Thread: About the Difficulty of the Game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default About the Difficulty of the Game

As the expansions are starting to roll in each year, they just keep getting harder and harder. It's fine for dungeons to be hard,but I feel like its just too ridiculous. I mean what is the next expansion going to be like? Is it going to be just as hard as fighting the elite version of the Cryostar? But I feel like certain things in this expansion have yet to be adjusted. First off, the damage needs to be adjusted on Hugal. He does way too much damage and can kill a mage in 1-3 hits. That is way too much and it gets reduced to 1-2 hits when he gets enraged. The worst part is that 2 of his attacks can one shot a mage. The first attack is his smash wind-up attack (that attack with the small red circle). If you have no shield you are pretty much dead,but if you have a shield,he might be able to finish you off with just one more hit. His second attack that one shots mages is his axe throw. He only uses this attack if you stand too far away from him,so it forces you to get close and personal with him which you might get one shotted either way. Now it just seems like I'm just making this post because I'm a mage and I tend to get one shot a lot,but I'm just talking about mage's as reference to the difficulty of certain things because they are squishy. Squishy PLAYERS (not just some mages,but rogues too) do need a chance too and I think that the smallest number of hits to kill a mage should be raised from 1 to 2 hits and should be a 1 hit if it's a critical hit. Another thing is that the Goblin event was too easy for end gamers and too hard for early gamers. Also,4/5 bosses were just plain pathetic because they could just be frozen by Time Shift Mastery and it's pretty much an instant win. The difficulty curve for this game is starting to go all over the place (kinda like this post) and needs some stabilization.

I'm just proposing a few very slight tuning to the enemies (not to the point where its sugar-coated) and make sure that areas have a somewhat similar difficulty range for all levels of players. Maybe I'm just complaining about the difficulty because of my addiction to doing solo runs and I mean it's fine if StS doesn't wanna nerf some enemies, though I think the biggest offender to this whole difficulty issue is the elite Cryostar boss. Now I understand that elite endgame is kinda meant to be doable for the medium to high geared players and can take up to at most an hour and a half to do,but I was trying to slay this boss in a pt with decently-geared buddies and it took us 3 hours just to try and we eventually just gave up (we tried almost every trick in the book and it somehow didn't go well for us) so definitely do some slight tuning for the elite version of the Cryostar. Also, I know I'm sounding like Underhul is like the most impossible undoable place ever, but it is definitely doable and is easy with a team,but I just think that the way the enemies are is a bit too harsh on resources (pots,ankhs,etc) for normal runs and it makes it harder for the lower tier lvl 56 players to make a bit more gold because they have to consume more materials and use more gold to buy materials more frequently.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-02-2016 at 01:08 AM.