip has also said that he will check the logs and can tell if people used plat to spawn, so don't do it.
    • NO ELIXIRS. You will be disqualified from the contest if you use any kind of elixir.
    • Do not ask the judges for your times or death counts. They will not be released until after all teams have gone.
    • If you disconnect, please take a screenshot of your ping or the disconnect message. If you do not have proof, we will be forced to penalize you for leaving early. We will also consult with Flip on the matter.
    • The same 3 who start the contest must finish the contest.
    • If you feel a teammate has disconnected, shout it out to the judges. I recommend making a quick chat for it. Currently engaged mobs must be killed and then time will be stopped. Judges investigate, and then time and play will resume on the judges "go."

Anything else? Ask the judges before the run!

Judge Info
    • Before each map, answer any questions the contestants have
    • Explain the rules again if you feel it is necessary
    • Have contestants stand on a single spot before beginning, which can be found at the bottom of this page
    • Check if all 3 contestants are ready to begin. Get a verbal confirmation
    • Make sure your judging partner is ready to begin
    • Give a "ready...set..." followed by another message of "Go!" signaling the contestants to start
    • Stay at the beginning of the map to avoid interfering with the run, and to check to plat respawns
    • Do note that after a while, checkpoints are reached and characters will no longer spawn at the start of the map should the engineer also be dead
    • Do not inform the contestants of their current time, current amount of deaths, times of another team, or if they've missed an enemy.
    • Try not to type as it blocks the HP bars. Missing a death could be the deciding factor of the contest, so please pay attention.
    • If you have a laptop/computer, I'd advise you to use Chrome to play for the larger screen. A tablet works just as well.
    • When recording time, I recommend this online stopwatch Flip showed me: http://tools.arantius.com/stopwatch Flip and I used it, it's wonderful. All you do is hit "remote" if you want the smaller version that can be moved around your computer screen. Start the clock when the map starts and stop it once the popup for the next map appears. Record the time, and here's the kicker - DON'T RESET. This clock will keep running time, as well as "lap time." Meaning although the main time keeps going up, it'll keep track of the time for that map as well.
    • Record map time, deaths, and any penalties from the map. Do so for each map separately. Please keep a written copy as well, should your internet crash. if you use my stopwatch, please take a screenshot of the 5 map times and save it as the team name and the date/time the run was scheduled. Send this file to me, as well as a hard copy.
    • Do not add death time in to the total time yet. I want raw time and total death counts. I will do the rest. Please make sure your watch calculates out to 3 milliseconds; 00:00:00:000, being hours:minutes:seconds:milliseconds.
    • On the 5th map, stop the time AS SOON AS 1 ENEMY IS LEFT. Do not forget this, and explain to the teams that they are not killing the last boss for the contest, but obviously can do so after if they so please.

Here are the start points for each map. All contestants start on top of each other:

Voleria Map 1:
    - by the tree.

Voleria Map 2:
    - on the biggest blood splatter

Voleria Map 3:
    - across from the rock, in front of the electric gate

Voleria Map 4:
    - on top of the first grate

Voleria Map 5:
    - on the corner where the 2 diagonal floor panels meet. Next to the enhancer guy.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 01-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post: