Hi everyone I'm looking to get more efficient at my inner core runs, and I thought it would be nice to give everyone a chance to talk about tactics they use specifically against Voleria mobs. As we all know, the mobs here are more difficult to kill and they provide new dangers (snipers, grenades, etc). And I've heard several of you *cough*ArtStar*cough* talk about how quick your vol core runs are..

For example, whenever I can I try to cast pain on the pushers to keep them from knocking someone into a mine. Also when there's a sniper I try to target it first in case someone isn't paying attention, but from what I get around here I think that's pretty common. Casting pain on a turret will keep me from taking too much damage if it's only attacking me for some reason, which does happen once in a while. I mentioned this earlier, but I ALWAYS try to stay away from the blue grenades whenever possible (the ones that stun you) because that can be the one time I end up dying and there's nothing I can do (unless I'm in chrome, lol).

So what do you do? How is your positioning in relation to the rest of the team? Who do you target first, and is there any special way you use your skills to maximize your efficiency as a support or simply as the engineer in general on your team? What are things you do on a good team, and how does your strategy change when you end up on a bad team or even solo?

I'm not looking for just one opinion, I was kind of hoping that everyone's thoughts would differ just a little bit on this. And I'm not looking for a guide necessarily, just an open discussion. It's been a while since anything new has been posted in the engi forum.