Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can there be more done about scammers?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Can there be more done about scammers?

Enough is enough. Yesterday I was selling a mythic item. The person in question (who shall remain anonymous due to TOS but I'll gladly reveal in game or pm) offered to buy my item. This person was so convincing in his part he even haggled as an honest player would. Eventually I accepted his offer for money, a vlad egg and a locked.

During this time he kept adding extra locked and eggs and stopping trade for "mistakes". Sensing treachery afoot I canceled the trade and told him to forget it as I smelled a scam. He acted apalled as if I mistrusted him, he wouldn't scam blah blah.

I told him I would give him one more chance to finish the trade cleanly but I'd be watching carefully.

Same thing adding and removing when as you can guess, a zero went missing.

I quickly canceled and by time I was gonna click on him to report he was gone. I pmd him telling him he was done as I was reporting, his reaction? Laughing.

Now I humbly ask everyone, should that be the reaction of someone who just caught red handed? Is that a risk that someone to whom I blatantly said I would be watching because I was suspicious would take? Not at all.

Why do they do this? STS' lack of punishment to these people gives them free room to this over and over again, this lack of accountability is disgusting.

What do you think happens to people who hack on xbox live or have pirate consoles? Banned
    Sts slaps their wrist and whats worse the victim usually find themselves lost.

I have submitted humorous reports, with screenshots no less, and yesterday was no exception. Not once have I heard from them about it. What's worse their method for reporting requires that you click on the player to get the option.

Yesterday I didn't even get a chance and simply submitted via regular email to support, who knows if they even read it.

In conclusion from this meaningless player in the grand scheme of things, enough is enough.
    Last edited by Terracio; 11-06-2013 at 12:54 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Terracio For This Useful Post: