Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: -_- really sts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

Expansions are slow too though but main point was what I said last

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakersrockftw View Post
    Expansions are slow too though but main point was what I said last
    Tbh I think sts needs to at some point declare a couple of there old games as dead. DL comes to mind.... This wouldn't mean the games would be removed, just that they wouldn't get new xpantions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I posted this in another thread but fits well here also:

They forget their other games. Without them al couldnt even exist. They forgot their old "fans". Not everyone like to play al bc its just not their style. They make other genres games that ppl like but r not as succesful as al is. But i think they doesnt deserve to be forgoten.
    How many time i saw here in forum they saying we have love for all our games. But thers no love in bussines only love for money. And sts is proving it just focusing on al as their for now most succesful game. No blame they must make money to live and make game better. But it want hurt to make some updates for other games from time to time too dont u think? Not so oft as for al, but half+ year ignoring is bit too much.
    I love SL i think its well balanced and developed game. (Every class has its specific role, coms have hp armor and crowd control skills, op deal dmg what makes runs faster and engs serve as suport, very necessary for their healing and reviving abilities.)
    Helloween event was great lots of fun but since then nothing much (christams was a joke).

So if u realy feel "love" for all of ur games show it a bit and dont foget ppl that supported u before al came to light. (otherwise its a bit sad)
    Last edited by Uzii; 03-15-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Tbh I think sts needs to at some point declare a couple of there old games as dead. DL comes to mind.... This wouldn't mean the games would be removed, just that they wouldn't get new xpantions.
    Great. With that mindset, think of it this way. You play the game of your choice (i really don't care which). Make friends, enjoy the playstyle, build your "perfect" toon.....next thing you know, your game goes on the back burner....Bet you're unhappy about that scenario. To those that say "Just move on.." ok, look. I have played alot of games in my life. There are games from a long time ago that I still pick up and play now and then because they were good, or a legend in their time. Just because something comes out and is new and "hot" does NOT mean it's great. Far from it, to be honest.
    It doesn't matter how many men you have....they are still no match for ME....- LuBu
    Sometimes the brightest and most beautiful star, is the one best viewed from afar. IGN- Notasparkly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

I understand but even if it is a hot game that doesn't mean ignore the other games that they made before it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm going to quote you on this when STS releases their next game and AL suddenly gets put on the backburner. No game is safe, dude, even the beloved AL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I'm going to quote you on this when STS releases their next game and AL suddenly gets put on the backburner. No game is safe, dude, even the beloved AL.
    I said this in another thread, I can see that one day AL will be the old game. What I would like to say is that I'm willing to move on to a new game. What I think would help STS have people that aren't so mad about there games being put on the back burner/or declared dead, would be that they creat a reward system in the new game for people that have done a considerable amount in the old game. In terms or achievements and items obtained etc. also if they would grant 25-50% of the platinum spent in other games to be automatically added to the new games account. There are things to help alleviate the feeling of pain, STS might want to look into that for future games.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

All Spacetime Games are a labor of love for us. Just to keep expectations in line, it's worth mentioning that Spacetime Studios is a small, independent developer (we're around 35 fun loving gamers working hard for your business). The other thing to keep in mind is that Arcane Legends is our biggest hit yet. It launched in November and we're already narrowing in on 5 Million downloads in 5 months! It took Pocket Legends almost 2 years to pull in that number! Hopefully that helps you understand why we're putting more of our efforts into Arcane Legends to keep it growing! We're doing what we can for all games, as Pocket Legends, Dark Legends and Star Legends continue to see thousands of new players every day. Not to the same order of magnitude that Arcane has, but still significant.

I know that some might say we should have just stuck with Pocket Legends and only improved it, rather than exploring and making Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends. Who knows, maybe that would have paid off. However, maybe doing that could have led to Spacetime Studios having to close up shop because we couldn't make it work? That's all hindsight. What is clear is that if we can manage to continue making new content and making hit games that gamers like the play, we'll be around for a long while to come.

We know we would be nowhere without our fans. It's you guys who really bring the Legends games to life. We're working hard to earn your business and we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our games!
    Im just curious how many from those 5 mil played more then one day and loged in regulary.

Also isnt it cheating for ppl they choose to play other sts game not al, put their time and effort to it and then find out its not updated?

Yes al is most popular around but it doesnt mean its all ppls cup of coffe.

Just some update from time to time to have somehing to do in ur other games that payes off for ppls time they already put into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I said this in another thread, I can see that one day AL will be the old game. What I would like to say is that I'm willing to move on to a new game. What I think would help STS have people that aren't so mad about there games being put on the back burner/or declared dead, would be that they creat a reward system in the new game for people that have done a considerable amount in the old game. In terms or achievements and items obtained etc. also if they would grant 25-50% of the platinum spent in other games to be automatically added to the new games account. There are things to help alleviate the feeling of pain, STS might want to look into that for future games.

-Vys
    Pretty sure the majority of people do not like restarting their efforts every few months, hence why the majority of people tend to stick to the game that they truly enjoy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Pretty sure the majority of people do not like restarting their efforts every few months, hence why the majority of people tend to stick to the game that they truly enjoy.
    Point taken, I respect all the other views it makes sense that people get updates for games they play. STS needs to make one game that will be the "last game to win them all" and stick with it. But for now I guess multiple games is where we are at......

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Since lots of comments are getting directed here, ill say my piece also. I play all the games, they all have there awesome quality's. Many have one game they play and stick with, mine happens to be SL. More games, don't really help...people just migrate to games that get updated more often not because its popular, but because the older games don't have the new bells and whistles we all like. I love AL, I have made an established guild which is for different types of players..not only hardcore. But many agree that each wants player to go back to the game that bought them to play in AL in the first place.

Im not against the devs for not updating the older games (I understand business, but i'm also a player of these games), im also not in support of the lack of communication that forces devs to reply. Many have to troll to get a response, which i'm sure what not posters intent, but maybe it is lol (Kids rage devs, that's how they express there emotions). I want sts to stay in business but if the games that brought the funding are not updated, more will be hesitant to buy even if new games are released (im speaking from personal experiences, not generalization). We have seen that more then a few months have passed, and in SL case...we have to rage to get a response.

So all i ask is chat with us more on your plans...so were not left guessing.

*edit*
    I understand your a small company, we get that..but i'm a marketing manager aside from being a designer at a small firm (So understand resources). So communication has to be the priority to the customer even if they are children. As for managing resources, its not my position to say any comment. I want to return to my point of interest, which is SL.

Last edited by octavos; 03-15-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

^^ so well said, I guess my previous opinion was based on the fact that I wanted "one" game that we could all enjoy, that would be the focus. I don't like seeing STS's resources stretched thin...... So either they need a team for each game or they need to stop making new games.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

AL is the best I used to play SL but it got a little to nooby and beggers were every were I could not go 5 mins with out a begger comeing along

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smart View Post
    AL is the best I used to play SL but it got a little to nooby and beggers were every were I could not go 5 mins with out a begger comeing along
    I have got to admit, Arcane Legends is pretty damn good. I'd just like there to be more skill involved when PvPing, kinda like in PL before the L76 cap.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I have got to admit, Arcane Legends is pretty damn good. I'd just like there to be more skill involved when PvPing, kinda like in PL before the L76 cap.
    Yeah, in pvp for AL, you need real skill to be killing ppl in PvP. The warriors are basically OP, like the warrior in PL I'm endgame. Rogues, well, they can one shot you if they get a critical on their first charged aimed shot.
    Sorcerers, as I said, you need some real skill. They are kind of UP. In pvp ppl complain how I can beat warriors solo even if I'm sorcerer.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

Pl had good pvp but how they don't even update any content is ridiculous to me

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh, this generation it's all about the money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The solution- Combine ALL the Games!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It is a nice thought, but it didn't really play out for Dark, ya know? Dark is a decent game, but it was a swing into a niche area, where Arcane really is the culmination of the Legends franchise and a real hit.
    I respect your opinions, but I just hope you guys do your best to not let down the players that got you started in the first place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

Yup always remember that