Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Holy cow, guys! Why all the hate? :(

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Holy cow, guys! Why all the hate? :(

I popped into an instance where a jetpack Droid was getting dogpiled. Lol! Couldn't even see what color jetpack he had for the crowd around him. Everybody seemed to be having a good time and then it started:
    "IOS losers get out! This is a Droid only event."
    "iLosers don't need to be here."
    "This is a Droid event, so you guys can just leave."
    And it continued on from there devolving into dead Steve Jobs jokes. What's the deal? Why all the hate? Hey, I use IOS and the only thing I *ever* said when the Android people arrived in PL was "Welcome home". I wound up leaving the game because I could tell I was getting cranked. I don't give a flying whatever what OS you use. I don't ask people what they use before they are "allowed" in my games or before I give them a good drop item. Yeah, I'll admit to being a little thin-skinned on the death jokes--losing a lot of family members to cancer and not getting to play last Saturday because I was playing bagpipes at a friend's memorial (he died of bone cancer) tends to do that. I'll admit that my sense-of-humor-about-death quotient is a little low right now.

Oof. I realize that a lot of those there probably aren't on the forum. I also realize that a lot of them are young--they have the invincibility of youth and of never having lost someone close to them. For those that read here, the only thing I'd ask is to think for a second about the others around them. How they may be playing to try to get through another day following the loss of a loved one. Or playing because they just got word from the doctor that their tests came back positive. And to think if I wouldn't be hating on someone because of the color of their skin or their nationality or some other goofball reason, how stupid it is to hate someone based on their choice of operating system.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post: