Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Change to Pocket Legends Elite Vanity Item Set Bonuses – Introducing Legendary Rings

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I hope the same will be done with Dragon sets to avoid Vanity bonus stacking, which would really be unfair, in PvP as in CtF

Another question.. Will new rings come out for with LvL70 minimum? Because LvL20 rings are now old
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    The thing is, if everyone is grinding and wearing dragon armor IT AGAIN defeats to point of this change, because everyone will still LOOK THE SAME! I hope you understand now, if you need me to explain anything else please just make another uninformed comment and I will do my best to get back to you.
    Lol. First off, people were complaining not about "all looking the same" but because of the lack of a level playing field since the old bonuses are not available to newer players. The playing field is level if everyone has a shot at it - which is the case for dragon vanities.

I have the 3 piece bonus from 56, 61 and 66, so this is not a case of sour grapes. I am instead making an argument based on logic and fairness for everyone. Further, there are multiple colors of dragon vanities so again there is variety - though that is NOT AT ALL what this discussion is about.

Stick to one point. You don't have a strong argument, which is why you are pivoting from "level playing field" to "everyone will look the same".

Let's just be honest, you are just upset because you don't have a dragon set (yet) and so this is a nerf for you. Boo-Hoo.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Another question.. Will new rings come out for with LvL70 minimum? Because LvL20 rings are now old
    Level of ring doesn't matter since its not tradable/stashable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Lol. First off, people were complaining not about "all looking the same" wrong again, this has been just as much a complaint as any stats. What game have you been playing?but because of the lack of a level playing field since the old bonuses are not available to newer players. The playing field is level if everyone has a shot at it - which is the case for dragon vanities.

I have the 3 piece bonus from 56, 61 and 66, so this is not a case of sour grapes. Never said it was so stop assuming I am instead making an argument based on logic and fairness for everyone. If you were truely making and argument based on logic and fainess then you would see that these vanities werent stackable for a reason before, nor should they be now as this is far from "LEVEL PLAYING FEILDS" Further, there are multiple colors of dragon vanities so again there is variety Multiple colors or not everyone would still be wearing dragon, NO?- though that is NOT AT ALL what this discussion is about.Im not the first or the only person that has brought up this FACT so even if the discussion was not started here it has been here for a while, try to catch up.

Stick to one point. You don't have a strong argument, which is why you are pivoting from "level playing field" to "everyone will look the same". Both points are very valid so it remains my prerogative to mention both

Let's just be honest, you are just upset because you don't have a dragon set (yet) and so this is a nerf for you. Boo-Hoo. more honest then that, even if I did have a dragon set I honestly dont feel these "BONUSES" should be capable of being stacked. Especially when you consider the fact that they have remover the ability to use play rings in conjunction with the new "ring of glory".
    Didnt want to miss anything so you will notice my rebuttals are in red

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flacs View Post
    Level of ring doesn't matter since its not tradable/stashable.
    LvL70 to avoid lower pvp players using it, and ruining all strategies once again
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    LvL70 to avoid lower pvp players using it, and ruining all strategies once again
    What part of not stash-able or trad-able did flacs not explain properly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

PHEW!! So much tension in this thread

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Didnt want to miss anything so you will notice my rebuttals are in red
    Wrong. The complaint was about stats and not looking all the same. No need to bring in these snarky remarks like "what game have you been playing?"
    Originally, people weren't even asking to get the COP as well. They were just looking to have the level 71 helm give a bonus with the armor and or old shield so that they could also have the same stats as someone who started during balefort sewers.

A majority of people are trying to maximize their stats as much as possible. If people were not so keen on maximizing stats, dragon sets would not have inflated so much. The difference between crafted gear and uncrafted gear isn't THAT huge, but people are willing to grind their hearts out and pay millions of gold just for those few extra crit/hit/int/dex/whatever.

If STS put out a helm that looked like dog poo, but gave it amazing stats, a LOT of people would wear them. Maybe not in town, but definitely for PvP and many would also for PvE.

Further, everyone who can wears the top crafted gear for their class anyway and looks the same. AGAIN, this is NOT about looking the same.

There is nothing wrong with them being capable of being stacked, when everyone has access to it. They could very well include an "ear ring" slot and add stats to that as well. As long as the content is balanced with the overall power of the characters based on the gear available and everyone has access to all the gear, it is fine.

I think we can basically agree to disagree. I don't have much more to say anyway. I personally believe the entire elite vanities discussion was a case of the "haves" wanting to keep their advantage and the "have nots" wanting a balanced playing field. STS has decided to level the playing field, which I personally supported.

I believe you are now arguing to get rid of dragon vanity stats because you don't have it. If you had a set, I personally do not think you would be pushing it. You can argue against it, but I don't think you'd want to see your multi-million dollar investment turn virtually worthless. Now, you are pulling out various arguments like:
    1. Everyone will look the same
    2. They can't stack with rings... so they shouldn't stack with anything else...

In order to try to make it so you don't have to worry about trying to get a dragon set to be maximized for PvP. I don't believe those arguments are valid. You do. We can just agree to disagree, so I can get back to work and stop checking this thread

Now dragon sets are dropping like crazy for re-roll, so they will be quite abundant. Again, this means its going to be a level playing field, because those who want the sets have a reasonable way of getting them.

One more point-- I think if STS gets rid of dragon stats without some kind of "pivot" people will go nuts. I think people mentioned having dragon turn into a different type of ring as well with the dragon bonus stats, which would be quite reasonable. The end result of that would be that, dragons and elite bonus can't stack, however everyone gets a shot at getting the elite bonus, which is what people wanted in the first place. I think that would be fair to all.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

This was a player suggestion, wasn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Great stuff
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #251
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

All in favor of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "I!"

All against the idea of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "Nay!"

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

NAY

If it does end up like this I really hate to say it, but I'm probably done playing. I didn't waste my time farming and merching in order to obtain a set that would provide me with a useless ring that I won't equip due to the fact that I have the 2 piece bonus ring already equipped. the meager stats from a dragon ring will pale in comparison to the vanity bonus ring I'm sure.

I'm also about to spend $20 to get my blue dragon pet, now with this I certainly won't be getting any plat until this dilemma is figured out.

Take my pixels that's fine, but messing with my real money, I have a problem with that.

Personally I'm so sick of the crybabies saying oh me oh my your dragon bonus is so OP, its so not fair....get over it already and farm a set if you think its the end of the world.
    Last edited by Cobraguy; 10-18-2012 at 07:38 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobraguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techno email View Post
    all in favor of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "i!"

all against the idea of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "nay!"

thanks!

ni ni nihttp://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QTQfG...%3DQTQfGd3G6dg
    Last edited by StompArtist; 10-18-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

too little too late

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Leave the Dragon Sets alone. With the increased drops, more and more will be made available.

One of the best suggestions I've heard is to just make a Vanity Ring slot. Simple solution to a pseudo-complex issue.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Your assumption would be correct however....either way, You cannot stack these bonuses as of now nor should you EVER be able to. TBH that goes against the exact thing that was stated by devs in regards to this update "to give a level playing feild to new players"
    Making a level playing field for new players means that a new player can achieve (with hard work) what old players have. It does not mean new players can just have (with no work or effort) what old players have.

Any new player, with hard work, can cap the next 3 levels, get the elite ring, and then either farm a dragon set, or save up enough gold to buy one. There, now you have a level playing field.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The thing is, if everyone is grinding and wearing dragon armor IT AGAIN defeats to point of this change, because everyone will still LOOK THE SAME! I hope you understand now, if you need me to explain anything else please just make another uninformed comment and I will do my best to get back to you.
    Good point, I think they need to find a way to convert the dragon stats into some kind of wearable bonus that can be worn alongside a ring. Someone mentioned maybe a necklace? Maybe you can have the dragon crafter who you bring your dragon set to, equip it with the matching pet, and then he turns those pink dragon pieces into blue dragon pieces (like non stated vanities, i.e. hooch hat) and in the process gives you the dragon necklace. The blue dragon pieces cannot be used to craft another dragon necklace, but can still be sold or traded, and the dragon necklace can also be sold or traded. There, problem solved!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

What part of not stash-able or trad-able did flacs not explain properly?
    Lv 70 rings minimum haven't been mentioned by devs so how would Flacs know?
    Lv 20 rings are stashable so it can happen for other rings
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Change to Pocket Legends Elite Vanity Item Set Bonuses – Introducing Legendary Rings

Ok this question has probably been asked before but forum is too long for me to read/search. As of now I have two vanities, so I plan to get the ring...but once I reach the 76 cap (hopefully) and have three vanities, will I be allowed to get the other ring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    All in favor of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "I!"

All against the idea of replacing the stat's on elite dragon vanities with a ring, say "Nay!"

Thanks!
    Read my last post Techno. I don't really care what you do with dragon vanities, as long as those who played for 6 months, saved their gold, and spent their entire fortunes on a dragon set, do not lose their shirts in this. If you make dragon stats into a ring, and then make that ring not as good as the elite vanity rings, then it won't be something end gamers will want, and the value of these dragon rings will not be much, so there lies the problem. This is an economic issue more than a stat one. Some of us have invested our entire fortunes in these. I also spent 500 plat on the pet pack just to obtain the pets so that I can get the set bonus.

So the only way I see to preserve the value, is to make the dragon bonus in some form that end-gamers will all want to use. So if it is a ring, then it would need to be better than the elite vanity rings, and if it isn't better, then it would need to be able to be worn alongside the elite vanity rings so that end gamers will still want it.

And most importantly, it will need to be tradeable/sellable so that it retains it's invested value. Otherwise this will have harsh economic effects on the game. The effect of such a change on me would be to no longer buy anything expensive anymore in game for fear it will be nerfed at some point. I also think my interest in the game would decline quite a bit. I'd basically be starting over for the most part, as all my savings and value in game would be gone.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: