Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can there be more done about scammers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

One of my friends got banned after one FALSE accustation, report, was something else as scamming, but it was only ONE report (someone was just mean), yet the reall scammers with a lot of evidence and reports run around freely and laugh at their victims.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

People expect an immediate visual difference when someones reported and thats never the case. Think about how many people get reported a day for accurate AND non accurate reasons. Each one requires a very close investigation because if the wrong action was taken on someone that spent real money in game and is now getting banned for a silly reason, it'd be bad buisiness for STS. Things like this take man power and time so if you want less content and updates but more immediate report reactions then that's pretty much what you're asking for. Don't worry; justice will prevail
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

If someone adds something, is it most of the time a scam. Always check it anyway
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drawfflerz View Post
    Fym, all scammer will do that dirty job using a low level player that look like rich people. If someone want to buy your item, make sure he use his real account, not low level o twink account. Thanks. Learn from mistake.
    Sorry but need a little correction here. Lvl 0 player or lvl 1 cant use trade with lvl capped player, not even gift. Try it.. It needs some certain lvl to do trade and gift to low lvl. So all u have to do just be careful, careful on sweet offer that seems too goo to be true. Like someone said above me, if wanna buy, ask him to use his main char.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

My suggestion for a fix, the SELLER types in the amount of gold he expects. Here's the object, here's the gold i expect, buyer can only accept or reject.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

We do ban players for this sort of behavior that is in violation of the terms of service.

Unfortunately, when we receive a complaint it usually reads, "This guy scammed me!" and no details about when or what.

When you do report an attempted or successful scam, please include as much detail about what happened as possible to help our Customer Support Team investigate.

Also, we generally do not reply to the person submitting the report as we do not discuss disciplinary actions on an account with anyone but that account holder.

Also, you should know that we are adding comma delimiters to all numerical values in the Crafting and Upgrading client (that hopefully will be out this month if all goes well with the Apple review process). That should help make this scam much harder to pull off.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    We do ban players for this sort of behavior that is in violation of the terms of service.

Unfortunately, when we receive a complaint it usually reads, "This guy scammed me!" and no details about when or what.

When you do report an attempted or successful scam, please include as much detail about what happened as possible to help our Customer Support Team investigate.

Also, we generally do not reply to the person submitting the report as we do not discuss disciplinary actions on an account with anyone but that account holder.

Also, you should know that we are adding comma delimiters to all numerical values in the Crafting and Upgrading client (that hopefully will be out this month if all goes well with the Apple review process). That should help make this scam much harder to pull off.

Thanks!
    Yes commas are a nice addon but i think the trading window can be improved more. Here is an example:

You advertise an item for 200 k. (200000)
    A buyer comes and trades with you.
    The seller should have a button where he inputs the advertised price of 200 k.
    The buyer adds 20k (20000)
    The confirm button DOESNT appear because the asked price does not match the gold offered.
    The buyer removes the gold and adds 200k and now the confirm button appears.

Yet the commas should do the trick for most players.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 11-06-2013 at 04:07 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razrl View Post
    I can't understant how can be peaple scammed this way when you have to accept trade for two times.Use your brain trade carfuly and you won't get scammed. Only way to avoid hackers is usibg your brain and when someone try to scam you report him (/report_playername)
    Please, some people open 2 trade windows and you can PHYSICALLY see the scam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Yes commas are a nice addon but i think the trading window can be improved more. Here is an example:

You advertise an item for 200 k. (200000)
    A buyer comes and trades with you.
    The seller should have a button where he inputs the advertised price of 200 k.
    The buyer adds 20k (20000)
    The confirm button DOESNT appear because the asked price does not match the gold offered.
    The buyer removes the gold and adds 200k and now the confirm button appears.

Yet the commas should do the trick for most players.
    So you're basically asking for an internal gold amount verification process similar to the one in the CS?

Where if you don't have the gold, you don't get permission to receive what you you're trying to buy with a 'you don't have enough gold to buy this item" error message?

Sounds extra legit if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    So you're basically asking for an internal gold amount verification process similar to the one in the CS?

Where if you don't have the gold, you don't get permission to receive what you you're trying to buy with a 'you don't have enough gold to buy this item" error message?

Sounds extra legit if you ask me.
    Its foolproof imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    Dude your in the wrong tread. This tread is not about the midas touch AP.

Please read carefully what is the reason he / she stated above.
    No, I posted in the right thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

i made a new suggestion for anti-scamming

read

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-anti-scamming

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Thanks!
    Fantastic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk now Free

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)