Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP "guild wars"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Default PvP "guild wars"

I've observed, ever since I started PvP on a twink, that certain guilds legiteamently hate each other. They ruthlessly gang each other for the other ganging each other. No one remembers who started the fued, but either party will blame the later.

I tried to make peace on my own and just play friendly. However, as one of the stronger guild members I was given the option of helping at least sometimes in clashes, or to leave. I had more close friends in the guild so I, unhappily, aggred. I tried frivolously to bring order refusing to purposefully gang and only "trash talking" when directly insulted for no reason. I give a sarcastic jive in retort and try to live on, it is just a game​​​​. If no one insults me I hardly speak.

After awhile I saw that no matter how polite I tried to be I would still receive accusatory, hateful, and sometimes vulgar personal messages over being "<insert guild name> scum." I usually respond with a lengthy history lesson over how many people hate specific groups of people over time. Details and names unnecessary. We can all think of some group or organization that hates people for what we even label foolish reasons. Many wars have been caused over hating a group over a person.

I am currently trying for the PvP APs, so I am in end game PvP quite often. I see the same story from my twink days. It shows a lack of character, in my opinion, to ever say "your a <ganger/noob> <insert player name" when the only reason your saying it is a title. I have had the following conversation more times than I can count:

Person: "Your a <ganger/noob> Crowsfoot"
    Me: "How so?"

<At this point they either answer and have a real conversation, spam "Lol," or log off>

Person: "Your guild gangs people"
    Me: "But I didn't, did I?"
    Person: "Your guildies ganged me today!"
    Me: "So you hate people in my guild, no me?"
    Person: "All of <insert guild name> are ganging noobs"
    Me: "False, I don't gang. I did however see you spawn kill me last game"
    Person: "Because your guild did"
    Me: "So if a player on a sports team breaks the law, The whole team should go to prison"
    Person: "Lol, that's entirely different"
    Me: "It really isn't"

<Spams "Lol," or logs off>

---

It's a shame. I just wanted to point out that people shouldn't be judged by a title, and not a book by its cover. I don't know if anyone will take this to heart, but I figured I'd share my views.

---

I'd also like to define some term. These are my definitions and opinions on it.

Offensive Team's Offenses:

Ganging= purposefully attacking someone in a larger group.
    - if you are being ganged, point it out I close the opponents menu since it limits my range of view. I always sit or leave once I notice uneven sides.
    - request 1v1 if the map is closed. 1v1 is impossible to gang at unless your opponent (might be someone on their team and not them) truly is a "dirty" player.
    - if your team leaves mid clash, I finish the clash. This is not ganging. Leave if your team bails, no one will blame you they were the cowards.
    - to add on to the previous point, if you have less players on your team and run into the clash it is your fault, stay in the spawn and call or leave. If you run into a clash you are attacking and the "gangers" (who aren't gangers) are really defending themselves.

Spawning= running into an opponent's spawn and killing them before they can leave the spawn.
    - I will follow you into a spawn if you run into it after exiting. Reentering a spawn is called camping. Reference that definition under "Defending Team's Offenses."
    - If the other team is spawning, leave. I leave when it happens. No point fighting 1v5.
    = Running back into the respawn to avoid dying.
    - If you jet from a clash into the respawn I will follow you.
    - This is extremely cowardly, we all die sometimes. If you want to run, run, but don't run to the respawn hoping a team mate with a bible will save you.
    - Run to a base, heal pack, ect. but don't go to a spawn.

Defensive Team's Offenses:

Camping: Running back to the respawn to avoid dying.
    - Once you leave a respawn, stay out.
    - Running to where your team has the bubble isn't fair, if you want to run go anywhere besides a respawn.
    - It is the most frustrating thing to me when campers accuse you of spawn killing. I would never be in your spawn if you didn't run back in.

Leaving While Under Attack= leaving mid clash to avoid your opponent getting a well deserved kill.
    - You still gain a death. If you know your team is going to lose leave after respawning. There is no shame leaving after dying. I leave matches I know are lost.
    - If you manage to run away from a clash (without going to a spawn) and no one is attacking you, leave all you wish. Its not polite in the eyes of many players, but I see nothing wrong with it (doesn't mean its not annoying, you just didn't do anything wrong).
    - If you are being ganged or spawned the other team should be ashamed and you can leave while being attacked.
    - You hurt your team a lot. You aggravate everyone in the game doing this.
    - Some people may DC and do this on accident. I won't believe you though if you just so happen to "DC" every time you are about to die.

Feel free to post your views on my "definitions" and opinions on them.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 01-25-2014 at 03:12 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post: