Thread: The Stupid In-Game Rumors Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default The Stupid In-Game Rumors Thread

C'mon, we've all heard them. Somebody runs around spreading a rumor and it spreads like wildfire. Here's just a few:

1. As a level, say, 20, you'll get more XP by trying to play in the Sewers than you would in AO1. (Sorry, there's an XP cap. If the threat level on an enemy is red, you get the highest amount of XP, it doesn't matter if the map is 8 or whatever levels "above" you or 20.)

2. Gathering massive numbers of people into a Towne will cause a Dev to arrive and shower everyone with goodies. (To the best of my knowledge not true.)

3. That if you fight Vyxnaar X number of times, you're assured of getting a Vyx helm. (Still a random drop. Might get it from one fight. Might take a thousand.)

4. That, as a level 4, uttering the magic words, "Please don't boot" will cause you to not be booted from the Bandit Stronghold. (Generally, I don't boot. I will advise you of truth of rumor 1 and let your conscious be your guide. If that doesn't work, you'll either be really lonely really fast or I'll bring you some "friends" to play with.)

5. That standing on a fire grate and letting yourself get blown off is good luck. (Okay, maybe only I spread that one. )

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add away.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 03-17-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm