Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A new players take at Arcane Legends: Disheartening :(

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to say that AL is a great game. Not so sure about the 1% people who make a newbie's play disheartening when it comes to this game. I just wanted to express my opinion, and love the game AL is. I am, however, sad to see how players use newbies for scamming and scamming alone.

Here is the incident that happened:

I started playing Arcane Legends some 3-4 days ago. Read everything that was available related to AL, and started farming for locked crates in order to obtain my Leprechaun Pendants. I made around 200k in 3 days, and was feeling quite nice that I was about to have my leprechaun. At this time, a guy comes up and asks me to buy blinky selling at 180k. It was a good deal, already, and I asked him to trade for 160k. He kept on doing something that did not let me confirm the trade. I thought it was an error in my clicking the confirm button. So I pressed confirm many times. At the end, just after clicking confirm (final), I noticed that he gave me BLIGHT egg. A total loss of 155k around.

That sucked. But, I understand that happens. So, I private message this guy, and give a vain attempt to ask him to revert back the money, if possible. What he tells me is that I should do the same, and probably try using the same trick with BLINKY vs BLIGHT or FROST vs FRIST eggs. Wow. Impressive

On top of that, he ignored me. So, now I can not report him for scam, since I can't inspect him.

Anyways, I really farmed a lot (I mean a lot) to make that money. I don't think I am gonna be able to do that, again. Just wanted the guys who created AL to know that although people may love AL, you should do something more rigorous to avoid scamming like this, esp. for newbies.

Before someone says that how we can do that, here is a thought: maybe place a minimum restriction of say 20% of market price or something similar.

Anyways, I am offline for now. Really feel bad to see all the efforts of last 3 days went to drain. Maybe tomorrow will be good, and I will be back for AL
    Last edited by nikhgupta; 01-05-2015 at 01:33 PM.