Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Change to Pocket Legends Elite Vanity Item Set Bonuses – Introducing Legendary Rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

now i have to sacrifice my 2% hit ring to get my elite stats :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Good point, I think they need to find a way to convert the dragon stats into some kind of wearable bonus that can be worn alongside a ring. Someone mentioned maybe a necklace? Maybe you can have the dragon crafter who you bring your dragon set to, equip it with the matching pet, and then he turns those pink dragon pieces into blue dragon pieces (like non stated vanities, i.e. hooch hat) and in the process gives you the dragon necklace. The blue dragon pieces cannot be used to craft another dragon necklace, but can still be sold or traded, and the dragon necklace can also be sold or traded. There, problem solved!!
    This is not a bad idea at all. This should really be considered, and I'd be one to support it. This way the sets still hold some value and you could choose to wear them if you so pleased. I personally love the way the set looks and I'll wear it regardless.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Nay! Leave em!
    They can easily be farmed if u put in some work and time! Or even bought if u can merch up some money, the items are under gold cap now so shouldnt be problems!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

cool, can finally wear founders helm and have full elite vanitiy bonus
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    cool, can finally wear founders helm and have full elite vanitiy bonus
    Yes and if dragon set bonus goes away this is the target for the next crying thread....

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Yes and if dragon set bonus goes away this is the target for the next crying thread....
    Sad, but true. It shall never end.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Turn them into a trinket that can be equipped in a new vanity slot. That way, it can still be equipped while wearing that new cool glory ring. Also, the stacking of stats would remain, so for the stats junkies it will have the same value with the added benefit of being able to equip any other vanity armor and/or helm with it.

Dragon items could then become vanities as mentioned in another thread, that way, for the ones going for looks over stats, its value would remain too.

That would solve the 'everyone will look alike' issue and retain the benefit of stats for those willing to go the extra length to obtain those sets. Those trinkets + dragon vanity items would probably also have a similar market value as compared to the current sets, meaning you're not, as mentioned by several people in various threads, 'ruining the economy' either.

As for the 'leveling of the playing field for new players', maybe new trinkets could also be introduced (preferably by doing cyber like quests that require some serious effort instead of plat). Dragon rings could have slightly better stats as compared to those 'cyber' trinkets, but nothing game changing. This would allow new players to obtain those new trinkets and thus, 'leveling the playing field' or at least narrowing the gap. For those who really want the best, they would need to work for it and try and obtain a dragon ring. Having something to work towards to is never a bad thing IMO.

So yeah, that's my opinion about it. Feel free to disagree

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    All in favor of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "I!"

All against the idea of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "Nay!"

Thanks!
    NAY!!!

I like it the way it is.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

All in favor of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "I!"

All against the idea of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "Nay!"

Thanks!
    I would say don't mess with the red/blue/green dragon sets. Just don't make future vanities with stats.

But please make the black dragon gear vanity. Otherwise I'll never wear it.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Thanks!
    Nay..and I dont even play PL. just make dragon sets drop more frequently....its not like a CoP pieces those thingies are special.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Agree,and I dont even have a set XD
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I would say don't mess with the red/blue/green dragon sets. Just don't make future vanities with stats.
    NAY I love it the way it is
    I'll say again if it isn't broke don't fix it. What is the problem with the dragon sets anyways? What? Some ppl don't have them? Oh that's terrible. Maybe if the nerf them ill cry about founders helm what's the difference. Sorry I just don't see any problem with what we have right now? Dragon sets give bonus (good thing) and they look sweet (another good thing) plz someone enlighten me on what the problem is.
    Last edited by onemadzhau; 10-19-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Neigh Neigh, I am a horse. But honestly, I say Nay. The reason being, as many others have pointed out ahead of me, people have spent ridiculous amounts of cash and gold to get their dragon sets. Taking away the set from the dragon pieces and making it into a ring, defeats the purpose. STS ingenious idea for rolling elite vanities into a ring solved sooooooo many problems concering statted vanities. There is nothing wrong with the stats given off from dragon vanities. That is why they are worth so much. People who can afford them, have been playing long enough and deserve them. So I say dragon vanity set bonuses stay!

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Making a level playing field for new players means that a new player can achieve (with hard work) what old players have. It does not mean new players can just have (with no work or effort) what old players have.

Any new player, with hard work, can cap the next 3 levels, get the elite ring, and then either farm a dragon set, or save up enough gold to buy one. There, now you have a level playing field.
    Fully agreed. A level playing field is just allowing players the opportunity to get them. Old elite vanity set and founders helm do not have that option, regardless of how much time or money spent, and so they were not "fair".

Dragon vanities can be farmed and the new elite vanity ring can be obtained by leveling to elite cap over the next few caps, thus making them fair.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    There is absolutely no point in havin a dragon ring, if its worst stay then a elite ring, maybe would b cool to combine, but i doubt sts would make a whole new section for a couple rings,
    Maybe just maybe, u can take your plat pet and your dragon vanities and go craft them into a crazy NEW LOOKING dragon, so if u wear pet u get extra stats, people talk about oh i wish pets can do damage, well then there u go?

qouted myself , i think its a good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok howmuch time to get a new vanity shield only a weekend or.....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thanks!
    I'm going to go with Nay also, because I don't think its really necessary for all the additional coding for STS. This isn't a big enough issue since everyone can get dragon vanities and they have already come down in value a lot.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SIRPATHETIC View Post
    ok howmuch time to get a new vanity shield only a weekend or.....
    The vanity shield for Level 76 will be available until the update for the next level cap raise. However, the stat'd shield, the egg, will only be available for those who reach 76 by Monday.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ok so I read thru most of this thread and I don't think this has been answered, is there a reason for me to go for the cap if I already have the cop/soh/mfa on all 3 of my toons? Is there gonna be a 4/5/6+ ring or something in the future?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Technique View Post
    Ok so I read thru most of this thread and I don't think this has been answered, is there a reason for me to go for the cap if I already have the cop/soh/mfa on all 3 of my toons? Is there gonna be a 4/5/6+ ring or something in the future?
    Well...they might give unique opportunities for people who make 76 cap like they did with 71.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Thanks!
    Change to Pocket Legends Elite Vanity Item Set Bonuses – Introducing Legendary Rings
    Two Legendary Rings to Rule Them All!
    To address the above two problems, we are making a shift. Instead of having stats tied to vanities (which sort of defeats the point of vanities) we're implementing a system whereby players can obtain an uber, epic legendary ring!

Sorry to say this but it totally defeat the point of change, vanities should stay vanites as implementing to the change, lets really end this issue and move on.
    Last edited by bglir; 10-21-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Git – Ssneakykills