Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Forum moderators!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Posts per day is not a good idea, there are some people that post alot that I would not let near mod powers with a forty foot pole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1 Agree.

EDIT: But not by relating anything to post count. Only based on who the devs choose.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Moderators are not needed yet in my opinion !! but soon .. !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think having forum mods might be a good thing, but knowing this community, in afraid people will treat that position the same as the PL shield, with many players trying/begging to become mods for the sake of status.

If the devs want a mod, they should recruit one without the participation of the community.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's only one person corrupting the community and he's banned. I don't think moderators are needed yet. Also most people use there in-game name as there forum name and they don't want to get banned so I don't see moderators coming for quite some time. Possibly a (Super Posters) subscription for like $5.00 a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's time for mods, the person who was banned has more accounts. Who is to say that this won't happen again once the devs are sleeping? =/
    Hotndots lvl45 Paladin
    Choose the road less traveled by - be kind and give everyone a chance.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

OK, here is my thought on moderators and this will probably make me very unpopular. The issue I see is that moderators are needed, but they should not be allowed to play the game. This is the only way to ensure that they can not use their authority to give themselves an unfair advantage. But if they were no longer playing PL, why would they want to be a forum moderator. A catch 22 with the only solution being an STS employee.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Also, we all know how Laquint said he'll disguise his IP and spoof it so that he can get back on the site. Redryder tells me there's a way for the site to reject people with blocked, and disguised IP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have a much better idea, STS hires an employee to mod the forums this person has full mod powers, then a few people selected by STS are given lock thread powers, any instance of abuse and you lose the lock powers, post count reset and a temp forums/ game ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I like jons idea...But would the devs pay this mod? Because I'm sure the devs would like to save as much money as possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If there was some way to link your game account to your forum account they could have a plat item that gives you no powers but some little vanity colour to forum name or in game name if forums/game not linked, that expires after 30 days of purchase, they could then use that additional funds to get the mod.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been checking in here often. Anyway, I don't think that now is the time for mods. Yes, there has been the occasional super troll, but nothing too serious has occured yet. I think that the Devs will know when the time comes for the need for Mods.

(And I agree with Royce as a Mod. He is probably one of the most mature people out there with a vast knowledge of the game)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    I have a much better idea, STS hires an employee to mod the forums this person has full mod powers, then a few people selected by STS are given lock thread powers, any instance of abuse and you lose the lock powers, post count reset and a temp forums/ game ban.
    I like this- though I wouldn't give the forum members selected by STS even the power to lock threads. IMO, there just needs to be a moderator or dev that they can report to immediately if there's an emergency- which is really rare. The devs nailed the bad guy so there should be time to figure out a good system that doesn't affect the forum...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I haven't posted in a while, but I've been checking in here often. Anyway, I don't think that now is the time for mods. Yes, there has been the occasional super troll, but nothing too serious has occured yet. I think that the Devs will know when the time comes for the need for Mods.
    Did you miss the person coming on here yesterday named AO3? I would rather not post about it, but I will be happy to message you the details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ao3 was posting very unnecessary pictures on this forum.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Did you miss the person coming on here yesterday named AO3? I would rather not post about it, but I will be happy to message you the details.
    Guess I missed that. I was up at the lakehouse all weekend and labor day, so I hadn't checked in for a couple of days. Also, I don't need to know the details. I'm guessing that there were just some inapropriate things posted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Guess I missed that. I was up at the lakehouse all weekend and labor day, so I hadn't checked in for a couple of days. Also, I don't need to know the details. I'm guessing that there were just some inapropriate things posted.
    Ya, some things are better unsaid, just wondering if you wanted to know what was up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool My Opinion, please comment.

READ!!!
    I agree mystic, but mods should only be allowed to ban someone for 24 hours max. Able lock threads made by players and not devs. Able to SOFT DELETE posts.
    Also the devs really need to make Samhayne be on the forums at LEAST 3 hours a day.
    Last edited by Flamin; 09-07-2010 at 06:02 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hm, would there be an age requirement to be a mod?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mods, if added to the forum, should ONLY be STS employees. This way they are accountable to the company and the brand. This isn't a mom and pop forum run by avid fans of PL. This is a company forum. Let the employees run it. Sure, if they need to hire more staff for the forums then great. Is there really a major issue here that we suddenly need mods? I love all the comments about the Devs sleeping. The Devs are working hard on the game we all love. Part of this is the feedback they get from the forums. But they can't spend all their time here. So, if they aren't logged on, it's not like they are sleeping or ignoring us or are lazy. It's because there are more important things to do. The forum is not in any state where we need heavy moderation, especially from player moderators.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6