Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinions on the Warrior Changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

just must only be playin the rogue class!!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Default Oedid can't smash >:(

All I can say for certain is my kill death ratio has suffered despite numerous respec's and as a player I feel significantly discouraged. - I may not have a snazzy rogue, or a beastly Sorcerer, but I do know that my quality of play and enjoyment has been vastly decreased. I played warriors before and after "the glitch" and I still cant find a template that can keep up as effectively as before this patch at any time! I hope I find a template soon before this game becomes just another MMO on the list of MMO's I've shelved because they want to "balance" warriors.

-Sincerely,

Loyal Arcane Legends fan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Some good analysis, however, please try to steer clear from sweeping over-generalizations:

A bit over the top, no?

Please know that the Development Team is watching and playing and evaluating. Look for some continued refinements in future updates.
    Thanks for the reply, ya gotta carried away glad to hear your looking into this
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Lim, swear to god you hit me 3.5k...granted I was 25 at the time but still had 25 zerker, sealord of will helm etc.

Bardic

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    So this is finally when we get to hear warriors crying? And what's it been? mages have been crying forever and rouges been crying for 2+ months? Give me a break you warriors had it coming, just adapt like the other classes have to others being OP.....
    Dunno why rogues are crying, must be rough sitting at the top of the leader boards. Give me a break.

Side note, I think a buff to our armor is needed, spamming pots while wearing the best gear is more than alittle disheartening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    who did you play against though??? I was 1 vs 1 , with a bunch of the end gamers that are in the tournament. Im sure i can jump in a pug pvp and do okay agaisnt random lvls and people... but i want to make sure its balanced for all end gamers since the equip and levels are on an even playing field. I basically have yoru build... my armor is 1110 before any buff. my dps is 207...i fixed mana issue with ripmaw for PVP with the 8% mana regen...so thats not an issue... its just beating end gamers at this point
    okay i played pvp again today this is what i noticed

I 1v1 rogue (vyridiana i consider a pro rogue) it was like fighting a warrior LOL we lasted for awhile-
    considering my internet is acting up. it litereally lasted as if i was fighting a warrior and if my internet wasnt acting up
    me and vyr would be probably at it for a little longer..
    1v1 with other rogues ratio's about 50/50 they kill me, i kill em, fights longer, even if they crit 1k on me

1v1 with a warrior (Onade) ..... it was on forever.. health wasnt going down at all but mana, he did ran out of mana
    i didnt, but i had to stop the game bec i had no patience of goin another 10 mins doing no dmg at all LOL but who knows without him havin mana
    i couldve beaten him

1v1 with a mage.
    lasted longer = which they probably feel good about, but 100% of all the mage i 1v1 was killed

now 5v5 - about 2-3 warrios each team , 1 mage each , 1-2 rogues
    IT WAS FOREVER, mage heals/mana, warriors heals..
    my health was literally 90-100% same with mana.. we were all fighting 5v5 for a good maybe close to 10mins
    then i got disconnected so who knows what happend.
    You have to fight as a team, u cant do pvp individual.. or not fightin as team- expect to die 90% of the time when ur team arent together

conclusion i came to this, CTF IS BALANCED, if anything TOO BALANCED LOL

now as for pve, and to answer ur question, i was doing regular map southsea when i had 800 dmg, however i havent done pve lately
    because i am takin a break from AL.. so as of right now all im doing is pvp for the tournament.. then after the tournament im on break for about a month or whenever
    things are back on track with my rl

and oh.. take note.. YOUR STATS means nothing when you have no strategy/ timing etc

and also.. i dont have mythic
    Last edited by inkredible; 03-13-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The thing that annoys me most is the vengeful blood mana nerf... I mean I appreciate the fact that STS is trying to balance the classes and all but it'll be difficult for warriors to survive for extended amounts of time of continuous fighting. Yea we can regain some when we get hit so it encourages tanking. But the amount we would have to get hit to have enough mana regained would take out lots of warriors' health.

I would suggest would be to lower the mana cost for warrior skills and/or have them regain more mana when they're being attacked. Maybe some kind of mana ratio like there is in PL for warriors except maybe not as large of a difference. I mean over 60 mana to use a skill is kind of a lot especially since many warriors don't add any stat points to intelligence, at least they didn't used to
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    I mean over 60 mana to use a skill is kind of a lot especially since many warriors don't add any stat points to intelligence, at least they didn't used to
    Well then warriors should start using stat points on int, like rogues do.

Rogues's Shadow Piercer skill takes 60 mana. Aimed shot takes 50 mana. Why should warriors not be the same? It was totally unfair to rogues and mages that Warriors had such an extremely fast mana and hp regen through the VB skill. Killing is fun, in pvp as everybody will agree. The fact that so many warriors are crying about the VB and Windmill update is because they had made a habit of killing the other classes with a god-mode combo of Ribbit's 40% crit buff/ windmill glitch/ and Vengeful Blood. Some body will quote this line and say 'why arent most warriors' on the LB then? Well its because you warriors damage and damage the victim till the last moment, then rogues steal your kill, because she is a 'rogue' after all and sneaky stealthy. To prevent it, lure your prey to a lonely corner and then kill lol.

Jokes apart, after the update, rogues and mages atleast have a chance to fight a warrior. Previously they were always squished. Leave the mana to mages. Mage is the only class that deserves good mana.
    Last edited by Zyntia; 03-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I agree, during PVE it is extremely difficult to deal damage and survive at the same time. I mash the mana pots like no tomorrow since venge has no mana regen anymore. In PVP, of my, its as if pointless to try. You rush in, set yourself up with venge and horn. Then a rogue and mage blast you with arrows and fire and you die in a matter of seconds, dealing out no damage at all. Warriors hardly have a chance to play the game Anymore... I loved the warrior before "the glitch" during but not after. Ive lost hope for that character, ive left it and returned to my mage and rogue. Since theyre the only ones that can play anymore in my opinion.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Vengeful Blood was a skill that was better off untouched. As my K/D meter slowly drops, i find myself disliking this new update even more.

Mana consumption is just amazing. The 'bad' type, unfortunately. I can squeeze out five skills at most before running dangerously low on mana, and that doesn't even count the times when HoR and Vengeful bucks up and doesn't even activate.

Tanking in Pvp is pretty much pointless now. Without the mana boost Vengeful provides, there is no way to use HoR twice in a row. The debuff from Vengeful hardly does it's job, what with Rogues butchering even before mana regens enough for a second use of HoR.

Additionally, 1-1 battles now really suck for Warriors. Rogues kill us with apparent ease, due to our lack of mana. Health-packs spam, and they're good.

Mages get AOE disables and a shield that lasts a considerably long time. Rogues get basically everything. Warriors? What are we now but waddling ducks?

Prejudiced as this might seem, Warriors really need a buff right now.
    Last edited by Destructible; 03-14-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Vengeful Blood was a skill that was better off untouched. As my K/D meter slowly drops, i find myself disliking this new update even more.

Mana consumption is just amazing, the 'bad' type, unfortunately. I can squeeze out five skills at most before running dangerously low on mana, and that doesn't even count the times when HoR and Vengeful bucks up and doesn't even activate.

Tanking in Pvp is pretty much pointless now. Without the mana boost Vengeful provides, there is no way to use HoR twice in a row. The debuff from Vengeful hardly does it's job, what with Rogues butchering even before mana regens enough for a second use of HoR.

Additionally, 1-1 battles now really suck for Warriors. Rogues kill us with apparent ease, due to our lack of mana. Health-packs spam, and they're good.

Mages get AOE disables and a shield that lasts a considerably long time. Rogues get basically everything. Warriors? What are we now but waddling ducks?

Prejudiced as this might seem, Warriors really need a buff right now.
    there are so many warrs that feel the same way as you including myself and of course the people whos main acc are rogues and mages are gonna say "overcome" or "adapt" its because warrs are at a huge disadvantage and made the game not fun to play. since i play for a few hours and dont really have the time to make 3 different accs and max them all out so i have to pick with one and play it but now i feel like if you play a warr and arent extremly rich to afford the best armor weap and tons of potions you mind aswell not play because pvp you barley get mana and hp and pve you just spend most of the time spamming potions hoping not to die
    Last edited by DeathVirus; 03-14-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

sigh, mana problem in pvp? pfff
    a full geared warrior with 5/5 knowledge can have 1k+ and with that you dont worry about mana.

even with a plat gears having 700-900mana pool is fine as long as your gear has int and have 5/5knowledge.

pve is a different story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    a full geared warrior with 5/5 knowledge can have 1k+ and with that you dont worry about mana.

even with a plat gears having 700-900mana pool is fine as long as your gear has int and have 5/5knowledge.

Pve and Pvp are both widely different - just stating the obvious.

I have no idea how experienced you are on the Warrior class, and i won't speculate and criticize either, but going full Knowledge for a Warrior? I hardly think that will contribute much. Sure, it addresses the mana problems, but then what?

By replacing Might with Knowledge, (Skills are a no-brainer. Warriors have so few offensive skills as it is) more problems pop up, such as low hp, low damage/dps, etc. pretty much low on everything.

A warrior with that build will be simply squished. That is, also to me, the obvious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

4k hp is low? for you maybe.
    and knowing you only play for few hrs means you havent done much(testing builds) in your toon.

go check inkredible stats on warrior section.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVirus View Post
    there are so many warrs that feel the same way as you including myself and of course the people whos main acc are rogues and mages are gonna say "overcome" or "adapt" its because warrs are at a huge disadvantage and made the game not fun to play. since i play for a few hours and dont really have the time to make 3 different accs and max them all out so i have to pick with one and play it but now i feel like if you play a warr and arent extremly rich to afford the best armor weap and tons of potions you mind aswell not play because pvp you barley get mana and hp and pve you just spend most of the time spamming potions hoping not to die

My main is a rogue, lvl 25. I have no interest in pve for 26k exp to get to 26 so I have been playing my 21 warrior (someone gave me the idea to do just that).

I thought the glitch was warranted to be fixed. They basically neutered the warrior.

I think they hit the warrior a little too hard. I am slapping people in pvp with a wet noodle now. At least boost my armor to compensate and I don't mean just by a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I'll post my opinions on the status of PVP as it is right now. Again, merely my opinions from my analysis. I use all 3 classes and they are all max/near max gear but my main class is a warrior (Ravagerx).

1v1 matchups:
    Warrior vs Rogue 4-6 (can't kill rogue before 2nd mana pack is out? most likely rogue will win)
    Warrior vs Mage 7-3 (once the shields are down mage is usually dead)
    Rogue vs Mage 5-5 (i've seen it can go either way)

PVP crowd fighting:
    I understand and can agree to the VB mana nerf. It helps a little with the situation where pvp is crowded in the center with warriors spamming horn of renewal with no reliance on other classes such as mage with lifegiver. With the update I find it harder to get kills in a crowd for some reason. Lots of rogues and sometimes mages get my kills.

This game is perhaps more balanced more than before. There's always room for fine tuning but its hard to make it completely balanced. Adding a new warrior weapon or better mage armor would possibly change those 1v1 matchups. Until then, I mostly farm to save money hoping for new better gear will come out for my warrior. Luckily STS is constantly making changes to the game and evolving it more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

exactly why i wish we could keep two builds of specs, one for PVE and one for PVP, that way we can adjust our int for PVE, as i dont need it much in pvp because of mana bars and getting mana back after i die. lol
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    exactly why i wish we could keep two builds of specs, one for PVE and one for PVP, that way we can adjust our int for PVE, as i dont need it much in pvp because of mana bars and getting mana back after i die. lol
    Closest thing is having multiple loadouts right now. Different gear with different focuses unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

and knowing you only play for few hrs means you havent done much(testing builds) in your toon.

Without the Might upgrade* as i use a 21 twink as my main. I don't have much spare points for passives.

It's either Might or Knowledge for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

here
    without mythic still, and without abyssal warfare ,
    with sealord of will
    Name:  statsss.png
Views: 598
Size:  335.9 KB

with berserker
    Name:  mighty.png
Views: 156
Size:  349.1 KB
    Last edited by inkredible; 03-16-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours