Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Default This could make PVP fun again for everyone

Hey Everyone,

Now first of all all credits go to shinytoy, GM for his interest in the issue showing clearly that our fun in the game is important to him and all the other posters on the thread, I just felt that his thread has reached a stage where everyone should get involved not only those that browse through the AL PVP forum.

Bear in mind that its so long because im basically putting two pages of comments and posts with good suggestions in one.
    K/D means Kill/Death.

The link to shinytoy's thread is at the bottom of this post however below I wrote some sort of a resume, that will hopefully give you enough of an idea what the current issues are. If its possible I would like to ask you to comment on this thread so that more players see it, therefore not only those looking through the AL PVP forum will have a say in it but all of the players.

In my opinion the more people get involved the more brains we have to work on this.

Problems raised by shinytoy

-K/D ratio lovers gang prey on the weak etc. and basically do everything to keep those kills rolling in.
    -Fair players get more and more annoyed with PVP
    -Newbies dont dare enter for fear of being farmed like the Jarl for kills.

Shinytoys idea was to introduce a map were players would be grouped according to their K/D ratio.

Problems raised by GM

-Would smurfing be a problem?
    -Would people either create alts to beat up on lower level players
    -People deliberately tank their KDR to continue fighting against weaker competition
    -A leaderboard for wins could introduce the problem of smurfing
    -Would your KDR reset when a season changes or persist across seasons?
    -This change would be extremely disruptive to the current PvP, it could be so drastic as to completely change the game.
    -If this is implemented for just one map would players want to play that map
    -Wouldn't that just segregate the PvP players even more
    -If a reward system for fighting against weaker and stronger opponets where to be introduced how would we adjust this for our top players who have worked very hard for their kills.

The solutions to those problems written by me but basing some of thosel ideas on what I've read in the below posted link.

-Using morgys idea of ranks we dont allow players that are much better in the k/d ratio, the k/d ratio being what defines your rank, to kill newbies or unskilled and undergeared players, they can still fight them and "kill" them but the kill wont count to their stats.

-The difference in K/D ratio that decides when the kill will be counted or not, is something that would need to be defined but its doable.

-Gangers would be discouraged to keep ganging as those kills for their k/d ratio wont count once they pass a certain difference of k/d ratio in comparison to their victims and therefore will be ganging with no purpose.

-Due to a reduced fear of significantly worsening your K/D ratio a more tactical aspect would be introduced to PVP

-K/D ratio map still necessary, as top players want to have the opportunity to be in maps where they play against their own and the same goes for not yet so good players.

-A K/D ratio map would also make it easier for players that want to increase their kill count as they neednt worry about encountering someone in pvp that they cant kill.

-Introducing a global K/D count and a seasonal K/D count that will both be viewable, so as to give everyone a chance for the leaderboard vanity.

- K/D ratio map should only be an option, not the only map

-After some time players with similar gear and similar gear will be grouped into the same K/D ratio maps due to the resetting of Seasonal Kill count

-In normal maps players will still encounter others that have a much better or much worse K/D ratio but with the above mentioned system it wouldn't push the weaker one to quit the map as his deaths wouldn't count

-By enjoying PVP with this system, Newbies will get experience and learn to fight better and their k/d ratio will improve and we will be basically gaining many more players for pvp.

-Pro players that have bad K/D ratio and would like to fight those that only kill Newbies will have the opportunity to do so eventually at latest with the resetting of the Seasonal K/D ratio, if a K/D ratio map were to be introduced.

-For those top players who have a very high legitimate k/d ratio the solution would be the point where the ranks system would come in to play, after a certain difference in k/d ratio players will get put into some kind of champions rank, at which point a player gets into such a rank would have to be still pondered upon.

-Needs to be the point where it becomes obvious that players who have surpassed a certain K/D ratio number are very skilled and geared and therefore could be put into that top rank.

-This would serve players like ruthien and enterradora that have a K/D of over 30 to be reunited whith players of lets say a K/D ratio of 7 in the same rank, so those top top players dont get left alone, applicable in my opinion to the K/D ratio map aswell as to the rank in which they still get kills.

-The figures ive given are in no way accurate, just random numbers, the Devs have a much better idea as to which K/D ratio numbers could be grouped together.

I in no way mean to breach the rules of this forum and if I do in this post please notify me and remember I did so unkowingly.

Here the link to the thread if you wish to see the rest of the comments,
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ased-map/page2

I have tried to make it as structured as possible to have a better reading experience and I hope you found it interesting.

Cheers,
    Oez.
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 06-17-2015 at 05:51 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post: