Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I'm a bit curious as to where the numbers from the thread are coming from. Eg. Amount of money their making, how many people are playing, how little people are paying, how many people should be happy, etc.

A review could be saying that STS is making a killing, but that's the revenue side. We don't know the operation side. For all we know, STS could just be breaking even. We don't really know how much they spend on their crew, hardware, software, etc.

We also don't know how the people in the forum actually affect their revenue. Heck, we don't even know how many people are in game at any given time. For all we know, the forum community could be as low as 1% of the active player base.

There's this saying, 20% of the people do 80% of the work. That 20% in PL may not even be on the forums.

I'm not disagreeing with the OP, because I too feel like something new and exciting would be awesome, I just try to put this into context when thinking about it.

Think about it, if we really are just 1-10% of the total player base, while the remaining 90% are spending willfully and freely, we can be vocal about it, but STS will still act in the interest of that 90%.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post: