Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime, we gotta talk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    One idea, for the players who can't buy a lot of plat, one idea is to just buy for those holiday times. You don't really need plat to play the game. But, if they want to collect, maybe if they saved their plat for just holiday/special event items.
    I did save some plat for the holidays . Yeah sts doesn't make you pay for the game, but if you wanna be unique, you gotta pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:502274
    Timeline regarding platinum since I began playing.

June 2010: No TapJoy, 10 platinum for campaigns. 2 platinum for FULL respecs.

July 2010: Same as June, everything is going along great. A02 is out, creativity was dulled since the old swamp ages/Ao1. Pinks became far less frequent than seen in both Swamps and Ao1.

August 2010: I took a few months break due to the same repetition, mynas generation, and other MMOs.

September 2010: Ao3 is released. Aside from the HUGE money drain that OL and the other bosses created, people LOVED the campaign. It brought back creativity that wasn't exhibited for a LONG time. Everybody, almost unanimously agreed that Ao3 was worth the long wait. Platinum costs increased by 10 platinum for the campaign. However, it was well worth it due to the innovation STS was showing they had.

October 2010: Halloween is out. It costs 5 platinum to play. More if you wanted exclusive items from packs. For the first time, people were irate due to the random packs and how much platinum was wasted on them. STS was decisive in that matter and recalled packs, reworked them to give better items and less costumes, gave a small refund. Everybody was happy, as the temporary content was innovative and people felt a part of Pocket Legends history.

November 2010: Nothing really happened, STS decided not to celebrate Turkey Day. Combat Rebalance occurred, which lead to temporary free respecs. People were angry, but the changes were needed, as L50's had nearly 90 dodge and 180+ armor.

December 2010: Holiday campaign is out. Platinum prices are again hiked for this campaign, but are similar to Halloween campaigns. STS begins to start to test just how much platinum their gamers are willing to purchase. On the vast majority, they were willing to purchase platinum because the content was once again, fun and innovative. STS starts to crack down on the TOS, leading to the mass ban event at Smaoe's party. People were shocked, but it was for the best.

January-February 2011: Balefort Sewers is released. It is once again, new. However, people did not like it as much as Ao3. However, gold elixirs still exist during this time period. Everything is allright. Valentine's Day occurs. People are shocked by the prices for the items WITHOUT an event. STS begins to favor platinum users. TapJoy is released.

March-April 2011: Gold Elixirs are removed. STS reworks their marketing strategy. One month goes by where people only have the option to purchase high overpriced elixirs. (3 platinum for 1 5 minute elixir that removes on death and counts down according to real world time). Platinum Elixirs are released, STS gives us back the elixirs we had previously, this time for the sale of platinum. People are OUTRAGED, as one elixir costs the amount a campaign used to cost. Eventually, the drama dies down and everything continues. STS claims since the main spine is free, they have taken away elixirs, replaced them with measly 1.5x gold elixirs and Platinum elixirs which were previously gold. People take it hard, but manage to swallow it. The 800-2000 platinum pack is more and more frequently bought. Average person would spend 2k platinum in 2-3 months now as opposed to spending a year it would take with the other marketing style.

May-June 2011: Platinum rates start to increase EVEN more. Shortly after June, the 500 platinum vanity is released. People are outraged. Platinum costs per month just seem to spiral upward.

August-November 2011:Halloween campaigns are repeated, when STS promised many new items with the return of some old items. People are outraged. Many collectors quit. What happens? STS releases new items many days after in an attempt to "fix it". One problem. Everything new and cool is platinum. Making money of their own mistake when we, the players, were told something else. Nuri's Hallow is barely out for 3 months before Mt. Fang is released. Campaign after Campaign seems to come in order to generate platinum sales. We plead STS not to make the same mistakes they did on Halloween, but have yet to see what their final decision will be.

Present: Now we are at the stage where the 2k platinum pack exists. It never existed previously and the highest amount you could purchase was 800. It is normal for a player to spend 100 dollars a month on platinum. The game now favors platinum users, leaving those who purchase very little platinum excluded of basically special holiday items and collectables. Creativity in campaigns are lost. STS is pumping out campaigns faster than a sweatshop produces products. Platinum is very high, campaigns are free but the innovation is lost. The marketing style has now become "Make as many campaigns as you can, release an elite item so people purchase elixirs/enhancers, and continue every 2-3 months so the money well never runs dry".

How much does this rake in? Let's see. STS makes about 100 dollars per player, perhaps a few 100. Yes, even the TapJoy users, because of advertising funds. Then there are those few outliers who have spent multiple thousands on platinum or those who did not spend any at all, but did use TapJoy. Cash is coming in through the wazoo.

^^^ Now, I am completely fine with this IF STS shows MORE CREATIVITY towards campaigns, because right now, they are half-buffed at best and I feel as we, the players, are dairy cows. STS is the dairy farm and is milking us for as long as they can until this marketing strategy does not work anymore.

I tried to make this as respectful as possible and show players who weren't here what has happened through the eyes of older players.
    Exactly. People are much more willing to pay higher amounts of plat if they feel they are getting their moneys worth, which up until these two most recent campaigns people did feel they got what they paid for.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Geez, what a great history lesson. When it comes to wishing there were fresh content, I really agree.

But, all that fresh, creative content gonna costs millions. We got to get many thousands new players. In order to pay for that content and also the new games. If we got all these 1000's of new players, maybe they could cut back on some of the prices.

One idea, for the players who can't buy a lot of plat, one idea is to just buy for those holiday times. You don't really need plat to play the game. But, if they want to collect, maybe if they saved their plat for just holiday/special event items.

Plat prices gonna stay high till we get that influx of new players, imo.

This was a good history lesson.
    I totally agree with you. (Feel free to start a debate, I'm not joking. I'd love one!) Yes, it would be great if players spent their platinum wisely. I'm going to try and see what all that fuss is about regarding only using gold enhancers. Let's see how well Zeus fares from 61-66.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I totally agree with you. (Feel free to start a debate, I'm not joking. I'd love one!) Yes, it would be great if players spent their platinum wisely. I'm going to try and see what all that fuss is about regarding only using gold enhancers. Let's see how well Zeus fares from 61-66.
    Your crazy, bro.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Your crazy, bro.
    Lol, knowing me, I'll probably give up halfway through and switch to platinum elixirs and grind it out. :P

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Lol, knowing me, I'll probably give up halfway through and switch to platinum elixirs and grind it out. :P
    I'm gonna send you to elixir rehab. Your shaking faster then a cold junkie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm gonna send you to elixir rehab. Your shaking faster then a cold junkie.
    I'm only shaking because it's freaking FREEZING in California today. I have shorts on and my heat is out. What gives!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:502320

This was a good history lesson.
    I agree, when people buy plat, they should spend it carefully. Or, at least not complain if it goes too fast.

I am a total tight wad, very carefully spending it.

STS has to make money, this is how they do it. But, I know they don't want anyone spending more than they can afford or spending what they do buy unwisely. They really do care about us players. Just have to make money some how.

Hey!! What about some more history lessons some time?
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Give up and Shelby will start hitting on you again.

motivation enough? :D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I agree, when people buy plat, they should spend it carefully. Or, at least not complain if it goes too fast.

I am a total tight wad, very carefully spending it.

STS has to make money, this is how they do it. But, I know they don't want anyone spending more than they can afford or spending what they do buy unwisely. They really do care about us players. Just have to make money some how.

Hey!! What about some more history lessons some time?
    Lol, joking or honest? I'll be glad to but I'm sure there are others who can give you better explanations. I wasn't as familiar with the game until June.

Also, I'm about to PM you something, so be sure to check your PMs if you can.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm only shaking because it's freaking FREEZING in California today. I have shorts on and my heat is out. What gives!?
    I wanna freakin live in Cali... Wanna trade? Roads are pure ice over here at CO right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I wanna freakin live in Cali... Wanna trade? Roads are pure ice over here at CO right now.
    I'd trade, love colder places.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Doom! Destruction! The end of Alterra!

Ok, does everyone really think the above line is going to happen with the new update. I mean come on guys, really? I have a lot of respect for many of the people that have posted here, but you guys have devolved to accusing STS of cheating you, and being ignorant. I will be more than willing to bet that the development team has more love for this game than any of us. But, they do have to make money.

To everyone who expressed extreme disappointment. Those of us who populate the forums are the minority. We can express that this is our game but, at no point should any of us assume that we can control what happens to PL. Suggestions and open discussion are encouraged by the development team. STS cares how we view the game, but they are going to do things to promote the majority (remember we are the minority). I thoroughly enjoy playing. I routinely run all the maps on my high level characters because I enjoy all the maps. Some more than others. Now STS has given me the ability to run these maps and gain xp, hurray! Now with the new elixirs I can also take a lvl 35 back to Plasma Pyramid. That was one to the things I hated when they level locked the maps.

To everyone, this is a GAME! Not life or death. I honestly would suggest that if these changes are causing you so much distress, take a break, you are spending too much time and getting way to involved in a GAME. It seems to me lately that many of the forum members think that PL should be the way they want it, regardless of how others feel. Get a grip on yourself. One of the biggest problems in this world today is how selfish and self-centered everyone has become.

To those I haven't ticked off, See ya in Alterra!

To the rest, Oh Well!
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yvonnel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Lol, not sure about trading, but feel free to join an Indian family. *puts up advertisement* Adopting Pharcyde/Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Give up and Shelby will start hitting on you again.

motivation enough? :D
    Or I could just play SL indefinitely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Totally off topic, but there are about 0.688992 comments per minute including mine.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Lol, not sure about trading, but feel free to join an Indian family. *puts up advertisement* Adopting Pharcyde/Brandon!

Or I could just play SL indefinitely.
    She can still hit on you via forums & phone.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonnel View Post

To everyone, this is a GAME! Not life or death. I honestly would suggest that if these changes are causing you so much distress, take a break, you are spending too much time and getting way to involved in a GAME. It seems to me lately that many of the forum members think that PL should be the way they want it, regardless of how others feel. Get a grip on yourself. One of the biggest problems in this world today is how selfish and self-centered everyone has become.

To those I haven't ticked off, See ya in Alterra!

To the rest, Oh Well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    She can still hit on you via forums & phone.
    You just always like to win! >.< Fine Fine Fine!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You just always like to win! >.< Fine Fine Fine!
    You know how Otu is, he is the only person on the forum that you have to race every comment with, cuz he's a winner. winner winner chicken dinner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde:502315
    I did save some plat for the holidays . Yeah sts doesn't make you pay for the game, but if you wanna be unique, you gotta pay.
    This last Halloween, I was a complete wimp, lol. I bought just, well the one you had to buy, then just one other plat pack, lol. I saw how people were buying like what seemed like dozens of packs. Wow. I can't afford that. Would have been really, really nice tho. Kinda wish I had had more $ then.

[QUOTE=Apollo:502340]
    I

Lol, joking or honest? I'll be glad to but I'm sure there are others who can give you better explanations. I wasn't as familiar with the game until June.

Also, I'm about to PM you something, so be sure to check your PMs if you can.
    JOKING?? Joking: absolutely not. I wish I knew more about the early days.

You know it's funny. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I'm looking at some old posts. I guess Pocket Legends came out on Apple first? Is that right? Cuz I ran across this thread, that made me crack up, lol. People were predicting that it would never work out well for Pocket Legends to be out on Android!!! Lmao, omg. I was cracking up.

And on the history lessons we talking about above. You know how I keep saying we need an influx of 1000s and 1000s of new players. It would be nice if they could all get a interesting read on the history of sts games (which ever one they are playing). I mean, I think they will really feel a stronger connection/deeper bond with the game. And anytime anyone has a good understanding of whatever history applies, it really, really makes them more appreciative of what they got at the moment.

Joking: no, not at all.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher