Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time has come, Need to re-balance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage
    You got a lot of things wrong in this single sentence...

First of all, hit% is not above 100 for every class in mid to endgame. Many Strbears and Pallies are well below. Other Str- or Intbuilds are just above 100 and it's stll important when birds and mages can debuff 35 and bears 60+ hit%. The only class that is really saturated are pure birds (with 160+%).
    And what are you even referring to by "mid to endgame"?? up to lv65 classes are pretty balanced IMO (I have multiple toons of diffrent classes for every twinking bracket from lv50 upwards). So I'm gonna talk about 65+ mainly.
    Also, how are the dodges a consequence of having hit% above 100?? The dodging is a consequence of the ridiculously high dodge itself.
    And pure birds with a bow still have the highest damage output of any class at almost any level. They also have roots debuffing 70(!!!) dodge altogether so they tend to get dodged less if they have a good combo.
    The only place where hit has actually become somewhat of a problem is on int mages (140+ I think) who can still kill birds and other mages with a fire+auto(or any dmg skill) even after being debuffed. For str it's just above 100% which is the way it should be IMO.

I hope I don't come off too rude but I think you are missing the real problem of high lvl PvP, which is the high dodge and damage.

Either damage and crit(on int and str sets mainly) needs to be reduced drastically, or we need more hp/armor for EVERY class. Or something in between.
    Independently the dodge on str sets has to be lowered. 45 base dodge is too much, around 30 would be okay. Mages shouldn't rely on dodge need dodge anyways with their heal and shield, I'm glad it has been lowered this cap (should be around 10. if even). Birds dodge slightly too much and shouldn't get above 50 buffed IMO.
    Dodge is a completely luck based stat and in combination with the uber high dmg in endgame PvP actual skill becomes less and less important. Very frustrating to see as a once committed Dexbird player.

So I agree 100% with the title; PvP needs a major revamp!
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    You got a lot of things wrong in this single sentence...

First of all, hit% is not above 100 for every class in mid to endgame. Many Strbears and Pallies are well below. Other Str- or Intbuilds are just above 100 and it's stll important when birds and mages can debuff 35 and bears 60+ hit%. The only class that is really saturated are pure birds (with 160+%).
    And what are you even referring to by "mid to endgame"?? up to lv65 classes are pretty balanced IMO (I have multiple toons of diffrent classes for every twinking bracket from lv50 upwards). So I'm gonna talk about 65+ mainly.
    Also,
    And pure birds with a bow still have the highest damage output of any class at almost any level. They also have roots debuffing 70(!!!) dodge altogether so they tend to get dodged less if they have a good combo.
    The only place where hit has actually become somewhat of a problem is on int mages (140+ I think) who can still kill birds and other mages with a fire+auto(or any dmg skill) even after being debuffed. For str it's just above 100% which is the way it should be IMO.

sorry to say, you distorted few points.

It's obvious that, anyone could have less than 100 hit% thats not the point, he will get dodged like hell and specially after hit debuff that's what it meant to be.

If extra hit % is only for a purpose if get debuffed, then good luck with 100+ extra fake hit % pure birds carries or will carry in upcoming caps. Its like you have a high power weapon, but you cant use it you can only use it only when you existing low power weapon will be useless for few moments. Not for birds for any decent non Str class, said before but got distorted so put "decent non str" before

now here's a point, you contradicted yourself, first off you said, birds deliver highest dmg, then said mages are killing with just fire+auto or something, well done. Let me clear my points again, I said, including the part where birds should get less dodge due to their high hit, consider a situation where a low level dex and a low level int/mixed/str attacking two different but same stats dodgy oppenets, also assume that their overall damage is same but due to the fact that, the opponent is dodging less against the dex, the dex should deliver much more damage overall, That is what I meant, but the same thing happens after all get hit capped, the scenario will be totally different.

how are the dodges a consequence of having hit% above 100?? The dodging is a consequence of the ridiculously high dodge itself
    well by saying this, you're clearly indicating that there's no relation between dodge and hit %. My everything said above depends on There's a certain relation, equation of dodge and opponent's hit% where any other variable, constant number or any other random number may be included anyhow, in which equation, dodge is being calculated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    sorry to say, you distorted few points.

It's obvious that, anyone could have less than 100 hit% thats not the point, he will get dodged like hell and specially after hit debuff that's what it meant to be.

If extra hit % is only for a purpose if get debuffed, then good luck with 100+ extra fake hit % pure birds carries or will carry in upcoming caps. Its like you have a high power weapon, but you cant use it you can only use it only when you existing low power weapon will be useless for few moments. Not for birds for any decent non Str class, said before but got distorted so put "decent non str" before

now here's a point, you contradicted yourself, first off you said, birds deliver highest dmg, then said mages are killing with just fire+auto or something, well done. Let me clear my points again, I said, including the part where birds should get less dodge due to their high hit, consider a situation where a low level dex and a low level int/mixed/str attacking two different but same stats dodgy oppenets, also assume that their overall damage is same but due to the fact that, the opponent is dodging less against the dex, the dex should deliver much more damage overall, That is what I meant, but the same thing happens after all get hit capped, the scenario will be totally different.

well by saying this, you're clearly indicating that there's no relation between dodge and hit %. My everything said above depends on There's a certain relation, equation of dodge and opponent's hit% where any other variable, constant number or any other random number may be included anyhow, in which equation, dodge is being calculated.
    Just to get that straight: You are making a suggestion on how to rebalance "mid to endgame PvP" (still got no clue which levels u are talking about). You think it would be good if a high hit percentage would make you to get dodged less often. I get it. But I don't think that is what PvP really needs.

I didn't contradict myself, eventho bowbirds are very squishy (dying within 2 crits just like unshielded intmages) they still do the most damage. If they land their roots they can easily kill str chars in one combo, even groups of them with thornwall and cruel blast. They should not get an additional advantage from having a high hit percentage. They don't need that.

Dodge should be lowered for every class, strclasses as well as birds have too much dodge IMO. Dodging takes no skill. They should dodge less against everyone, not just against classes with high hit%. Alongside with that either the damage needs to be reduced or the armor/health pool needs to get bumped up, so the fight won't be over after two skills and combos would finally make sense again. Those are stats that are not luck dependent.

Being skilled should pay off again, not being lucky.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub