Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Beware of Scammers! (READ THIS!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

The bottom line for me, at least, is that it wasn't Masons fault. If the two really were that close, its simply a break of trust, which in my eyes, is disgusting. Even in a mobile MMO. All you AoAs and whatnot can recite your same old junk about " Dont trust people you cant see" and "Its his fault, he gave the items" but at the end of the day, an online relationship (friendship) can be equally close as a real life one. I've known a few people since late 2010 on PL, and still know them. I have no idea what their age is, or what they look like, or what they sound like. All i know is that we get along. I would trust those people with my demonic. Its just that 1% in the population of close online friends that decide to completely throw away this relationship for some virtual item. This defines an online child's attitude IMO.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Hunnyhunter is a complete scammer!
    You think you know someone, but this shows you that you can not trust anyone. I have been playing alongside Hunnyhunter for almost three years now, and I thought we had become great friends. When I was level capped at level 35 in the swamps and he was just getting started I would farm gold and items just so HE could catch up. We would share everything! I even gave him access to my stash, and would let him wear my GOA shield from time to time. We were that close!
    Well, goes to show how much you know people. I looted a Tiki Dex set and said he could ~burrow~ it to try it out, and he REFUSES to return it!!!! In fact he is NEVER online when I am. It is like when ever I get online, he has just gotten off. He is completely avoiding me!!!
    So, moral of the story, no matter how much you THINK you trust a toon, even if that toon happens to be on the same account as you, NEVER LEND ITEMS!!!
    First off, thank you. That made my day.

Next:
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Attachment 17171

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS
    And: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...upport-Team%85
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Moderator - Inactive RedStapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Hey Guys,

Closing this down.

Thanks to those who quoted my post on how to avoid getting scammed.

Once more with feeling: If you got scammed, please report it. We may not be able to get you your items back, but we do need to know who's behaving poorly.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

-RS
    | | | |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com