Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tips and Tricks to NOT DC!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,023 Posts

Default Tips and Tricks to NOT DC!

Hey Arlor, we know that a fix IS coming for our disconnection problems. Many of us have figured out some ways to avoid a lot of the disconnections, and yes it's anecdotal but speaking as a mage who ran for hours straight without DC it's pretty good advice.

1. Only run in a party of 3. Parties of 4 will DC. Guaranteed. Even if you have someone in the party but not zoned in the map you will DC. Run in threes.

2. Reduce any particle effects on your vanity. Pick your most plain without anything blinking or moving. For my mage I used founders. Do NOT use Halloween vanities. Skip wearing a banner altogether.

3. Mages DO NOT DROP CLOCK. I know Sam said it's cool, but I will tell you it's not. Mage without a clock is really lame but disconnecting is even worse. I ran wind, light, ice, and fire as my skills. Yeah the mobs will be chasing you but ice those mages and you're golden.

4. Reduce spinning weapons and/or para gems if you can. I used my elon rifle instead of the kersh which has a spinning object. One run I tried out the new planar claw and it spins and drops the spinning crystal. Guess what happened? I disconnected. So expedition rifle, tindirin staff, myth rifle, all of those are good. I did have Para gem in ring and seemed to be OK, but others have said running without the para gem particle effect helps as well.

5. Pull small, and gradually increase the pulls until you find the sweet spot without being disconnected. We did experience disconnection on larger pulls, but found we could pull moderately once we cut back on the other bells and whistles off our toons.

Mages certainly do have the MOST going on with their spells and weapons and in my experience with a WiFi connection running off fiber-to-the-home I am still one of the first to disconnect. So everyone keep it simple. Follow these steps and your disconnection will not totally go away but will be greatly reduced. It felt SO GOOD to run for a few hours and not have sweaty palms stressing that disconnect.

To any DEVS that are reading this, please give us that update soon on the status of the game. We want some technical details so we can understand what happened.

Thanks everyone and see you in Arlor!!!!

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post: