26 Posts

Who ever doesnt want ffa make your own room boot thw ffa'ers proble solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skrapicoco View Post
    Who ever doesnt want ffa make your own room boot thw ffa'ers proble solved
    lol you would have to make a new game after every round cause you can't boot after 1st round

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Has no one seen my guild name "FFA" and my old sig? "Bringing back FFA with style" lawl

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Where?
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Janesaddiction View Post
    Been watching the forum for a lonnnnnng time. This is the only thread I finally felt the want to register for. I'm a nobody but I've been around long enough and played enough games to know this "go" system has to go...

I'll be with aze... All games will be FFA to me unless locked. Get your boot buttons ready. This isn't chess, it's pvp.

-multi tasking on the elliptical
    GL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    Most of us know at one point PL was a mass FFA in their PvP, now everything has changed with time and it has been over run with the "go system". This system came around with players egos that were hurt and wanted to "prove" themselves. I've been on AL and see the same thing happening, players coming in to the only CTF/PvP map saying "it takes no skill spamming attacks in a group", I just tell them to spam skills back..duh. I've talked to many people and as of February 1st we will begin "rushing" when we enter a PvP map. If you want no part of open PvP maps make a locked game and play with your friends there, If you want to bring this back like we do we will begin February 1st. Why give a notice? so the word can go around some and the players whos feelings get hurt bringing this back will have time to tell his friends it is no long "safe" to make open PvP rooms a chat room.

The time has changed, lets bring back our FFA once and for all!
    I don't know why but I hope this fails, I'm not against bringing FFA back but forcing it is a little. . . Forced?
    When there is too much

Don't forget

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenixking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

couldn't say any better.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    Thank you for the final reason to leave pvp. You may say to me why just make locked games? It is because you can't have a nice 3-3 go game. At least with my friend list. I enjoyed being able to join a random game without haveing to worry about being spawned, and please don't say you'll wait for me to buff, you want, you'll attack like a tiger hungry for kills.
    Why don't you and your body's make a locked or unlocked game, and make it FFA. Why inflict this on everyone? I have to agree with angel, it is a tad selfish. Ruining everyone's pvp experience so you and your osse can have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    FFA cannot be forced. That's all I'm saying. You think you're the first to try a "Im gonna rush everyone with my rushing squad" idea to bring back FFA? You think wrong. The only true return to FFA will be when people forget about kdr and FFA for fun like everyone used to.

Paaahudd is the greatest pvper I know. He didn't give a crap about kdr and guess what? He was a 1v1 die hard. That doesn't mean that he didn't FFA. It means he didn't rush. There is a massive difference between rushing and FFA. Until you learn this like I did your pvp is going to be quite miserable indeed. Please don't go learn it the hard way like I did.

Peace
    This is how it should be..ppl like aze that rush/ffa and pick on noobs only do that to improve their kdr. The "GO" system actually gives both side a equal chance to prepare each other and fight when ready. This is what makes PL pvp very unique from others. FFA has no talent or skill needed....sometimes u die and sometimes the other cause they either have low health or ran out of buffs. I believe even the tourny uses the go system. PPl use the go system to see how they can improve themselves against other classes...but ffa/rushing simply tells me ppl care about their kdr and take the game so serious like real life.
    I doubt you and others will bring ffa back.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Multibird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    Most of us know at one point PL was a mass FFA in their PvP, now everything has changed with time and it has been over run with the "go system". This system came around with players egos that were hurt and wanted to "prove" themselves. I've been on AL and see the same thing happening, players coming in to the only CTF/PvP map saying "it takes no skill spamming attacks in a group", I just tell them to spam skills back..duh. I've talked to many people and as of February 1st we will begin "rushing" when we enter a PvP map. If you want no part of open PvP maps make a locked game and play with your friends there, If you want to bring this back like we do we will begin February 1st. Why give a notice? so the word can go around some and the players whos feelings get hurt bringing this back will have time to tell his friends it is no long "safe" to make open PvP rooms a chat room.

The time has changed, lets bring back our FFA once and for all!
    This is my solution. If "go" games are so universal why don't we make it widely known that if you wish to host a "go" game without FFA players interrupting we password protect all "go" games with the simple/universal password "GO"... feel like that would fix things real fast. If FFA players still join with using the "go" password and play FFA while in game then go hunt them down they brought it upon their selves. I am an inexperienced PVP myself and FFA is the way the game is designed and the way I will play unless I agree to special circumstances otherwise. I understand the "go" system allows for actual skill to be shown but as far as straight up PVP matches they should be fast, fun, and random. That is how STS programmed it and that's how a lot of players including most noobs know/like to play.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLegend View Post
    This is my solution. If "go" games are so universal why don't we make it widely known that if you wish to host a "go" game without FFA players interrupting we password protect all "go" games with the simple/universal password "GO"... feel like that would fix things real fast. If FFA players still join with using the "go" password and play FFA while in game then go hunt them down they brought it upon their selves. I am an inexperienced PVP myself and FFA is the way the game is designed and the way I will play unless I agree to special circumstances otherwise. I understand the "go" system allows for actual skill to be shown but as far as straight up PVP matches they should be fast, fun, and random. That is how STS programmed it and that's how a lot of players including most noobs know/like to play.
    LoL Avid!!!

But who are these 'most' noobs who have you asked and surveyed? Or is it just the experience you gained from playing your one game? ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    LoL Avid!!!

But who are these 'most' noobs who have you asked and surveyed? Or is it just the experience you gained from playing your one game? ;p
    Let me clarify for those who are of under-average intelligence/stubborn... by most noobs I mean noobs [players who know little about the game] which would have no idea unless they were experienced PVP. There is no text page that opens when trying to play PVP that states "Hey welcome to PL's PVP. You can play either FFA or "go" games. Here is how a FFA or "go" game is played for your information, etc" When you know little about PVP in general you join a game and all you basically know is you are either blue or red and you want to kill the other color team. Once you spawn you are in danger and you need to kill others and defend your team. You will likely die a lot and get killed by experienced players but that is the fun of FFA. To have players yell at you for rushing and call you a noob and be rude because you are simply inexperienced is harsh. Especially when they could have easily password protected their non-programmed version of PVP, which I will clarify is also necessary. I see the point of "go" games. They are required for any type of real measurement of skill. KD's are BS if anyone bases their skill on it they are trying to compare sea shells to dollars. KD can both be farmed and random. You think you are better then 1v1 in a "go" game [that's password protected mind you] and really test your abilities. Its the same in call of duty black ops. I mess around and quickscope noobs for the fun of it because games are meant to be fun. My KD is no where near what others have, but if I 1v1 in a private match not an open online lobby then I can prove my self worth. Point being "go" games though more popular among experienced PL adepts is not how the game was programmed and should take very easy but special precausions such as password protecting with the word "go" so that other inexperienced "noobs" like myself can still have fun and not worry about stepping on the wrong persons toes and getting hunted.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Let me clarify for those who are of under-average intelligence/stubborn...
    Yes I'm stubborn but u love me that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    lol you would have to make a new game after every round cause you can't boot after 1st round
    True XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I see a locksmith nearby..
    Doodlebeast, Onyxbleak, Magnabeam, Vacuole
    I bes ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Let me clarify for those who are of under-average intelligence/stubborn... by most noobs I mean noobs [players who know little about the game] which would have no idea unless they were experienced PVP. There is no text page that opens when trying to play PVP that states "Hey welcome to PL's PVP. You can play either FFA or "go" games. Here is how a FFA or "go" game is played for your information, etc" When you know little about PVP in general you join a game and all you basically know is you are either blue or red and you want to kill the other color team. Once you spawn you are in danger and you need to kill others and defend your team. You will likely die a lot and get killed by experienced players but that is the fun of FFA. To have players yell at you for rushing and call you a noob and be rude because you are simply inexperienced is harsh. Especially when they could have easily password protected their non-programmed version of PVP, which I will clarify is also necessary. I see the point of "go" games. They are required for any type of real measurement of skill. KD's are BS if anyone bases their skill on it they are trying to compare sea shells to dollars. KD can both be farmed and random. You think you are better then 1v1 in a "go" game [that's password protected mind you] and really test your abilities. Its the same in call of duty black ops. I mess around and quickscope noobs for the fun of it because games are meant to be fun. My KD is no where near what others have, but if I 1v1 in a private match not an open online lobby then I can prove my self worth. Point being "go" games though more popular among experienced PL adepts is not how the game was programmed and should take very easy but special precausions such as password protecting with the word "go" so that other inexperienced "noobs" like myself can still have fun and not worry about stepping on the wrong persons toes and getting hunted.
    Those average intelligence stubborn noobs are gonna kick your butt so hard that you'll probably end up changing your in game name. I always laugh at people who think they can take on the entire PL population.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Those average intelligence stubborn noobs are gonna kick your butt so hard that you'll probably end up changing your in game name. I always laugh at people who think they can take on the entire PL population.
    Let me clarify again Micah. My post about the original post saying I'm in was based off of know knowledge about what was actually being discussed. I am new to forums and was trying to jump in. I agree that FFA is something I want to see more of which is why I felt the need to support this thread however I do not condone joining "go" matches on purpose in order to do so. I believe that "go" game players however or extremely hostile to 'rushers' or people like my self with little PVP knowledge described in posts above. I am in no way trying to take on anyone or force my opinion upon others but rather suggest an easy solution which is obviously necessary. I specifically mentioned under-average intelligence/stubborn people because I was discussing it with angel and I called her out for being stubborn but the rest of the readers I hoped understood my point first time reading it, if not I believe it could be a result of their lack of intelligence thus the clarification is also relevant to them. That's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Also, players have been discussing with me that this is an issue, the rivalry between FFA players and "go" game players. And the easy solution to prevent unnecessary hunting of non rude players who step on the wrong toes joining open games and assuming they are FFA like myself and a majority of uninformed noobs, is to password protect "go" games. They debate why should "go" player have to password protect their games if they are the debatable majority, and this is my answer... If you play and FFA game and a "go" player joins trying to play "go" then the dynamics of the game doesn't change for those playing FFA. You can yell go all you want while I'm buffing and attacking you. That is on that individual.the game isn't ruined. However, if you play a "go" game and a player joins trying to play FFA then the game is ruined because they are 'rushing'. In order to prevent either non experienced or uninformed or simply amateur FFA players who play FFA style because its how the game is programmed from becoming yelled at or hunted, which in my opinion is just as bad/forceful as pushing FFA on other purposely then they can just password protect their games [with a universal password even like "go" that everyone would know]. It seems if given the choice between spending 2 seconds typing go in the password line or spending weeks continually hunting players your time is better spent password protecting and enjoying the game. If someone FFA's in a password protected "go" game that's different. Hunt away! They asked for it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Also note that because of my lack of PVP experience my opinions are specifically meant to prevent the hostility of players hunting other players. Though I don't PVP I have experienced this because my guild became hunted and players from PVP guilds would PM me and my guild mates rude and inappropriate messages all because one of my inexperienced members rushed a FFA game without knowing better. So I speak from experience. But this is not in anyway for me a hostile discussion I am merely stating my facts and opinions to have considered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

^^ You lost everybody's attention with your 5 paragraph essay.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Those not willing to read to understand cant complain or retaliate ;-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Those not willing to read to understand cant complain or retaliate ;-P
    I read the 5 paragraph essay I'm used to Guild Wars forums where people literally write a book with every post. Lol

Anyways, I see what you're saying. I think there's one thing that I should point out to you. There are not two separate groups in pvp which are "FFA" players and "1v1" players. Rather there are two separate groups of "FFA/1v1" players and "rushers." Everyone always says that "FFA is how it used to be." That's really funny. I don't care how it used to be and I think they would agree. We all want it how it (key word -->) ought to be. The best example of how it ought to be, (again as I'm sure everyone would agree) is how it was during the sewer cap. What was it like then? Well, rushing was extremely frowned upon. However, FFA was not. In fact, most of the time everyone would yell "FFA Go!" And then we'd go at it. There were times when we would hang around chatting and 1v1ing (heaven forbid that we should ever chat in an arena!) but most of the time we would FFA.

I suggest that, if people want to FFA so badly, they should start promoting it in game by saying stuff like "Let's FFA!" After all, it seems a whole lot of people want to FFA so bad that they're willing to risk their reputation, their kdr, and their overall gameplay for bringing back FFA. Why not just ask? It would save a lot of useless drama.

Btw, you're not a noob bro. I can tell just by the way you write your posts that you're very intelligent.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 02-01-2013 at 12:23 PM.