Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to the AoA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Default What happened to the AoA

I left...and I came back, and AoA is gone according to several people. Anyone care to explain?
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Nope AoA is still here but the whole old AoA got disbanded and re-constructed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Nope AoA is still here but the whole old AoA got disbanded and re-constructed.
    Yup. All original AoA's were wiped from the guild and group and its gradually growing again. AoA needed a "restart" according to Airrie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

It's going on hard times, all i'll say.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    Yup. All original AoA's were wiped from the guild and group and its gradually growing again. AoA needed a "restart" according to Airrie.
    Doesn't seem like much of a "restart". I think the old group was more active.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Word on the street is now... they are Party Planners

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Where is the party at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Where is the party at?
    Sadly you weren't invited it seems. (must be your taste in music)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Word on the street is now... they are Party Planners
    Yes.. We do plan parties as well as help newbies. The parties usually have a quiz of some sort or "trivia", and possibly some giveaways

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

They had some contests, I think. They don't hang around giving out hats anymore. Pity! I thought the hat as a "welcome wagon" gift was a great touch.

I was in the guild before the wipe. The only reason I could think for the wipe was because some original ambassadors were ticked off because they couldn't prevent the mod who took over leadership from appointing someone who was very obvious in wanting to be appointed. It was felt by many that one should be more subtle, I guess. The ticked off ambassadors somehow got under the skin of the mod who took over from the original mod who created it, so he went on vacation and came back and disbanded the Ambassadors. He also de-activated the hats that gave out gift hats. After a month of non-activity, he took new applications. Then a month or two later, he quit working for the moderator rental agency that STS uses. The torch was passed to a different mod.

I chose not to re-apply. I did not consider the action of disbandment to be something that furthered community spirit, to put it mildly. I could not understand how the devs who I thought I knew would permit it. So I can't tell you anything much about the new guild.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

In the last weeks i never saw an AoA. I have the feeling that they aren't really actice anymore.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    They had some contests, I think. They don't hang around giving out hats anymore. Pity! I thought the hat as a "welcome wagon" gift was a great touch.

I was in the guild before the wipe. The only reason I could think for the wipe was because some original ambassadors were ticked off because they couldn't prevent the mod who took over leadership from appointing someone who was very obvious in wanting to be appointed. It was felt by many that one should be more subtle, I guess. The ticked off ambassadors somehow got under the skin of the mod who took over from the original mod who created it, so he went on vacation and came back and disbanded the Ambassadors. He also de-activated the hats that gave out gift hats. After a month of non-activity, he took new applications. Then a month or two later, he quit working for the moderator rental agency that STS uses. The torch was passed to a different mod.

I chose not to re-apply. I did not consider the action of disbandment to be something that furthered community spirit, to put it mildly. I could not understand how the devs who I thought I knew would permit it. So I can't tell you anything much about the new guild.
    Well I obviously wasn't reading those threads. News to me! That is a little strange (to put it mildly) considering the importance STS had put on the AoA program in the past.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

He deactivated the hats? Shoulda run em outta town on a rail! Can the hats be reactivated to give the AoA's a sense of purpose again?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airboom View Post
    In the last weeks i never saw an AoA. I have the feeling that they aren't really actice anymore.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk :3
    Not true! I'm active and online every day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

First I've heard of the full story too, thanks for taking the time to explain Snake. (Mildly ofc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

We're still around Becoming more active now as newer AoA join the group ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare:808628

You always know how to put things so elequently Snake. Lookin forward to getting to an age where i get that ability. But anyway, yeah, what Snake said.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

i see Bienin fh often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    First I've heard of the full story too, thanks for taking the time to explain Snake. (Mildly ofc)
    I should have mentioned that I was not one of the people who were upset about appointing someone who was obvious about wanting to join. Politicians are subtle all the time. I'd rather see eager people doing it.

The hats went away and they were thinking of another sort of Ambassador vanity. There was a contest, but the winning idea got turned into the angelic gear. The winning idea was to have Ambassador in big winged outfits (so you could see them easily) and they would give out little wings. But it's way cooler that it became the angelic gear!!!

Fluff might be kidding, but I really did think the hats were fun! It made people want to be ambassadors, and made them want to hang out in FH once they were appointed, and it opened the door for shy people to ask questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I do not think a AoA mod is there I haven't seen any new posts about anything period for AoA