This has been bothering me since day one, but I figured sooner or later it'll change.
However, I've been browsing these forums every day since this game has been released, and I've not yet seen a single complaint about the current Skill Descriptions.

Which has made me believe I'm the only one bothered by this.

Either way, I decided I'd just throw it out there.

The current Skill Descriptions are misleading, wrong and very vague.

The Skills you use in this game are crucial, moreso than your gear and spec imo.

Firstly, a few of the skills are completely wrong and/or misleading.

Like the Taunt skill of the Warrior. It says it costs 25, yet it can still be used when you have absolutely no mana. Go ahead, check for yourself.

There are multiple skills that give incorrect information, my battery is way to low to test them all right now, but I'm sure many of you have come across them.

Next up, we have vague.

I'll reuse the Warriors taunt as an example.
"Pull enemies away from your friends!"
Cost 25. +Dodge chance per rank.

Cost 25 what ?
How much Dodge chance ?

New example: Enchantress' Ice Storm.
"Snare targets in a bone-chilling ice storm"
Cost 25. +Freeze time per rank.

Cost 25 what ?
How much freeze time ?
It doesen't even mention how long your opponents are frozen for in the first place.

I got a ton of examples, drain life, Nightmare, Magic shield and so forth.
Actually, it's more like half the skills in the entire game.

Speaking of Nightmare, some items have a vague description too.

I'll use my Warrior's Elf Guard's Blade of Darkness as an example.
"Now with NIGHTMARE proc!"
98-128 Damage, 2.0 Speed, 2 Str, 1% hit, 1 Armor.

As you can clearly see, the weapons stats is very well shown. No question about that.
However, what is Nightmare proc ? What does it do ? Duration ? What's the proc chance ?
Also, what does "proc" mean ? I know, but someone new to MMORPGs or RPGs in general will not know.

Now I've explained what it is I think needs to be improved (Just my personal opinion, I'm not demanding anything).

Now I'll explain what I suggest could be done.

Skills descriptions should have a general setup.

"Skill Name"
"Description"
"Details"

Let's use Warriors Vengeful Slash as an example:

VENGEFUL SLASH
Slash your enemies for extra damage!
Cost: 10 Magic, +5 Damage, +2 Knock-back, 15 Second Cooldown.
Rank 2: +6 Damage, +3 Knock-back.
Rank 3: +7 Damage, +4 Knock-back.
Rank 4: +8 Damage, +5 Knock-back.
Rank 5: +9 Damage, +6 Knock-back.

That was just to show the format, the numbers there are probably incorrect, seeing as I have no idea how much damage Vengeful Slash does, how much Knock-back it has, or what the cooldown is for it.
Why ?
Because it does not specify.

What it currently says is:
VENGEFUL SLASH
Slash your enemies for extra damage!
Cost 10. +Damage, +Knock-back per rank.

Honestly, does ANYONE perfer what it currently says to my suggestion ?
Anyone at all ?

I've played MMORPG's for along time, and it's all about making your character as powerful as absolutely possible.
That means knowing every single bit of information regarding your character and said character's setup.
Especially now with PVP coming out, I need to know exactly how to maximize my damage output in the shortest ammount of time, I need to know how many seconds my skills need to cool down before I can reuse them, I need to know exactly how much damage they do, which then allows me to know the exact number it will crit for if the oponent has zero armor.

Again, that was just an example, but you catch my drift.
Skills are important.
Knowing your skills and how to use them will get you further than any piece of loot or ammount of gold could ever do.