Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I smell sarcasm, but I'll ignore it. There's nothing mystical involved - just the logical passives given the update, and gear that gives you mana without detracting hp or damage - there are many possible combos if you are willing to spend the time and look for them. As far as skills go - I have always preferred CS to windmill, and added mana return to smash. Horn of renew and maxed vengeful blood still make a nice combo - it is just a matter of timing for one on one. As many others in this thread have said - use pets that give mana regeneration like the other classes do.

As I said before, I love trying and experimenting with various configurations and setups, as do some other players I know. It's a fantastic part of this game, where you have to work to balance everything - every gain has a cost somewhere else, so finding that sweet matchup of gear and stats which has it all, is a pastime that can keep one occupied for ages.
    This seems like a big stall... I wasn't being sarcastic, but I do want you to please give me an example of the build you used that allowed you to "not find that my character felt weak or lacking in the least". Because I for one feel drained by this update and I've tried quite a few builds. I'm assuming this build either does not exist or costs a fortune in pets and gear to form, because plenty of veteran PvP warriors have simply quit the metagame in frustration. Please elaborate if possible...
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I believe a huge part of the game is people discovering their own build and gear configs, not cloning someone else's. I can tell you that I use epic rings, not legendary, a free amulet from the Kraken Islands, a captain's axe, and berserker armor. Nothing mythic or arcane. I gave you enough information about my skills in my posts to figure it out but I am not going to post my specific build for every warrior in the game to clone. However, I will send you a private PM with my specifics to end this discussion so we don't take over the development thread arguing about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Of course It works fine even without veng if you have +1000 mana and mana heal pet. I mentioned it too.
    Just saying new veng doesn't give enough mana back. I tried it for two days and see 40% health dmg for 20% of mana.

Warrior always need more dmg for pvp, and now we have to use our stat for mana than crit or extra dmg. And even got nerfed on dmg of windmill.(not talking about glitch, but general dmg output)

And now saying this is fair and welcome to real world... just because warrior have to use more pots like rogue to tank for rogue..... don't think it will be harder to find good tank now....

Well make warrior hard to do tank and call it fair. (Well. Fine. I don't use it anymore. Took out all taunt upgrade and put them on passive int. Works fine. Too bad for no tanking. Sorry)

And about captain axe potency's proc.

It's just typo?
    Well. Then how about tons of people who used money on it because of '80%' dodge?
    And I bet you will do nothing about it even though it's obviously your mistake.

Can I call it a scam?
    Where should I report this?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Serancha: Forget it. I already know from your description that my build is similar, but with more INT upgrades (Full Demonlord of Will is the only difference, we even use the same amulet...) and I still find myself short on mana way too often, I don't know what you are used to succes wise though in AL. Vengeance has been robbed of all potency in a failed effort to make it more strategic, that's the gist of it. Devs please,please, please find a way to fix this and don't be to proud to admit that you may have just created more problems than you did solutions with this update. The truth is you guys do more good than harm, so the last thing I want to do is make you feel hated/condemned. It just seems apparent from the warrior nerfing that the only way to get things done nowadays in AL is to complain like rogues have about "OP" imbalances... so that's what we are all inclined to do now when we feel cheated.

-I like the fact that you guys are working so hard to keep the game fair and keep people interested in it.
    -I can't thank you enough for all you have done to keep me playing and keep my friends playing so that the game stays active and fun, you have a fun and prosperous business going here.

Rest assured if I was the only one complaining I wouldn't be so persistent, but it is obviously a pervasive problem that needs your attention so until something happens I will encourage everyone to voice their dismay. I really do wish there was another way to ge things done.
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Serancha: Forget it. I already know from your description that my build is similar, but with more INT upgrades (Full Demonlord of Will is the only difference, we even use the same amulet...) and I still find myself short on mana way too often, I don't know what you are used to succes wise though in AL. Vengeance has been robbed of all potency in a failed effort to make it more strategic, that's the gist of it. Devs please,please, please find a way to fix this and don't be to proud to admit that you may have just created more problems than you did solutions with this update. The truth is you guys do more good than harm, so the last thing I want to do is make you feel hated/condemned. It just seems apparent from the warrior nerfing that the only way to get things done nowadays in AL is to complain like rogues have about "OP" imbalances... so that's what we are all inclined to do now when we feel cheated.

-I like the fact that you guys are working so hard to keep the game fair and keep people interested in it.
    -I can't thank you enough for all you have done to keep me playing and keep my friends playing so that the game stays active and fun, you have a fun and prosperous business going here.

Rest assured if I was the only one complaining I wouldn't be so persistent, but it is obviously a pervasive problem that needs your attention so until something happens I will encourage everyone to voice their dismay. I really do wish there was another way to ge things done.
    I dont find myself short with mana at all in pvp, however pve is different i do run out, when i do ,i pop pots and then there i go but its not crazy mana eating .. from
    what i have observed so far.

For your complaint, maybe a good suggestion for the devs would be lower the mana cost of the skills. As for me i am fine with things, no big issues

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    For your complaint, maybe a good suggestion for the devs would be lower the mana cost of the skills. As for me i am fine with things, no big issues
    See that would be great and probably adequate for pve, but then you have the issue in PvP where smart opponents completely deny you any mana regen by not attacking you. How is it balanced if the opponenet has control over how much mana you get? There has to be some form of regen return during Veng even if it is something insignificant like a tiny regen rate boost. Otherwise Veng becomes utterly useless in PvP. PS based on what I've heard, you seem to be one of the few Warriors who is doing "fine" in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i gave up in enhancing the damage of mill. got 203 dps.221 with buff. i already tried 5 agility 5 might.damage is still 120-200+. tried replacing agility with lvl 5 damage.still the same. that passive damage skill is useless. End up using chest splitter. I tried this in pvp with ripmaw as my conpanion. i tried to chase a sorcerer and lost all of my mana .Time to rest to regen my mana so i need to run away from him.lol.Its like playing pacman.goodbye windmill for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Farming - auction house - farming - auction house - farming - auction house... I dont use my "gladiator" title anymore, im using "merchant" cos we are not warior anymore.... Proud to be a merchant class

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frans For This Useful Post:

Bullhul

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I believe a huge part of the game is people discovering their own build and gear configs, not cloning someone else's.
    Excuse me but you cloned your friend's build!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

For the warrior taunt,will it minus more damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

After this update,each skill cost more mana and vengful blood which used to heal a lot of mana for warrior is gone. H2N,I hope that you will fix this problem.Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebehottie View Post
    WTH.... Make a rogue.???? THE WHOLE POINT OF MAKING A WARRIOR IS TO BE A TANKER TO ABSORB DAMAGE THEN U TELL HIM TO MAKE A ROGUE PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT ON SOMETHING.... warriors and rogues are two distinct classes whats the point of putting a warrior as a choice class if theyre not important please use ur head.... Some people are just so naieve and selfish if u were a warrior and you put so much work on your character and an crappy update ruined ur stats how would u feel....

You would not want to play this game ever....

Empathize for the warriors

Im a rogue. But i feel the warrior's grief and anger

Please fix this soon i beg you coz a lot of peopld will stop playing coz tankers are really important they should do something ASAP

Well Good Morning to you Sir/Ma'am,

If you follow this tread, I did correct this comment. My apologies once again. Please don't pick the one dull headed post and use it to rant on. You could have done that without me as motive.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhul View Post
    Excuse me but you cloned your friend's build!?!
    Actually, there were many builds derived from what we learned during the trial and error period the night of the update. From what I learned there, I knew which passive skills I wanted to use, and then chose my fighting skills by what I felt most comfortable with. This was modified and adjusted through playing, resulting in a build similar to, but in no way a clone of any of my friends' builds. Of course everyone I know is still experimenting at this point, so even if one wanted to, there is actually nothing to clone except a build that someone might have tried for an hour. This is what free respecs are for, after all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm not too happy about the changes on the vengeful blood skill for warriors, I thought our low damage was the cost for not running out of mana, now we have to keep spending 360g on mana pots or maybe pair up with mages. We want it back!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i cannot believe warriors are complaining about having to buy health and mana pots. On my rogue I go through 200 pots doing a single elite run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i cannot believe warriors are complaining about having to buy health and mana pots. On my rogue I go through 200 pots doing a single elite run.
    I think most people would agree that you are either using the wrong skills (certian builds are better for elites) or you don't have any decent tanks /mages in your party to provide adequate support. That is a RIDICULOUS ammt of potions even for a rogue my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't do PVP with my warrior, I solo farm regular maps and sometimes do elite Jarl. I was vocal in my disdain of the Warrior nerf. I relied heavily on VB for mana replenishment. I tried various re-specs in order to return my warrior to his former glory, but nothing worked. I tried one last thing; I sold my ring and necklace and replaced them with high intelligence ones. Lo and behold I stopped hemorrhaging mana. I did lose a bit of armor due to the new jewelry, but my warrior is pretty much the same non mana guzzling killing machine as before.
    Last edited by rabidcanary; 03-14-2013 at 12:29 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to rabidcanary For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rabidcanary View Post
    I don't do PVP with my warrior, I solo farm regular maps and sometimes do elite Jarl. I was vocal in my disdain of the Warrior nerf. I relied heavily on VB for mana replenishment. I tried various re-specs in order to return my warrior to his former glory, but nothing worked. I tried one last thing; I sold my ring and necklace and replaced them with high intelligence ones. Lo and behold I stopped hemorrhaging mana. I did lose a bit of armor due to the new jewelry, but my warrior is pretty much the same non mana guzzling killing machine as before.
    Yes, there are always new builds to consider. A warrior could also spec some INT or get some passive INT. As a sorcerer I have a few points in passive STR, so no reason a warrior couldn't do the same for INT.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vengeful Blood

Quote Originally Posted by WindTurbine View Post
    BTW, vengefull blood isnt increasing mana quickly now :P
    I agree. That was my favorite "go-to." Now I run out of mana almost as quickly as a Mage/Rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Njsl1ck View Post
    I'm not too happy about the changes on the vengeful blood skill for warriors, I thought our low damage was the cost for not running out of mana, now we have to keep spending 360g on mana pots or maybe pair up with mages. We want it back!!!!!
    I agree