Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Beware of Scammers! (READ THIS!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS
    should've quoted him
    Credits to Iady

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:841068
    Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS
    should've quoted him
    I did but when paste it all it said was a word idk wouldnt work so i figured him initially was good enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Did Mason really quit? I'll miss him. I have a l56 bear called 'Demon' and it looks cool when I stand beside his bird called 'Demonic'. Don't think STS can do a thing even if you post it on forums. What scammed is scammed, you can't get anything back, I think.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-: View Post
    Yeah like Gnosis will do anything to help the situation.
    He won't now. That's for sure.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Everyone can trust me. But I won't trust you.

I've never scammed or been scammed. Try it out.
    Last edited by Rare; 11-05-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That's it don't be a noob? My int bird would kick your arse any day out of the week.

And use a set that is YOURS not one you SCAMMED PEOPLE OFF OF.
    AND all u say is don't be a noob? How old are you, 10? YOU SAID IT 3 TIMES THINK OF SOMETHING BETTER!
    your talking about him being 10? Your acting pretty childish to me.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Never lend out anything to anyone and problems are solved...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

You know the number of scammers would decrease if the number of stupid people decreased

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Don't lend anything you can't go take back if its not returned.

Other than forcibly using the scammers device to return your stuff, pixels are included.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

How many of these threads do we need? The stupid will keep doing stupid things, and suffer the consequences. We don't need 3-5 of these threads every month to remind us. If someone is scammed, it doesn't need to be announced. Quite frankly, it just shows how stupid the person that got scammed really is, rather than how much of a jerk the scammer is.

Don't scam others, you aren't cool. Behind your keyboard you're just a 11 year old fat, pimple faced kid. These dumb kids "keyboard fighters" love to talk trash over the Internet but they wouldn't do it EVER irl.
    Nice insults btw. Let the person who got scammed fight their own battles. If they quit, then that's just how they want to react to the situation. Let STS deal with the final result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    How many of these threads do we need? The stupid will keep doing stupid things, and suffer the consequences. We don't need 3-5 of these threads every month to remind us. If someone is scammed, it doesn't need to be announced. Quite frankly, it just shows how stupid the person that got scammed really is, rather than how much of a jerk the scammer is.

Nice insults btw. Let the person who got scammed fight their own battles. If they quit, then that's just how they want to react to the situation. Let STS deal with the final result.
    I sure do hope Apollo doesnt come across this...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Hunnyhunter is a complete scammer!
    You think you know someone, but this shows you that you can not trust anyone. I have been playing alongside Hunnyhunter for almost three years now, and I thought we had become great friends. When I was level capped at level 35 in the swamps and he was just getting started I would farm gold and items just so HE could catch up. We would share everything! I even gave him access to my stash, and would let him wear my GOA shield from time to time. We were that close!
    Well, goes to show how much you know people. I looted a Tiki Dex set and said he could ~burrow~ it to try it out, and he REFUSES to return it!!!! In fact he is NEVER online when I am. It is like when ever I get online, he has just gotten off. He is completely avoiding me!!!
    So, moral of the story, no matter how much you THINK you trust a toon, even if that toon happens to be on the same account as you, NEVER LEND ITEMS!!!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

O.o
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1:840992
    I only trust jhood..I trust him even with my gf...when I'm not there..gone for hours...nothing for them to do but.....
    You can trust me with anything in game..I haven't seen your gf, so..I can't promise you anything there.
    gf.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Feeling bad for mason, but as most of the cases, it's the fault of the person, who got scammed. You should not blame sts, and sts also should not take serious action against the scammer(unless so many complaints from several users) , cuz who knows, I may give someone few items just to ban him, saying he scammed me. That make no sense.

Anyway, u can make it again mason, making gold is not that much tough specilally for experienced players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Beware of Scammers! (READ THIS!)

Jhood, Hunz, Lw, Billy are ur trustable middlemans!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    You can trust me with anything in game..I haven't seen your gf, so..I can't promise you anything there.
    Lol....i....well she........rofl....ill finish latr..

Quick! Staring contest...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:841298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post

I sure do hope Apollo doesnt come across this...
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Hunnyhunter is a complete scammer!
    You think you know someone, but this shows you that you can not trust anyone. I have been playing alongside Hunnyhunter for almost three years now, and I thought we had become great friends. When I was level capped at level 35 in the swamps and he was just getting started I would farm gold and items just so HE could catch up. We would share everything! I even gave him access to my stash, and would let him wear my GOA shield from time to time. We were that close!
    Well, goes to show how much you know people. I looted a Tiki Dex set and said he could ~burrow~ it to try it out, and he REFUSES to return it!!!! In fact he is NEVER online when I am. It is like when ever I get online, he has just gotten off. He is completely avoiding me!!!
    So, moral of the story, no matter how much you THINK you trust a toon, even if that toon happens to be on the same account as you, NEVER LEND ITEMS!!!
    lol. I had know idea what you were talking about until I looked in your sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People who get scammed are usually 9 yr olds anyways. Its not surprising they get scammed. Still their fault. Plus they should not be on the internet for a matter of fact, if all they do is whine.