Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Remiem's Weekly Community Update | February 18, 2015

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

[QUOTE=Maarkus;2057964]
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    The love just doesn't stop flowin'!

In Other News

Class Balance/Skill System
    As we continue to dive into the idea of revamping the Arcane Legends skill system, the real scope of the project is becoming clearer and...it's HUGE. The skills in Arcane Legends are such a fundamental part of the game, with hundreds of thousands of players who have built their strategies around the skills that have been around since the beginning of time. Arlor time, that is. So, the reality of the situation is that the skill system update is something that we are going to have to take our time on. That amount of time is still undetermined, but as you can imagine, changing such a core game feature needs love--rush it, and the results could be catastrophic.

In the meantime, we do plan on actively pursuing a more balanced Arlor. As we continue development on new content, we will be better catering the content to class balance. This means things like: mechanics that require the skills of each class, not just balance. While your suggestions on stat tweaks are much appreciated and immensely helpful, making blanket changes to class stats could have unexpected and far-reaching effects on the game. Doing so would take extensive planning, testing and tweaking, much like the skill system. We will keep you updated on long terms plans on the balance front, but for now know that we will be taking the small steps necessary in the meantime to give every class an important role and purpose in our upcoming content.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Remiem,
    Thanks for the updates, much appreciated as usual

Thank you also for the transparency And honestly that sts is not sure when the skill will be fixed. I takws a lot to admit that one doesnt know but in mentioning that can certain things be dne that is withon the current skill system?

I only play the warrior class so im going to be warrior pve specific here.

The reason why i put this across is that as mentioned and quite known, the warrior class is the least efficient endgame pve farming class thus with that parties rarely need a warrior. The threath here is that as the new expan is comming and farming will be essential we may face another demographic being alienated from farming. I understand that you are looking into maps that will need a mix class combination to run but at the moment can you kind look at the warrior skills and review.

Chestsplitter has an upgrade called staggering blow; the cancell boss wind up was 'disabled' sometime in season 3, can this be enabled/activated again as this was and can be the saving grace of warriors in a party. The red zone fixes are being implemented this will just enable different classes to go range albut if a warrior can cancell the boss and mob windup then we can have a chance at being and integral cmponent in the farming party
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  810.1 KB

Aside from this, armor reduction is another avenue where warrior can benefit a farming party. Which is also already i tegrated into our skills. Axe throw has this option (skill upgrade : Denting Blow) though it is only 10percent, and i assume its duration is 1sec can this be modified to atleast 30percent armor reduction and last atleast 2seconds?
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  807.4 KB

I push and appeal for such changes as mentioned i other threads the warrior class efficientcy in PVE farming is near obsolete and the proposed skill solution... For chestsplitter its not even a buff , inonly suggest to bring back the upgrade as it is not active. For axe throw it is a buff but a much needed one.

I have seen enough fellow warriors change to rogues just to farm, and enough social alienation for warrior class thus i really hope you that my suggestions seriously.

Thanks for reading

Maarkus
    I agree.

Having full functionality, at the least, would tide me over until the skill system is redone. Otherwise, warriors will have little to no luck finding parties for elites for another year? The skill system revamp was mentioned early last year. We don't want to rush a major overhaul but at the same time we want to be able to play, farm, etc for the time being. This is the only class that I find ridiculous to even consider solo-running an elite too.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post: