Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
If you are a warrior with 3800 health, then 3% is equivalient to 114 health, or the same that 11 STR gives you. If you are a sorcerer with 2500 health, then 3% is 75 health which is the same as 7+ STR points. It does make a difference. You don't know how many times in PvP I've been down to 2% health after a rogue aimed shot, but then managed to stun them, heal myself a little, and then chop them down before they recovered from the stun.

The damage reduction values are worthless for PvE. If you are in a pack of mobs and taking say, 500 dps, the 3% will reduce it to a whopping 485 dps. Boss fight, you are taking 1000 hp hits all things being equal you would take 970 hp damage. Yeah, it's a difference, and that would probably mean something if potions had a 20 second cool down or whatever, but since they don't and can be spammed NPC dps is so high that a warrior with 4k hp and 1100 armor can go splat faster than he can spam potions---please, someone show me how 3% makes any practical difference outside of number on a calculator.

The value Shiloh had of 12% was fine..STS argument that it would be unbalancing was utterly ridiculous because the same argument could be made for flat damage % increase pets..15% more damage at 31 is going to be substantially more than at level 16. Additionally, if higher DR values were so unbalancing why can the elixirs still be purchased?