Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current status of SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

One has to ponder that if so many people are debating this right now... it may just not be dead after-all. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    One has to ponder that if so many people are debating this right now... it may just not be dead after-all. lol
    good point, but how many people debating this are still as active as they were a month ago (in game, that is)?
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    lol, true, in ways all the people that have posted here want to see the best from the game.. but unfortunately what we say or our opinions go through one ear out the other..

All the time I spend here is in the Off Topic section.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    good point, but how many people debating this are still as active as they were a month ago?
    *Raises Hand* Me! Granted, on the casual-to-hardcore player scale, I am near the middle, not off on the hardcore end. I value the collaboration and camaraderie of the game, which is why I tend to think that enhancements to the social aspects of the game system would make the biggest difference. Everyone wants different things, and you can't please everybody, but putting more of the game experience in the hands of players (to organize groups, contests, quests - sand-boxes, as it were) to me would really help because those players who want to take the creative lead could have much more impact.

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    *Raises Hand* Me! Granted, on the casual-to-hardcore player scale, I am near the middle, not off on the hardcore end. I value the collaboration and camaraderie of the game, which is why I tend to think that enhancements to the social aspects of the game system would make the biggest difference. Everyone wants different things, and you can't please everybody, but putting more of the game experience in the hands of players (to organize groups, contests, quests - sand-boxes, as it were) to me would really help because those players who want to take the creative lead could have much more impact.
    i went from hardcore to somewhere in the middle, for all the reason me and everyone else put here. i don't plan on stopping, but i can accomplish the same spending 50% of my free time playing as i did when i spent 90% of it playing. I play backgammon in bed instead of SL now, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

@ Bodmaster, please cheer up
    More contests are good, and while some people are working out and planning the next one, you should do all you can to help out and make your own fun activities.
    Why leave all the work for just the passionate players to do,
    Sure it would be excellent for the devs to release more updates and contents more often, but do you know how much work that is? I find they update bug fixes quickly and they do a good job listening to the forums.

Remember they are players too. They will never forget Star Legends: The Blackstar chronicals because that is their child.
    If you didn't know, Star Legends began way back a couple of years ago under the name Blackstar. Way before Pocket Legends was even thought off.
    There are some game footage floating around to prove this, it had the same idea but on a larger scale, the game looked quite diferent, but you can definitely see the ideas that got brought down to the smaller scale of an Smart Phone game.
    You think they would just leave this game to die, then you arn't a very optimistic person are you. I think Its great how the sts team actually listen to their players and you know how busy they are right now. So please look on the bright side of life and stop bringing people down.
    You were quite ignorant to a couple of fine suggestions from people and some friends of mine and yes it is very much the community that keeps mmo games alive and if your representing the community, your not doing a good job supporting it.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm sure you are a lovely person with lots of friends and support in ideas. But please don't moan about the game if you can't be botherd to play it and create fun quests of your own for your friends to get involved in.
    Yes it is alot if work, I know because for the past few days I have been non stop placing guildies into teams of ten and organising competitions down on paper, so I have a right to say this.
    For the people who have organized such competitions on the forums, well done you. It's you guys that are passionate about the game and you are doing a wonderful job.

Thanks for having the time to read this, as it took quite a long time to type this which I could of spent playing on the game instead. Thanks - best regards, Mitchturbo.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    @ Bodmaster, please cheer up
    More contests are good, and while some people are working out and planning the next one, you should do all you can to help out and make your own fun activities.
    Why leave all the work for just the passionate players to do,
    Sure it would be excellent for the devs to release more updates and contents more often, but do you know how much work that is? I find they update bug fixes quickly and they do a good job listening to the forums.

Remember they are players too. They will never forget Star Legends: The Blackstar chronicals because that is their child.
    If you didn't know, Star Legends began way back a couple of years ago under the name Blackstar. Way before Pocket Legends was even thought off.
    There are some game footage floating around to prove this, it had the same idea but on a larger scale, the game looked quite diferent, but you can definitely see the ideas that got brought down to the smaller scale of an Smart Phone game.
    You think they would just leave this game to die, then you arn't a very optimistic person are you. I think Its great how the sts team actually listen to their players and you know how busy they are right now. So please look on the bright side of life and stop bringing people down.
    You were quite ignorant to a couple of fine suggestions from people and some friends of mine and yes it is very much the community that keeps mmo games alive and if your representing the community, your not doing a good job supporting it.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm sure you are a lovely person with lots of friends and support in ideas. But please don't moan about the game if you can't be botherd to play it and create fun quests of your own for your friends to get involved in.
    Yes it is alot if work, I know because for the past few days I have been non stop placing guildies into teams of ten and organising competitions down on paper, so I have a right to say this.
    For the people who have organized such competitions on the forums, well done you. It's you guys that are passionate about the game and you are doing a wonderful job.

Thanks for having the time to read this, as it took quite a long time to type this which I could of spent playing on the game instead. Thanks - best regards, Mitchturbo.
    Oh god....

Im not even gonna dissect this.
    Just know you've replied to the wrong person about "not caring for the community."

Inb4meltdown.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Oh god....

Just know you've replied to the wrong person about "not caring for the community."

Inb4meltdown.
    IB4MELTDOWN also, Bod, myself, Kahlua and may others care about the community.....and that post is not cool bud.
    if you dont want to offend please edit your posting.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MYNISTA View Post
    Agreed. End game is kinda boring right now. Some new Legendary weps and stuff would give it a boost. Havn't seen some of my friends in a long time. People are fading away...
    I agree. Folks are indeed fading away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

playing devil's advocate, with 50 posts, mitch may just be uninformed by thinking bod is "not caring for the community." it's easy to form the wrong opinion about someone. also, he could have posted something nasty, rather than a thought out articulated reply. with that said, bod truly is the opposite of "not caring about the community"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I haven't done anything wrong, I'm voicing my opinion as in you guys,
    I don't know many of you well enough, but if you are concerned about the community then thanks!
    It's people like you who keep the game moving forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahitman View Post
    I agree. Folks are indeed fading away
    i see a decline also, i have 3 lv 41 also so i have been seeing a change maybe with tons of console game releases...EG: Skyrim

and @ mitchturbo...yes...were posting here because we care, how can we play if our guildmates/friends leave when SL is intended to be a team based game? thats what were trying to figure out. if we do find friends they are low level lol. (we need there help now)
    Last edited by octavos; 01-20-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Oh god....

Inb4meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    IB4MELTDOWN also, Bod, myself, Kahlua and may others care about the community.....and that post is not cool bud.
    if you dont want to offend please edit your posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    playing devil's advocate, with 50 posts, mitch may just be uninformed by thinking bod is "not caring for the community." it's easy to form the wrong opinion about someone. also, he could have posted something nasty, rather than a thought out articulated reply. with that said, bod truly is the opposite of "not caring about the community"
    I haven't done anything wrong, I'm voicing my opinion as in you guys,
    I don't know many of you well enough, but if you are concerned about the community then thanks!
    It's people like you who keep the game moving forward.
    I was half way typing a reply, and stopped myself, I'm not going to answer or disect your post, if you want to continue please do so in a PM.

There's a difference about voicing your opinion on a subject, than attacking one sole member of the community (any member, even if it is 'sticking up for a guildie') in a thread regarding the best for the community.

But I would like to inform you I put my whole heart and soul into this game, I'm over passionate about its success if anything.

If I didn't care, do you really think I'd be still here discussing this? (Rhetorical question)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    i see a decline also, i have 3 lv 41 also so i have been seeing a change maybe with tons of console game releases...EG: Skyrim

and @ mitchturbo...yes...were posting here because we care, how can we play if our guildmates/friends leave when SL is intended to be a team based game? if we do find friends they are low level lol. (we need there help now)
    Yes, thanks Octavos :-) I understand now.
    It can be very saddening when players or more importantly friends leave the game.
    I now understand why everyone has starting worrying about the game.

Thanks for clearing this up for me :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default :/

Agreed when the cap was 50k (36) I finished it in 10-11 days but with this cap I've uses so much plat and trying so hard but has taken me like a month
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    I was half way typing a reply, and stopped myself, I'm not going to answer or disect your post, if you want to continue please do so in a PM.

There's a difference about voicing your opinion on a subject, than attacking one sole member of the community (any member, even if it is 'sticking up for a guildie') in a thread regarding the best for the community.

But I would like to inform you I put my whole heart and soul into this game, I'm over passionate about its success if anything.

If I didn't care, do you really think I'd be still here discussing this? (Rhetorical question)
    Yes, thanks Octavos :-) I understand now.
    It can be very saddening when players or more importantly friends leave the game.
    I now understand why everyone has starting worrying about the game.

Thanks for clearing this up for me :-)
    ATM were all concerned and its all valid...we spend tons of time in game and we are seeing a change, that we all agree on. Bod, i dont believe Mitch as trying to hurt you in any way.
    were all abit concerned because our close friends and even some of mine have disappeared (i know where some went but thats beside the point).

The point is that quietness in B* ppl just standing there doing "what looks like nothing lol" concerned threads like these....yes we want change. but the change we want is options not receptiveness *how about a Starlegends-go-cart, or SL board game, Starlegends fruit ninja ect... a game within a game.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-20-2012 at 11:43 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Who died and made you post police?

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Please don't comment on something you obviously have no clue about.

New content will change this, if StS implemented something from the hundreds of suggestions once a month or every few weeks more people would continue playing. Even something as small as cutting down the drop rate for any 'epic' item would increase the amount of players that stay on.

Do you know what the meaning of PvP is? Or even the issues that the engi's have? The engi would be power houses and stand a good chance at dominating PvP if the skills worked how they should..

Your ignorance is what we will see more of if this continues on..
    First off this is a discussion thread, I will post where I please on topics that I feel I can add something useful or helpful to. I really don't care of your "opinion" on whether or not I have been around long enough to "have a clue". Changing and updating at the whim of a user because of a complaint leads to catering to a select few instead of the masses, and a game that is a monster to maintain. It is STS's game and they should try to accomodate the users of their product when possible.

2nd of all even powerered up, the classes in pvp are not equal. They serve a specific purpose. Engineer should pvp against engineers of a similar level. And commandos shoud pvp commandos. Next complaint will be "my level 10 engineer can't beat a level 41 commando, we need sts to powerup skills to make it fair" or some such foolishness. It's not the system it is how it is used by the community. Perhaps sts could add more filters to pvp so players could be more selective on who enters a game for fairness (a class filter)

it's not ignorance when someone doesn't share your point of view, it's a difference of opinion. Healthy debates solve issues.
    Good day to you sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

We definitely care about the community, that's why we are trying to be heard. Some of us actually do ALL of the things that you have considered Mitch. I run with you all of the time! We're just asking for a few adjustments, additions & fixes. I'm hardcore, I still play everyday, and I do still enjoy the game...just not as much as I use to enjoy it. Vol's mini bosses and end level chests drop the exact same lootz as Thyra. I'm just askin for some new Legendaries! Lol. Even new Legendaries for lower levels. In PL they added the Fiery weapons of Doom for level 10. That made it fun to go back with my high level toon and grind the Forest Haven maps. I would like to see stuff like that frequently added to the game. And I miss my homies like Bod and Ardon! Lol. Chillin' with community (that you've raised your toons with/around) is one of the best parts of this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i'm pretty sure i have nothing new i'm willing to share in this thread, but for the record killaskillz, there really is only so much you can do in this game after capping your main toons, and they have been discussed at length in this thread as well. update = 5 new maps. 'nuff said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    First off this is a discussion thread, I will post where I please on topics that I feel I can add something useful or helpful to. I really don't care of your "opinion" on whether or not I have been around long enough to "have a clue". Changing and updating at the whim of a user because of a complaint leads to catering to a select few instead of the masses, and a game that is a monster to maintain. It is STS's game and they should try to accomodate the users of their product when possible.

2nd of all even powerered up, the classes in pvp are not equal. They serve a specific purpose. Engineer should pvp against engineers of a similar level. And commandos shoud pvp commandos. Next complaint will be "my level 10 engineer can't beat a level 41 commando, we need sts to powerup skills to make it fair" or some such foolishness. It's not the system it is how it is used by the community. Perhaps sts could add more filters to pvp so players could be more selective on who enters a game for fairness (a class filter)

it's not ignorance when someone doesn't share your point of view, it's a difference of opinion. Healthy debates solve issues.
    Good day to you sir.
    This is a different topic entirely, but just gonna point out that the reason PVP is so one sided is because the skills aren't working the way they should. Engineer skills heal the person they're attacking...some of them dont work at all...if the skills were fixed, the engineer could technically win every single battle hands down if played with correctly.

All the classes seem balanced enough should the skills be fixed. Just have to use the right skills, and unfortunately for the engineers, those 'right skills' are the broken skills.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post: