Thread: Stabilize Damage in PVP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Stabilize Damage in PVP

I'm going to make this really short. Take a bunch of different classes and hybrids, don't use and buffs, and just auto attack on one another. You will notice that the damage system is simply bizarre. Damage mitigation at times seems completely random, with half of the attacks yielding 1-15 damage and then some attacks yielding a bit more, but crits yielding at times 10 times the amount of damage as a normal hit. Obviously it is different for each class and equipment setup, but it is universal that the damage system is completely unstable, and by that i mean it simply makes no sense in many situations.

This Example shouldn't be happening:
    35 trident Ursan with 80-107 against a 35 avian with a bow wearing pink sniper armor, Ursan or Avian are buffed
    Bear hits for the following: 1 damage to a target 4 times, then crit for 78 damage, then do 1 damage, then do 45 damage twice, 4 damage etc..

This is half of the reason why all battles are determined by buffs (cooldowns). Its because there unbuffed attacks are very unreliable and often completely meaningless.

My suggestion: stabilize the damage, stabilize the mitigation, make damage, dodge and armor buffs less meaningful.

Edit:
    this next test was rather telling:
    Ogrim - Ursan - 90 armor, 63 - 83 damage
    Mopeace - talon Enchantress - 68 armor, 67 -72 damage

First i attacked Mopeace with no buffs with the conq ancient sword. I did no damage unless i crit, and when i crit it was for 12 damage. With rage, crit went up to 45.
    Then Mopeace attacked me. With the talon, she did no damage, and when she crit, she did 0-1 damage! when she buffed she did about 30-40 damage.

This is displays of how flawed the pvp system is right now. Players should never do 0 damage to one another like this. In particular there is a huge issue with players doing 0 damage consistently until they get a crit, which increases the damage 40x that of normal.
    Last edited by Azrael; 06-10-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net