Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look Familiar?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Default Look Familiar?

Here's the new elite humania STR weapon:

And here was my entry for the " STR Submission Thread - Design Humanian Legendary Weapons Contest - STRENGTH" :

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Look Familiar?

:0 they stole your design but didn't give you credit! Shame! Actually... Maybe they kept it a secret and your getting yours soon!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Have you not been given recognition? What about the other twk "elite" weapons.. are they similar to cintest entry submissions?

Not cool....
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Have you not been given recognition? What about the other twk "elite" weapons.. are they similar to cintest entry submissions?

Not cool....

Not at all.

I made a post in the PL 2.0.0 patch notes thread where the original picture was posted for the new weapons, but it was either overlooked or ignored.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Not at all.

I made a post in the PL 2.0.0 patch notes thread where the original picture was posted for the new weapons, but it was either overlooked or ignored.
    Nothing about this is acceptable. Never a reason to NOT give credit where credit is due.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Just to play devil's advocate here, I don't think it's too much of a reach that two people could come up with the idea of a "swordfish sword" independently. I highly doubt they stole your idea, but with that said, you should get some sort of credit since they're so close and your idea predates the new weapon, even if it's a coincidence.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Yeah I don't see why sts would do this. They are good with giving credit maybe they just haven't got to it or maybe they accidently skipped over. Since u got no recognition I'd like to say congrats ur awesome design was implemented

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Um, email support? But you never copywrited and made it public for them.. therefore its free to use imo. But still not good they didnt credit you

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

They should have at least given you like 20 mil or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

oh a sword fish. we would have never guessed theyd use a fish for sword.... look on those rack things in humania. there is that same blue fish without the blade.

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate here, I don't think it's too much of a reach that two people could come up with the idea of a "swordfish sword" independently. I highly doubt they stole your idea, but with that said, you should get some sort of credit since they're so close and your idea predates the new weapon, even if it's a coincidence.
    Considering the contest was held WAY before Humania came out and these were not introduced for another coupke of weeks after Humania came out, I have a hard time seeing coincedence. I'm not hating on ya, just stating I don't see how they can justify that argument.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Considering the contest was held WAY before Humania came out and these were not introduced for another coupke of weeks after Humania came out, I have a hard time seeing coincedence. I'm not hating on ya, just stating I don't see how they can justify that argument.
    Agree^^

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

well a swordfish and shark are very different things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

ill leave this right here.

1. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

here is the major link
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...test-DEXTERITY
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-INTELLIGENCE
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ntest-STRENGTH

sorry but no acknowledgement is needed....since submitting your idea you waved your rights.
    im sorry again, but next time read the fine print its all there.
    Last edited by octavos; 07-20-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    ill leave this right here.

1. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

here is the major link
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...test-DEXTERITY
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-INTELLIGENCE
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ntest-STRENGTH

sorry but no acknowledgement is needed....since submitting your idea you waved your rights.
    im sorry again, but next time read the fine print its all there.
    I understood that and did read it the first time.

If they're gonna post that and then give recognition to people who they designed items after (namely winners of that particular contest and every contest prior and upcoming) then why not do it for all.

I'm not upset about them not giving recognition, I'm upset about them making it seem like they came up with the idea all by themselves.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    oh a sword fish. we would have never guessed theyd use a fish for sword.... look on those rack things in humania. there is that same blue fish without the blade.

Your point is irrelevant.
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 07-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jugernugetx View Post
    Oh right, but then again, the sword Necro designed is the exact same spitting image as the sword in the picture.
    Right down to the curve of the face where it meets the hilt.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Maybe they do have a surprise for you

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LwMark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Shoulda slapped a TM on your pic. You deserve the credit and your getting it here so grats nice wep
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Not the first time. The Hook Staff, Scarab Bow, and Scarab Blade were all [uncomfirmed] entries in the AO2 design contest. By submitting your design, you gave them all the copyrights (IIRC from reading the rules and regulations).

Edit:

I also have the agree with Juger. They have them in town and just simply turned them into a weapon, they didn't necessarily use your design. I entered a crappy tiki head staff and they made one as well, regardless of mine looking different from there's, they still used the idea. I'd say the design team doesn't remember any of our entries, I'd even be surprised of they've seen any others besides the winning ones.
    Last edited by KingFu; 07-20-2012 at 04:03 PM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpslide View Post
    Oh right, but then again, the sword Necro designed is the exact same spitting image as the sword in the picture.
    Right down to the curve of the face where it meets the hilt.
    Nope, color scheme is wrong... Lol so therefrore its diffrent and not a copy